cleaning up nicely (open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Giving the demi-god an easy grin, Loren crossed his arms. ”Why should the bacteria be allowed to kill others?” His voice was light and genuinely curious, though he raised his eyebrows as he waited for the answer. Giving Kai a kindly smile, the summoner let out a huff of laughter. "Nothing wrong with being new to it."

As Oliver asked about the son of Rae, the Launceleyn opened his mouth. Then, though, he closed it and shook his head with a rueful chuckle. He walked over to the newly clean wall and leaned against it. His eyes came to rest on Oliver, and Loren's eyes sparkled with amusement.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
kaimana
they say we are what we are, but we don't have to be
This is very quickly venturing into philosophical discussions that Oia would be far better suited to, but you will do your best. "Well... I guess I'm not sayin' it should be allowed. There's medical in'erventions for a reason. But the bacteria isn' tryin to kill people. It's not malicious. It's just tryin' to fulfil its biological imperatives, same as anythin' else. Same way it's the biological imperative of whatever it infected to try an' return itself to health." You shrug, because while you certainly would be rather saddened to see someone die of bacterial infection, you can't help but be a little impressed with the ability of the organisms to endlessly adapt and change.

The Oliver's question makes you turn back to him, all distress gone in an instant as you once again shrug. "I dunno! I don' remember where I'm from, or what life was like, 'cept that I'm pretty sure I grew up with a lotta water an' Oia was always there. After we finish observin' the Hollowed Grounds Dama will prolly restore our memories." Tilting your head, you clench your hands, giggling a little at the sensation as the playful mud swaps between your arms. "Whaddabout you?"
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
How old even was this kid? Oliver was pretty much done with the conversation for now, but it was weird to see such a perspective. The kid knew about bacteria and stuff so clearly where he comes from isn't that primitive, and yet he's been so defensive of it. There were so many questions Oliver had and even though he disagreed with almost everything Kaimana said, he didn't hate him, nor did he really feel any negative feelings towards him. It was mostly a mixture of confusion and Oliver thinking that in this instance, he was correct. Clearly, the kid was smart, maybe just a bit misguided.

His interest was soon peaked when the kid took the bait. Oliver thoroughly enjoyed hearing about people's histories. Maybe it was him living vicariously through them or maybe he genuinely liked to learn more about people, but either way Oliver was happy to have the kid suddenly change the subject. However, nothing could've prepared Oliver for what would come next.

The excitement that overwhelmed him when Kaimana confessed that he didn't know his history. Was he...was he like him? Oliver was excited- so excited. Finally! He had met someone just like him. He wasn't alone anymore! He...he was no longer alone.

The words flooded out of his mouth in a fast and stumbling manner, but he couldn't help himself. He was simply so excited to finally meet someone just like him. "I don't remember anything either! I mean, I kind of do? I remember small pieces...like I think I lived by a port or something once. I also know that I think I once went to school." The look on Oliver's face was one of pure joy and amazement, like a kid who saw a magic trick for the first time.

Finally, Oliver wasn't alone in Caido.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren raised his eyebrows, though a faint smile danced on his lips. ”Fair enough.” Then, though, the summoner subsided, more than willing to be a silent observer in the exchange between Oliver and Kai. The Launceleyn's eyes were thoughtful, and he gave Oliver a curious look when the other Abandoned spoke. "I'm glad you remembered more of your past." Loren's tone was kind, and genuinely excited

Then, though, he sighed. "Unfortunately, I should probably get back to the Manor." For a moment, a secret grin (though the other men could see it) flashed across his face, though he quickly schooled it back into a more neutral mask. "Thank you both for your help, and I'm sure I'll see you around." Giving a cheerful nod, the summoner turned to leave them to their discussion.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
kaimana
He has no memory either? "How come you can't remember?" you ask excitedly, turning all your attention to the Oliver and this new series of revelations. "Were you sent here on a task, too? Or did you suffer some brain trauma when you came through the portal? D'ya have any other memories?"

You only pull yourself away when Loren moves to leave, enthusiastically waving a mud-covered arm and sending muck flying in all directions. "Bye, Loren! See ya' later!" Then you turn back to Oliver, sitting down upon the ground, eager for storytime.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
So Kaimana was sent here for some sort of task. Interesting. Oliver was interested in asking for more information, but first he needed to answer the kid's question. Before he could answer, Loren seemed ready to leave. Oliver didn't really blame him.

Flinching thanks to the sudden mud flying everywhere, Oliver put on an awkward smile and waves to Loren. "I'll be back at the manor in a bit." How long? Well, however long he and Kaimana would be talking about who knows what.

Finally, Oliver turned back to Kaimana who was now sitting. Raising an eyebrow, Oliver's took a seat himself, now kneeling on the ground. It seemed weird to just stare down at Kaimana. Plus, this was far more personal. Time for some answers. "I'm not really sure why I don't have any memories. Personally, I don't think that it's any of those. I think that it was taken from me or something like that. Otherwise, my memories wouldn't be coming back in random pieces." Then again, Oliver knew nothing about medical stuff. He could only make assumptions, in no way was he capable of self diagnosing.

"My memories are like...super random. Like I said. I remember concepts or ideas. I know that I've had some kind of romantic partner in the past, but I don't remember their name, face, or anything about them besides that they existed." And that the person was male, but that didn't seem to be an important detail.
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Scientist

Change author:
kaimana
You sit in perhaps the least dignified way possible, your legs tucked in front of you, knees akimbo, spinning a blade of grass between your fingers before popping it into your mouth. But for all your apparent distraction you're taking this seriously, listening intently to the Oliver's story.

Slowly you nod, more in comprehension than anything else. "Well... Do you wanna remember? An' if you do, what're you usually doin' when you remember things?" Absently you poke at one of the mushrooms that has sprung up near your feet, enticing it to dance. "I'll remember things when my Dama decides I finished my assignment- but until then I've just gonna keep doin' the things I think I'm s'posed to. So maybe you gotta figure out what you're s'posed to do, an' then you'll remember why"
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver didn't mind Kaimana sitting like that. He was a bit confused by the fact that the kid just started to eat grass...but whatever. Oliver had given up at this point. He already knew that the kid had completely different views than him and Loren, so if he ate grass? Sure. Phoebe or someone else could heal him if the grass made him terribly ill. If unicorns could eat the grass then probably Kaimana could too.

Besides, he had more important things to worry about. Kaimana was full of questions and went on explaining that he was sent here to complete a task. Oliver wasn't sure if he was the same. The Voice apparently brought him and many others here, mostly without real reason. So that might not be the case, despite Kaimana suggesting it. "I'd love to remember, really, but I know I cant let that get to me. I cant let it drag me down or prevent me from living a good life here." Hopefully Kaimana would hear his words and take it as a piece of advice if he were struggling with similar thoughts. "The memories come back randomly. Sometimes it'll be something I will see, other times it's when I'm talking about something and then the idea just suddenly comes back to me. It comes back in small pieces, rather than full on memories with names and faces."
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza
Scientist

Change author:
kaimana
His declaration that he won't let the lack of memory drag him down makes you grin and nod encouragingly, fully agreeing with that plan. You rarely let things get you on, at least not for long, though whether you're truly that forgiving or because you have the attention span of a golden retriever remains open for debate.

Tilting your head, you hum a thoughtful note, the mushroom moving jauntily to your tuneless song. Suddenly you lean forward, reaching out to put your hand over his. Meeting Oliver's blue eyes intently, your own brown gaze is empathetic and warm. "Sounds like you got a past an' a present an' you gotta decide which one is you." This is rather shockingly sage advice from someone like you, but occasionally it happens. For a moment you seem much older than your age, and wiser. Like a Demigod ought to be.

Then the moment shatters and you laugh, leaning back and springing to your feet with a sudden, exuberant explosion of movement. "I'm gonna go observe some other people!" you announce brightly, once again nothing more than a youth. "Come an' see me when you get more memories if ya want!" With a friendly wave you spin on your heel, making your way in an entirely random direction, the mushroom dancing in memory mud a reminder that Rae was, in a way, here.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The last thing he expected was well...everything that followed. The moment he felt Kaimana's hand place over his own, his eyes widened and he stared, looking into warm brown eyes. The one who had been known for being childish, possibly not understanding the world fully, was suddenly giving him advice. Advice that showed knowledge, a very deep understanding of the world. It was a sharp contrast to the Kaimana Oliver had seen before, but it warmed Oliver's heart.

Then as though someone snapped his finger, the mood shifted drastically. The boy was laughing once more, shifting back to a playful child. There was hardly any time for Oliver to respond as the boy was talking fast, obviously eager to go off and explore. There was one request left of him as Kaimana made his leave. Hurriedly, Oliver stood up and gave a small wave. "If I remember anything big enough for a story, I'll certainly come and tell you." Oliver could keep that promise up, no doubt. There were things Oliver didn't think Kaimana would want to hear, like to find out he liked apple pie or some boring shit like that. However, he knew that little snippets of stories would come to him, so he'd be sure to find Kaimana if that happened again.

So, with everyone gone, Oliver finally decided to make his way back to the manor, a small spring in his step as he headed back. The words of Kaimana echoed in his ears, contemplating deeply.

Finished
quotey quote!
ayeee goes to two lines
Wowza