We Start With ABC...
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Clemente
the difference between a garden
and a graveyard
is what we choose to put in the soil

Clem gives a sharklike grin as he grips Amun's hand and shakes it vigorously. "Deal!" Though as soon as he agrees the boy tilts his head and squints at Amun. "What productive ways d'ya think we can try?" He's hoping they don't work if only to Muhammed Ali style on Sam's now-useless babymakers, but Clem is open to ideas.

Amun's voice and demeanor entirely changes as he speaks of The Voice, and Clem is oddly taken aback by the devotion the man presents, the unfettered trust. It's unlike him, but it also soothes the nerves in the boy to see Amun express it so freely. "Will you go with me?" he asks softly. Rexanna had offered as well, but she and Wessex are so high on their own pedestals to Clemente, and in many ways he would rather have Amun at his side when he eventually meets The Voice face to face. Perhaps his lightheartedness will help if she cannot answer him again, or will quell his nervousness if she does appear.

"Okay but like, explorin' and listenin' is way cooler - and easier - than this," he grunts, making a moue at the book. He intends to continue learning nonetheless, but it's honestly a bit of a relief to know there's other stuff he can do to please their creator.

Table Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun grinned easily at Clem. ”You tell me, swift. When you’re not clandestinely practicing your reading or plotting revenge, what do you like to do?” Eyes sparkling with mischief, the potter leaned forward, his tone eager and curious.

At the boy’s request, Amun immediately nodded. ”Of course. You don’t even need to ask.” His voice came out enthusiastically, and there was a gleam in his eye as he thought about introducing Clem to their goddess.

Chuckling, the potter tilted his head and gave the boy an amused look. "Just think of how much easier and how much more useful you'll be to Wessex, Rexanna, and The Voice once you can read, swift." Amun waggled his eyebrows at Clem.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Clemente
the difference between a garden
and a graveyard
is what we choose to put in the soil

Oof, good question. Clem thanks The Voice for not giving them the ability to blush, and tries to ignore how he feels embarrassed by his reply. "Uh, not much. Nate taught me how to carve wood, so I've been makin' some gifts...but that's it." He's kind of a nerd, and a homebody. After so many years of not having a place to return to, a stable home, he doesn't like to leave much. The Atheneum is an okay middle ground at least. Filled floor to ceiling with tomes and journals that will keep Clem occupied for the rest of his immortal life.

The reminder that he's doing this for a reason - for his family, which Amun certainly is - helps calm him back down. Settles the jagged edges of his mind, reforming it into something malleable and willing to be subjected to further alphabetic torture. "You're right. More words." And with a grin that's far too revealing with how much he loves and appreciates Amun, Clemente turns back to the book to seek out a new word to make the man sound out.

{FIN}

Table Code by Sky!