A Gentle Shroud
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The stars, the moon,
They have all been blown out
Abasi was surprised to see Remi mark the wall after all, having thought the man would continue to refuse to contribute; it seemed he was unsure about what would happen after his death. Many were, this was not unusual. Abasi himself would only say he was mostly certain and now that he was in Caido, the things he had thought were definite were more of a wish.

The charcoal that was created did not surprise him too much, for he had his own creation magic, but he still smiled to see it. Had such things been so easily possible in his own world, he could have been a very powerful man with only a few quick spells.

"You have a choice." He repeated from Remi's writings, tilting his head. "May I ask what it is you mean?" Whatever it was, he would not remove it, no matter if he thought personally the explanation was lacking. If it was a comfort to Remi it could well be a comfort to someone else, which was the point.
No dawn, no day
I'm always in this twilight
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i've hidden all my fears in a book for only my eyes to see
With a boyish and abashed smile, Remi ran a hand through his curls as he looked at the other man. “When I first came here, when I was cursed by Ludo, the god said something that has always stayed with me. It said that we always have a choice. To kill, to choose one thing over another, to come back to life…” His words held a weightiness that the undertaker would likely not understand, but that was fine. “And it has been far more comforting the more life I live here. That no matter how many times I am told that I must do something because someone—or some god—wills it, that I don’t. I can choose pain. Can choose death. I suppose I think it is a nice reminder that in death too, there is likely still choice.”

Not one to wax philosophical, Remi flashed Abasi an awkward smile before glancing back at what he’d written, wrinkling his nose slightly.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The stars, the moon,
They have all been blown out
Abasi listened to what Remi had to say, though he frowned through it, confused about how it could be comforting. Of course you could choose death, choose pain - but why would you? Was that not what all men wanted to avoid? To be forced into a position where death was a choice was not a welcoming alternative, it was the final depressing moments of a life turned out of your control.

But Remi seemed to like it, so he held his tongue. As much as it did not make sense to Abasi, there was a chance it would bring peace to someone else visiting the mortuary. "I see. Well...thank you. For your contribution."

With that said he shuffled awkwardly from foot to foot. "...If...you need anyone buried or cremated, I hope you might consider me."
No dawn, no day
I'm always in this twilight
ABASI
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i've hidden all my fears in a book for only my eyes to see
What was likely meant just to be an off-hand remark, the sort of thing Remi himself might say in terms of his trade ("well, if you need anything made, let me know!"), the alchemist found himself starting at the words. Turning a surprising sea-green stare towards the former-Egyptian, Remi swallowed hastily. Those he had buried...Vanya, Emmett, Skyler...he'd not entrust their bodies to anyone else, but for varying reasons. Clearing his throat to try and dispel the awkward silence, Remi nodding quickly as if to make up for his lack of immediate agreement. "Mmmm, I will do that. Thank you."

Dusting his hands off and giving the wall a final and fleeting smile, Remi glanced back towards the way the two had come in. "Well, I should not take up any more of your time. Thank you for showing me this place, and allowing me to contribute."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.