every siren's symphony
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HARPER
Harper clutches a hand dramatically at his chest, gasping aloud and pulling a heartbroken face. "You wound me! I share my deepest insecurity and you taunt me. You'll have to kiss it better." Here he winks, foxlike eyes sly and bright with amusement. Slows his ambling pace to better stay at her side, adjusting for her shorter stride. Auni, unaffected by their teasing and taunting, skips ahead through fresh blooms and young grass, and Harper watches him go, envious of his freedom and joy. He has not had time to absorb the world around him, to come to terms with the fact that he has been torn away from everything he has ever known. It was what led him here in the first place. Though those thoughts still haunt him, still weigh on his shoulders, Kiada is a whisp of light that he happily follows out of the dark. Enjoying the distraction, the chance to indulge in the joy he seeks out of life, if only to even the scales. He has suffered enough to warrant his stubborn playfulness.

She is as sharp and quick as he is, and her flirtations feel like vines that wrap around him and lure him into her web. Far more sure of herself than any other girl he has showered attention upon. A fitting challenger, perhaps even superior to him in her intricate plots. It's a loss he's happy to take, if so.

"We could practice now, if you'd be so inclined." There is no music, but they don't need any. Not to aid them in this amusing game they have going. An excuse to get closer, to tighten the noise, and his blood sings and his heart skips as he realizes he is already in over his head. A romantic more than a Romeo. But whatever she wants of him, he'll give what he can. Pleasure is just another form of happiness, and though he guards his heart more than his hands, he's happy to let her life him in.

Her steps pause, as does his own, and his smile slowly fades. Turns to gaze upon her with blue eyes that suddenly show exactly how much he has seen. Parting the curtain so the darker parts of each of them can view one another. Find a kinship there. Harper's hands come up to trace a particularly deep scar on his wrist as he gazes down at her, a monolith draped in distracting pursuits of kindness and peace. "Can I not be both?" An indirect answer. "Justice is a subjective word. But you can call me a seeker if you'd like." Many disagreed with his vigilante lifestyle, those who preferred order and law, even when those laws repeatedly fail beneath the weight of corruption. His brand of justice is perhaps darker, but he has a feeling Kiada will not judge him for that.

Table Code by Sky!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
it's 2am and i took 17 shots of vodka trying to forget your name
but the only name i forgot was mine. and sober —
She can’t help the curl of her lips as he turns dramatic at the toss of a hat. A charmer, that’s for sure. And in his heartbroken face, she can’t help but to laugh softly, breathy, before he winks to her and she rolls her shoulders in a nonchalant shrug. “I don’t have to do anything.” She teases him back, giving him a wink in response. She doesn’t have to do anything at all, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t entertain the idea in her mind, shrugging it off for later as Auni plows a path ahead, pausing when Harper mentions they could practice now.

Her steps pause again, and she turns to focus on him briefly, eyes sharpening as feathers sprout along her neck again, small puffs of white and black hidden haphazardly behind a scarf. “It certainly can’t hurt.” She says, tilting her head with a fiery smile to her lips. What harm was there in a dance? Absolutely none – despite the fact she barely even danced to begin with. She wasn’t like her mother who had learned how to dance for ballrooms and people.

She doesn’t really know where to start. But she’ll let him take the lead when he’s ready.

Still, she sees his smile fade and she wonders what she’s said that offended him some – but his eyes meet hers, shadowed and haunted, and her own icy eyes once held high with brightness and sharpness shutter slightly at the sight. And when he goes to rub against once of his own scars, she resists the urge to reach for her neck, for her spine, for hands that are flecked with scars, too. And a light frown reaches her face briefly before he offers an answer.

Both is acceptable.” She tells him, a slight break to her frown with the edging of a smile. “I can’t say I’m not a seeker myself.” Except her choices had been terrible, bad, full of dread and wounds that time couldn’t even heal. She was doing better here, somewhat. The lines blurred together at the end of the day. She finds that she doesn’t really know if she’s better than she was at the start, or painfully, terribly, the same.
— or drunk, you're the only thing on my mind
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
HARPER
Her wink only returns his bright grin to his face, dramatics successful in bringing a smile to her face. Making a fool of himself is of no consequence if it means he can lighten her heart. "Well I can't rightly kiss my own wounds now can I? Come now Kiada, take responsibility for the injury you've caused!" He blows her a kiss, wondering already what her response will be. She's a little spitfire, and she could surely put him in his place if need be. He can't help but be a little attracted to it. He's always had a thing for women who can kick his ass though.

So attuned to her strides, he pauses when she does, turning to regard her as she considers his words. He doesn't push, content to wait for her decision, though his smile is dazzling when she concedes to a dance. "So long as we don't step on each other's feet, no," he chuckles softly, approaching her and gently taking one of her hands in his, raising it and settling his other appropriately high on her waist. She's not much shorter, but he tips his head downward to meet her eyes. "Just follow me." And he begins to away, keeping it simple for now until they figure each other out. Content to merely hold her in his arms, spin them in slow circles around the lake. A drastic improvement on his day already.

He hopes to melt the ice that clings to them both, releases her waist to push her gently underneath his arm in a loose spin. "No talk of justice when dancing, or I'll think you're not interested in me." Blue eyes flash with mischief, intent on keeping her out that headspace as much as himself.

Table Code by Sky!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Her gaze lingers on him briefly after she winks, the smile crossing her face briefly before she shakes her head to him. How can he kiss his own wounds? She knows what he’s trying to do, and she watches in quiet surprise as he blows her a kiss. So it’s like that, then, huh? She feels the corner of her lip rise in a slight smirk as she shakes her head again. “Well, Harper, that entirely depends on where the wounds are.” She retorts. A wound on a hand, easily kissable.

A wound on his lips? Well, that’s another story.

He pauses when she does, next, at her quiet admission of accepting to deign to dance with him. Certainly one dance couldn’t hurt, right? So she concedes, hearing his chuckle and stilling as he approaches her, not used to having people who weren’t family so close to her. She can’t help but to duck her head slightly, a certain part of her primal and quiet in response to a stranger being near, a casual covering of angling her head to cover her throat – as though she doesn’t trust him just yet.

She looks up to him beneath her lashes, a soft smile crossing her face as her calloused hand meets his own, as his other hand settles high on her waist, and she places her own hand along his shoulder. He isn’t too much taller than she is, but she makes it a point to keep a certain space between them – a deeper part of her afraid to get closer. She follows him, still, light on her feet, a gift from her mother. They take slow spins, and she isn’t too terrible at it, having only misstepped a couple of times in the long run.

His hand moves from her waist, and her eyes drift to meet his own blues in a quiet question before he begins to spin her and she understands, twisting on one leg to follow through with the spin and letting him lead. His comment, however, as she returns to face him is met with a quiet smirk. “Seems like you’re bringing it up.” She retorts, a slight avian tilt of her head. But the way he speaks to her, it brings up some anxieties within, the gentle splattering of feathers peaking along her neck again.

He wasn’t as forthcoming as Ezra had been, but Ezra had also been a one night stand. Ru’in, well, that was a whole other story. They hadn’t done anything together before. She didn’t know how to interpret it.
KIADA
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Surprise doesn't linger long on her fair features, superseded by a smirk that only further entices his flirtation and foolishness. "Would you deign to kiss my cheek, oh fair lady?" A tease, a temptation, though even in his humor he asks. Clarifies. Ensures her consent with each movement and touch, unbothered by any rejection of advances she may level his way. They are merely two bored, lonely people, seeking fun and company beside the lake.

In this way he treats her gently, though he's sure she's powerful in her own right. His hands guide but do not wander, keeping pace and rhythm and smiling beatifically down as she peers up at him. Pleased as punch that she is going along with his fanciful, off-the-cuff plan. Even as she spins, feathers peeking enticingly from her collar as she calls him out on his smoke and mirrors. His smile turns a tad sheepish, even as he continues guiding them in slow, easy circles around the lakeside. "You've got me there. Care to tell me about your beautiful feathers instead?" Harper has no idea what is and isn't insensitive about inquiring about someone's race in Caido, but they truly are adorable, even from the tiny tips he can see past her collar.

Table Code by Sky!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
Would you deign to kiss my cheek, oh fair lady?” He asks her and she gives him a rogue look, a gleam to her eye that seems to suggest that it was probably one of the best answers he could have given. But that didn’t mean she’d give in so easily. An easy smirk crosses her face at that, returning to that shielded person if only briefly, fluttering her lashes up to him as they dance around the side of the lake. “What’s in it for me?” She teases him easily, channeling that inner version of her mother, that inner Hotaru at playing coy.

But he spins her, and she teases him again, mentioning that he’s brought it up, and her anxieties swirl within her in a cascade of feathers that dance along her neck, pale in nature with dark tips that almost look like arrowheads. And he asks about them, not to much of Kiada’s surprise. It’s a way of absolutely determining her emotions, as much as she hates it. She feels like she did back on Helovia, when the flame that ignited from her spine would give away her feelings, and how she had tried so hard to hide them away, to pretend as though she could control it when she couldn’t. She’d never managed to gather that much control over herself.

She returns to his arms, following his lead as she tilts her head up to him with a playful smile. “I’m Attuned.” She answers simply at first, before realizing that he’s new and he might not know what it means. “I can shift into a vulture or a caracal.” An explanation. She’s a shapeshifter, and sometimes the two of them cross a bit. But for extra reference, the feathers soon disappear as she gathers her emotions in check, partially shifting her teeth as she smiles to him, replacing her canines with sharper, elongated versions of her caracal shift, dark ears sprouting from her own, tufted and black and pointed, before it disappears and the feathers return.
KIADA