(SE) will we burn, or will we repent?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
Kaimana’s answer interests him regardless, that even the child of Rae only met the intriguing god once as well. He thinks for a moment on what to say to it, before his steel gaze snaps to the freckled man at his next question – refraining from laughing at the elephant in the room. “That’s one way to put it, yeah.” He rumbles, not wanting to explain that it was possible to enjoy the feeling, without the reproducing aspect. He doesn’t want to go into details on that regard, especially with the way Kai seemed to be.

Still, he snorts a few moments after, shaking his head and returning to the sweeping of the steps and porches, listening as he asks what the most interesting parts were. And it seems, perhaps, Sunjata can learn a thing or two as well from Rae’s child. “I arrived just after the barrier lifted.” He says in acknowledgement. “How did the barrier affect it?” An interesting question, considering that nobody had told him much on it other than the fact that it did.
if i let go, would you hold on?
would we fly?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KAIMaNA
"What's another way to put it?" Genuinely, you want to learn about expressions and idioms and the way people would say things. More and more you've begun to feel that maybe you don't do as good a job as you thought at blending in with other people, something that you know shouldn't bother you but still itches somewhere in the back of your brain. "I know humans engage in sexual activities recreationally, not just 'cusa reproductive needs. Is that what y'meant? Didja feel the desire to do that with Frey?" You fidget a little with the broom, shifting your weight from foot to foot, your brain racing a little bit. Is that what you wanted to do with Frey? Is that a thing you want to do with anyone?

At least talking about your knowledge of the barrier is an easy piece of conversation, more in your wheelhouse than recreational sexual activity and whether or not it's something you're interested in. "Well, 'course, it's hard to say without havin' seen it 'afore the barrier. But the barrier created a closed ecosystem- there wasn' any genetic drift, an' the populations of the local flora and fauna was constrained by a small gene pool an' limited geographic space." You've stopped sweeping now, and are using your arms to gesticulate as you speak, making a circle out of them to indicate the small space in the barrier, waiting for Sunjata to express a level of understanding of further curiosity before going on.
so peel away the bark
cus nothing grows when it's dark
and keep your eyes fixed on the sun
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He definitely doesn’t expect to have to answer that question, and his gaze lingers on Kaimana as he figures out just how to put it. “Well, there’s a number of ways I suppose.” He says awkwardly, coughing lightly before a similarly awkward, boyish smile crosses his face. “Most people tend to hide it by saying they want to sleep with someone.” A brief shrug before Kaimana continues, and Sunjata pauses with his own broom, gaze lifting to the other freckled man. “Yeah, that’s what I meant.” He admits, a quiet hum of a chuckle leaving him before he shakes his head. His cheeks flush a small amount with his embarrassment of talking over this.

He’s not wrong, at least.

At least his awkwardness and embarrassment fades when Kai begins to reveal the information regarding the barrier, and he listens diligently while he continues to go and brush off some dust, mud, and debris from the next porch step. “Hmm, I see. And so by breaking the barrier of the ecosystem, it adds new…” He pauses while he thinks up the correct term. “Influences? That changed the ecosystem here as well as those around?” He tilts his head, steel gaze drifting toward Kaimana curiously.
would we fly?
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
KAIMaNA
Sunjata is picking this up very quickly compared to many of the others you've spoken to, causing a broad, enthusiastic grin to stretch across your face. "Yeah! 'xactly. An' it affects both the area in the barrier an' the area outside."

Still gesticulating, any semblance of cleaning long abandoned, you continue with your point. "So for instance the Blight could be considered an invasive species from the Hollowed Grounds- or a virus, really. The people an' plants here have a natural resistance to 'em, which is why they weren't affected so bad. But the Greatwood hadn't been exposed, so there was no immunity." If your voice holds a little too much respect for the Blight, it's only because you do respect, even if you think it was a terrible thing at the same time.
so peel away the bark
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He finds he’s thankful when the conversation drops and shifts toward the barrier, to the wide smile that crosses Kaimana’s face, a hint of a smirk reflected on his own at being able to read between the lines. But it fades quickly as he speaks of the blight, Sunjata’s head tilting slightly with the thought.

I had the blight.” He rumbles, steel eyes lingering in the broom in his hand, recalling the way it had changed him, messed with his mind, made him do things he otherwise wouldn’t. “We still managed to get it, though. Was it just something that arrived because of the interaction with the Greatwood?” It hadn’t been around before as much as he’d heard. But he’d only arrived after the barrier had fallen anyway.
would we fly?
Scientist

Change author:
KAIMaNA
"You did?" you exclaim, suddenly fascinated, your attention rapt as your brown eyes widen. Leaning toward Sunjata as though proximity might give you answers, you peer up at the incredibly tall man. "How'd you get it? How long did it last? What were the symptoms? Didja pass it on to anyone else? D'ya have any lingering effects?" He's a living specimen, a survivor, and thus a wellspring of knowledge.

You are somehow even more animated now, and his questions only fuel you. Tapping thoughtfully on your chin, you begin to pace in thought, the broom dragged behind like an errant child, its purpose long abandoned. "Could be 'cus you're an outlander, so y'don't have natural immunity. It sounds like the pathogen spread from the Greatwood- it'd make sense fewer Grounders got it, an' it could be it was milder just 'cus'a the interventions that Vi and Dama made."
so peel away the bark
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Kaimana drifts closer, almost as though he’s inspecting, and Sunjata stills to let the demi-god peer at him. “I’m not sure how I got it.” He offers unhelpfully. “The girl I was with had it though. Longer than I did. It got to her more.” He rumbles, reaching up unconsciously to rub at the scar on his shoulder, a small place where the tattoo that lined his skin wasn’t entirely there anymore. “Mood swings, lots of anger, hopelessness. I don’t think I passed it on.” His face scrunches up with the memory. “No lingering effects either. But more people had it worse and longer than I did, where they were almost rabid, not themselves. They’d do things they wouldn’t normally do.

He, too, had done things he wouldn’t normally do.

Yet he watches Kai begin to pace, informing him that since he was an outlander he likely didn’t have a natural immunity, and he nods slightly. “The roses.” He murmurs under his breath. “The worst blighted ones kept trying to destroy the roses.” He offers a bit offhandedly.
would we fly?
Scientist

Change author:
KAIMaNA
You listen intently to the described symptoms, mentally committing the description to memory, watching as the man rubs a small spot on his shoulder as though it is related to the disease. It reminds you of rabies, or some other diseases you've read about: mind-altering and intense, and apparently incurable.

Until Vi and your Dama stepped in, that is.

You nod along as he mentions the roses, that much making sense. "If the roses were a threat to the pathogen - an' the pathogen had taken over the hosts - it makes sense that they'd try to destroy 'em." Thoughtfully you turn the broom over, holding it so the straw is facing upward, your fingers brushing across the hard fibers. "Did you destroy any?"
so peel away the bark
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
It was like a rabid animal, a change in the person that overrode the basic instincts and changed them into something else. But he pays attention with a quiet sigh to the demi-god as he comments about he roses, and he nods in understanding. To remove the threat, to destroy it and remain in the darkness that was the blight. But as Kai asks him if he destroyed any, he shakes his head.

I wanted to, but it didn’t get bad enough for me to actually do it.” He offers unhelpfully. “I did plant one before the symptoms started showing. Got attacked while doing so, but.” He trails off a bit offhandedly, uncertain where that conversation will go, and so he lets it go unless Kaimana asks a question that continues it.
would we fly?
Scientist

Change author:
KAIMaNA
The comment about planting a rose draws your attention briefly, though you are more interested in the mindset of those affected deeply enough to cause them to destroy one of Rae's creations, so obviously meant to cause healing and peace.

You've been holding still for long enough that the straw of the broom seems willing to take its chances at life, sprouting a couple of hopefully little leaves and taking on a tiny that is decidedly green. "Didja get pricked by a thorn? When you were infected?" You've heard that ultimately this was the cure. "What was it like, when you started gettin' better?"
so peel away the bark
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
It takes him a moment to think through the bog and muddiness his mind had become while infected with the blight. He can recall the big things that happened, the life altering, odd choices he’d succumbed to, and yet nothing seems to strike him when it came to being pricked by a thorn. As far as he was aware, he hadn’t. And so he shakes his head slightly, pausing in his own cleanup to regard the demi-god with a slight tilt to his head. “I can’t remember, but I don’t think I did.” He offers with a shrug, as good of an apology as he could manage.

But what was it like? It was terrible, it was losing control of yourself, of watching yourself do things without the ability to change it – it was like being imprisoned within your own mind. He grits his teeth slightly, gaze drifting from Kaimana to the rubble they’re cleaning up. “At first it felt like… A cold, a normal sickness. And then there were mood swings, and eventually…” He trails off, dark brows furrowing in thought before he looks back up to the demi god briefly. “Eventually I wasn’t in full control of my decisions. I was there in mind, but unable to stop certain things.
would we fly?
Scientist

Change author:
KAIMaNA
Disappointing as the revelation is, you don't let your expression fall too far. Instead you listen carefully to Sunjata's description. The initial stages being similar to viral illness is not surprising - many more severe reactions start in similar ways. Nodding along, you wait patiently when the tall man pauses, giving him time to recount his thoughts. The experience cannot have been an easy one - something you can appreciate, and feel empathetic toward.

Your voice is gentle when you finally speak again. "You don't gotta talk about it if you don't wanna." Personally you have very few things you would not like to talk about, but you know that those things- well, you don't wanna talk about them. "I don't wanna make you uncomfortable. The blight- it's real interestin' how it happened. What it did. I wish there were still samples of it we could look at."
so peel away the bark
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He’s somewhat surprised when Kaimana begins to hold a gentler tone to his voice, Sunjata’s steel gaze slipping over to the demi-gods with a quiet question. It’s true, he doesn’t have to… but at the same time did it really matter anymore? The person it had affected the most was dead. And Kai continues to explain about the blight, how interesting it had become, and he nods inhaling a bit deeper before shedding his jacket to reveal scars and tattoos.

It turned our blood black. One of the blighted bit me here.” He approaches Kaimana then, to show the bite mark that Phoebe had given him, how human and yet not human it had been. “We succumbed to basic needs at the worst of it, like a wild animal. Especially when the roses were involved.” He frowns lightly before a thought occurs to him. “Have you visited where Arduinna is in the Greatwood? It’s been said her body holds the blight within it and cured us and Safrin too.
would we fly?
Scientist

Change author:
KAIMaNA
You stand up on your toes as Sunjata comes closer, peering at the shoulder which in itself is nearly as high as your head. The bite mark is distinct, and perhaps would alarm someone else, but you just nod in thought. "Sick an' wounded animals attack everythin' to protect 'emselves- even things that would help 'em." that's what the blighted were, after all: sick. Hurting. Scared.

Falling back onto your heels, you turn your brown eyes back up to Sunjata. "I haven't! I oughta- will you show me sometime?"
so peel away the bark