all we've got is a dream
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
in the right heaven-yellow light, anything could be
holy enough to save you
Amalia’s sharp words rebound off of Rexanna, as she nods in understanding. “I was almost one of them until Bastien found me.” She had been, too, drank from by Lucas and left with barely a string attached to life, drained and drained. It was why she was so careful when she did drink, only from those willing to help, wanting it. It was the only way.

But she doesn’t expect her words to soften Amalia, nor does she expect the shield to open up so much — a frown finding her face as she nods yet again in understanding, that in the end they want the same, but Amalia moreso from being trapped behind the barrier for so long. A small amount of surprise leaves the Penumbra as Amalia grasps her hands, the stone within it, but Rexanna doesn’t react to taking the stone. She waits until Amalia is done, until the words have been said and the Shields hand leave her own with the stone.

She clutches it tightly before she looks up a bit more, aiming to try and give the girl the confidence she seems like she’s requesting. “I can try to, Amalia, but I can’t stop them.” She frowns. “But if there was a way, a way to prevent the spread of more blights and to learn more about it from my goddess, to protect life and open the portals safely with consideration, perhaps you and I can work together to give you the world?” She clutches the rock tighter, because in the end that’s all she wants.

A way to see the world, without destruction, without pain. And if nobody else is willing to approach the Voice who isn’t Ascended, well, she’s wanted to be a voice for both sides of her. The gods that had forsaken her, and the one that had made her bright.
REXANNA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
I belong to you the way the moon belongs to the stars
"I don't need to be given the world." Biting down suddenly on her lip, Amalia looks away. Long arms wrap around her narrow chest in a defensive posture Rexanna cannot see. The baker has always been one for body language, her heart worn on her face and sleeve; how little she thinks about the way her words must seem, with nothing but her tone of voice to lend them any expression. "I need to know the world will be protected. That the Voice isn't planning to hurt it more than she already has."

Sighing, the Shield scuffs her foot anxiously across the ground. "I would like to work together," Amalia admits, staring at the mud that sits beneath her feet. "But I don't know how possible that is. The Voice- she wants to open the portals. And the Old Gods have tasked us - me - with keeping her from doing so." They are, as she told Phoebe, soldiers in this war, and the sides they have chosen are diametrically opposed.
the stars in your eyes will bring me back
and once again, i will kiss the sky
Amalia
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
in the right heaven-yellow light, anything could be
holy enough to save you
That’s where Rexanna thinks differently. The Penumbra thinks that Amalia deserves the world. Deserves everything that the barrier had taken from her – the knowledge, the ability. The curiosity certainly had to be there, and if it wasn’t – why else would Amalia have braved the Greatwood after its fall? To be captured by the Fae? They were similar in that way – a constant question of what else is out there, and is this the best life I can have?

All she can over as she clutches the stone is a nod of her head, because Rexanna wants it to be safe and protected too. But she stills in her thoughts, stills as Amalia mentions that she wants to work together, but how impossible it is with the idea that the Old Gods have tasked them with protecting the portals. And Rexanna frowns to this, sticking the glowstone into a pocket before she stands to try and focus on Amalia the best she can. “I… I don’t know if you’ll be able to stop them from opening it.” She frowns. “The Mathair portal began opening with Zariah’s help and the Voice before we got there… I’m not sure if even us Ascended stopped, that it would.” A brief sigh, despite not needing to.

Whatever happens, Amalia, please be safe. I will do what I can to help.” Her voice wavers slightly, thinking of what life would be like without the Shield of Safrin, what Deimos would be like if he lost her, what Kiada would be like if she lost her. What a war the gods have started, with the gentlest of souls as their warriors.
REXANNA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
I belong to you the way the moon belongs to the stars
Frowning, Amalia shakes her head. "Maybe I can't. But I need to try." She does not explain why this is so: that the Old Gods gave her purpose when her life had none; that when she thought she was nothing Safrin helped her discover her worth. That they gave her a role, and a dream, and a title, and a new skin, and she owes them all she has and more. That all she wants - all she has ever wanted - is to be good, and this is the only way she knows how.

She wonders for a moment if Rexanna wouldn't understand a little of how that feels.

Reaching out with gentle hands, the girl takes the Ascended's arm, her fingers soft as they wrap around her wrist. The request for safety elicits a slight, surprised laugh, a genuine smile crossing her face as her cheeks color with bemused warmth. "You too. Stay safe. And..." She trails off, glancing away and nibbling on her lip.

With a sigh, Amalia shakes her head, pulling the woman along. "Never mind. Let's get back to the shop, and then... then you can get your vision back."

~fin
the stars in your eyes will bring me back
and once again, i will kiss the sky
Amalia