Breaking Over and Over
For Tristan
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Roana walked through the streets of their little ramshackle settlement, a frown curving her lips. Since arriving, things had been moving so quickly that she hadn’t really had time to reflect on what this new life meant, nor how much had changed. Brahm. Ara. They were constant thoughts tugging at the back of her mind, and now with a bit of idleness, her sorrow over the lack of their presence weighed heavy on her shoulders. It felt like she lost another child with Ara missing. She loved her boys but no child could be replaced with another. And Brahm…her heart felt like it shattered at the thought of him. Her first and only love, the first and only man to see her as more than a warrior but as the woman she also was.

Her knuckles went white as she gripped the hilt of Krosis in an attempt to shove her tears back. She couldn’t fall apart, even if she had the time to.

Eventually her gaze rose as she looked down an alleyway. The sun had started to set, which affected what she saw, but a few things were clear enough. A broad-shouldered, very tall, muscular man, with long blonde hair and a beard. Her heart skipped a beat and her breath caught in her throat. Without another second of hesitation she bolted forward, sprinting as fast as she could. ”Brahm!” she cried, her emotion evident in her tone as she slammed full force into him. Whether he managed to stay standing for fell, it didn’t matter – her arms were locked around him tightly.

He was here! She had found him! And she wouldn’t let him go again.

Tristan
roana
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone
Tristan Cadfáel
Blacksmith / Mercenary

Age: 35 | Height: 6’ 7” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Sparrow Offline
Change author:

’Brahm!’

The shout took him unawares. Tristan halted in his tracks and instinctively turned towards the sound with a curious glance, a sack of grain and dried meats slung over one shoulder as he milled down the alleyway to take a shortcut back to the smithy. At least, that was the goal until the shout halted him. The man turned his head, boots halted in the slush and snow as blue eyes peered out at the figure of a quickly approaching woman. The blacksmith took a step back, for perhaps she spotted someone just beyond him and intended to reach them instead, but, no…

Even as he moved back a step and allow her passage, she followed, arms outstretched and an expression full of disbelief, grief, and hope, and before he knew it Tristan’s much larger physique was enveloped and knocked back by an eager set of arms wrapping firmly around his middle. Unthinking, he dropped the sack of provisions as he lost his balance beneath the sudden ambush, the said item falling to the snow-covered ground with a muted ’thump!’ The contents spilled out across the alley, but currently, the blacksmith’s concerns were elsewhere.

“Ah!” A sound of alarm erupted from his lips, eyes wide as he scrambled to grasp the woman seemingly locked around him as he fell in a heap into the snowy ground, landing upon his back with the dark haired woman just atop him. Were the situation any different there was no doubt in his mind that he would be flustered, but at the moment the brunette found himself vastly curious. And winded.

Giving a cough, he cleared his throat, blue eyes wide as he regarded the woman so very suddenly in his arms. “Um.” What in the world was going on? “I’m sorry, miss, but, ah… Do we know each other?” The inquiry was spoken softly and with a slight tremble as the frigid and wet snow began to seep through his thick longcoat.

Roana

tristan
with just one bite, the tables turned; you lit my world, and then watched it burn

Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
It was the shout of surprise that tipped her off to her mistake...for more than one reason. First, the voice was wrong. She could have picked out Brahm's voice in a crowd during a loud rowdy festival. This was not his voice. Secondly...a shout if surprise? No, she expected a rowdy "Ro!" out of her husband. There had been enough of a lead up for him to know who she was. Third, now that she was laying ontop of him in the slush, she realized he didn't fit right. Not as a slight to the man beneath her, but she knew what it felt like to embrace her husband like this and it was just...different.

It took her brain a moment to process all of that though. Long enough for him to ask if he knew her. She looked up at him with wide blue eyes, her dark hair framing her face as she tried to catch her breath. Truly she had run as fast as she could to get to him. This close up, while there were uncanny similiarities, she knew this was not her Brahm.

The hope he had seen in her gaze seconds before shattered into what would be a million tears if she let them fall. Instead they merely welled up, held at bay by sheer will alone. Roana Steadman was nothing if not willful.

"I...I'm so sorry!" she stuttered, her voice cracking with the emotion her body was desperate to released but her mind was stubbornly refusing to allow happen. Her heart was breaking again, the ache in her chest an all too familiar friend these days. Quickly she scrambled off of him, taking one of his hands if he allowed to help him back up. He would find she was shockingly strong for a woman her size. She was formidable, even when not taking someone by surprise. Well, the four foot claymore on her hip also probably told that story.

Her cheeks flushed from the exertion of her run and embarrassment. How stupid could she be, thinking she found Brahm just meandering through the settlement? If he was here he would have been tearing through every building looking for her and their children. "I'm so sorry I just...you just...you look very much like my husband who I haven't been able to find since coming here..." she said, swallowing the hard lump in her throat. "I'm Capt...Roana Steadman." She still stumbled over her old title. It would stop eventually.

Her eyes found the supplies that had been scattered across the ground. "Oh, dammit I'm sorry let me help you!" she said quickly, kneeling to start picking up the scattered rations.

Tristan
roana
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone