Personal Quest Fun Home
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
kaimana
You're so caught up in your artistry that you don't notice how upset Oia is becoming, and that is a mistake. As one of the few people who can clearly read her moods (and as her brother and best friend and other half, somewhat literally), it is your responsibility to keep track of her energy. You just... really like painting, as it turns out.

But as you finish up and come back to the real world the end of your twin's protest reaches you, and oh no, you can feel it coming. Like your twin you live in absolute certainty as to how one reaches Mort and what should be done with bodies, but unlike her you are able to accept that people have feelings and opinions which defy fact.

Putting down your brush and wiping stray bits of pain onto your hands and arms and everywhere else. Your attention is focused entirely on your twin, and you barely glance at Loren and the Abasi as you reach out to grasp her hand, smiling warmly at your sister, her fingers squeezed reassuringly between yours.

"We're gonna go now," you announce unnecessarily, guiding your twin toward the door. As you usher her out you turn back to the other men, a bright and unapologetic grin on your face as you wave a warm goodbye. "You're welcome for the help!"

And then you're back in the open air, where mushrooms are allowed to live in peace and the air smells like dirt instead of paint and the sky goes up forever instead of just as high as whoever made the building thought appropriate, which is never high enough.
as the world comes to an end
i'll be there to hold your hand
'cus you're a queen and i'm a lionheart
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
As he felt the hands squeeze his shoulders, Loren smiled, looking back to give Abasi a grateful look. It was more physical contact than the summoner had been expecting from the undertaker, to be honest. At least in public. The Launceleyn let out a little huff of laughter at Abasi’s comment. It was a pretty good flirt, at least in Loren’s mind ”I’m looking forward to finding out where your hands wander.” His own voice came out in the barest of whispers as well.

Then they were all done painting—or writing, as the case might be—and the summoner leaned against the wall next to his crude drawing. The undertaker did his best to answer the questions from the daughter of Rae. However, she didn’t seem pleased with what she heard.

Taking a bit of pity on Abasi, the Launceleyn decided to see if he could appease Oia’i’o (or at least explain to her why people were the way they were). ”Sometimes people are irrational, especially when it comes to their death and their own mortality. Telling them the truth doesn’t change the way they think and feel. In fact, being lectured about truth and facts occasionally causes them to double down on their irrationality.” His voice came out soothingly, but also mostly matter-of-fact. If she was going to get this worked up every time someone believed in a falsehood she’d give herself a heart attack.

Then Kai was there, and he led the clearly distressed Oia’i’o out of the mortuary. Loren sighed,  and ran a nervous hand through his hair. The ‘you can stay’ was sorely tempting, but he gave the undertaker an apologetic smile. ”I should probably keep an eye on them, make sure they don’t run into trouble.” Or cause more trouble. It was a toss-up with those two. ”I can help you with the cremation and the plot, if it comes up. And renew the ice as needed.”

The summoner waved, then started to follow the twins out the door before halting and turning to give Abasi a hopeful and slightly heated look. ”I’ll come back once I’m sure they’re okay. I'd be happy to help you finish getting set up. And congratulations.” This time, the Launceleyn flashed the other man a brilliant smile before finally heading out.

But he’d be back soon enough.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!