A drop in the bucket
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Sam's relationship with Wessex was largely uncertain to Jigano. Once, he would have doubted they would have had much common cause, but now it felt like religion had brought them together, even as it was tearing the bard and the bookmaker apart. It wasn't fair, but he'd long since given up on the world being 'fair' - not his own, and not this new one, either. He could only nod at Sam's undertain acceptance of his words and offer a small smile to his old friend. "Hey, if she tries to bully or threaten you into doing something you don't want to, I'll help you. I... I can't promise I'll be there to protect you always," he admitted reluctantly, a catch of remembered pain from his time in Safrin's realm in his voice, "but if you can make it back to me, I'll shield you from her."

He knew his words were not the simple black-and-white, yes-or-no that Sam wanted, but they didn't live in a black and white world. Things were complex, nuanced, full of shades of grey. He was just glad that his friend was willing to accept them for the moment, and he hoped they wouldn't be put to the test the hard way. He stuck the cork in the bottle to seal it, rising with his friend. "No," he said quietly to Sam's question. "But since I can't snap my fingers and turn back the clock to change our pasts and smooth the course between us, it is enough for today. Thank you, Sam. I hope you're able to get your hand fixed soon." No promises had been extracted for the bookmaker to not use his fixed hand to hurt non-Ascended, Jigano thought with dark humor. In spite of the help the bard had given him in fulfilling his quest. But perhaps that was the difference between them. It was enough for now that they could still help each other out. "As you're wandering about in Halo, do you think you could make maps and keep a journal for the guild of what you find? This is still your home, if you want it to be."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam smiled at Jigano's promise, even after their argument, but he actually knew despite his fears it likely wasn't actually needed. "Thank you, but...a while ago Wessex actually pulled out a knife to threaten me with and I stood up to her. I think...I might be alright." It had been terrifying, but he'd survived. Even if he couldn't fight, he had his barrier, which would still hold her back at least for a while.

He supposed this was not all that either of them needed, it was true enough, but he couldn't give Jigano what he wanted. At least he could keep the promise the bard asked of him as he stood up to leave. "I was going to anyway. I'll bring back anything I make for the guild, of course - I want everyone, all of us, to benefit from exploring the new space available to us."

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
A silver brow arched, Jigano's expression tightening at hearing that Wessex had threatened Sam, but hearing that the bookmaker had stood up to her eased the tension, replacing it with surprise mixed with a little pleasure. "I'm not happy to hear that she threatened you... but I am glad to hear that you feel more confident in standing up to yourself." To others besides the bard, he tactfully didn't add, giving his friend a wry smile.

Neither of them could give or be all that the other man wanted, unfortunately. That was the price of playing the games of gods, but Jigano didn't want to let it destroy the core of what they had built up before Voices and Guardians and assassins in the dark. He held out his hand to give Sam's hand a gentle but firm shake now that the damage was healed, nodding at the promise. "Excellent. I'm sure other Loreseekers will be heading that way, too, before long, so the more we can gather and crosscheck the better we'll be prepared to offer guidance and information to others. Sam... take care of yourself out there." He could at least wish him well in his guild duties without feeling the pangs of a torn conscience, and he put feeling into the words before they went their separate ways once more.

{Finished}