{SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open]
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
try to be living as your vice
and can you be my type?
A short bark of laughter leaves Peter, a stark comparison to the rather subtle feline rumble that comes from Sunjata. It’s a sound of understanding, more than anything. I am... was? Am uh... not very good at it either, but I... I think the other way. There was an attempt to get the words out casually, but Peter hadn’t had the practice in regulating his internal voice yet. There was a shame in the words, not only because he was comparing himself to Sunjata, and the man sounded like he had never yielded to a thing unless it beat him over the head and forced him, but the admission itself. It was strange how saying something out loud (relatively) made it more real, made it hurt all over again with an intensity he hadn’t felt the first time.

There is also a part of him that feels bad for taking a scrap of laughter and twisting it into darkness again, but that just seems to be his lot in life. Wrong place, wrong time. So he tries to make it better, to patch a bandaid on the mood. Theres never a better time... better place to learn, right?

At the comment that they don’t know each other well, Peter pauses, and considers the words. At least it stops the not-tears feeling, of only because of the confusion. You... I am not very good at talking. Not about just... just moral things. I am much, much worse at talking about... me. I’ve never told anyone, not even me, for real, about... my life. Never... never gave it words. He fixes the panther with a very serious look, trying to radiate honesty. I think you know me as... as good as anyone else. Maybe better. It another strange admission, another one that doesn’t sit quite right, making Peter shift like he’s searching for a comfortable spot in the sucking mud.

Even people... the person from before, who knows... knew me all the way through, they... she doesn’t know everything. Peter has to force himself to be more specific, to share just a sober more, to grow more comfortable with the action, with a person he trusts with most of what he could reveal. Just before this conversation, he didn’t see himself getting along with the Sunjata, not that he really thought he’d get along with anyone, but the attuned seemed... put together. Aware of things, of his own life, not like he was simply holding on to some out of control beast. And I never told her. She just knew. So it.. it’s worth enough, coming from you. There is more he could reveal, more reasons sharing is so difficult. The deep rooted fear of intimacy, the feeling of shame, or something close to it, that rose up in his throat every time he said something from his past, but he doesn’t want to burden Sunjata. At least, not all in one go. Maybe one day, if when they get closer.

Amusement finally manages to trickle over Peter, a peal of silent giggles ringing out, while a soft huff left his muzzle. I hope you get the chance. Or... something just as satisfying. Honestly, he isn’t if anything could be quite as cathartic as finally being able to strike back at your tormentor, gods know he’s dreamed of it, but he wishes well nonetheless. Maybe Sunjata will get lucky.

Peter averts his gaze as the panther turns to him, almost like he’s afraid to be caught looking. I understand. The uh, the not knowing. Things were... simpler that way. With a goal. People with plans, and ideas. He certainly has no real ideas for himself, is just sort of skipping along life in Caido, grasping at moments in hopes of plucking meaning from them. Par for the course is... it’s better than bad. It’s... could be worse. And... I think maybe that’s just normal. I... i never thought I’d have a chance for normal. Then he laughs again. Normal for here,
I mean. But that’s still a type of normal. Right?
cause we need to be given a good life
and can I be your type of metal?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't be scared
you're like the calmest slit to my neck
He doesn’t mind the way that Peter might stumble here and there. Sunjata had been attuned just a bit longer, had gotten used to letting things spill, holding things back – but there are times like this adventure here where the lines become blurry and it becomes restlessly harder and harder to keep his own emotions at bay the longer he thinks of home, the longer his claws itch to tear down his father – and ah the sight of that. He had been born, trained to be a soldier, trained to fight and kill and ruthlessly murder.

His father knew not of the goddess blessed beast that roamed beneath his skin. If only he could see that.

But compromise was one thing the two men here could try and figure out, and he offers a slight nod to that, hearing the bright laughter before the mood grows somewhat sour. He doesn’t mind this either. Instead, he offers a pulse of friendship toward the hyena with another sober nod. Got plenty of life ahead of me, I think. Might as well. He rumbles to the hyena with amusement, before Sunjata’s ears waver with uncertainty – at the comment of how well they knew each other. It was neither of their faults, in the end.

They simply hadn’t had a chance to get to know one another outside of the walls of the Guild, and even during those times him and Adam had a tendency of knocking heads – though the other man was similar to a brother of sorts. He trusted Adam well enough. So he offers another pulse of understanding to Peter with a small snort. Me neither. I could hardly explain it to Phoebe when I was with her, before Lusea came back. The thought of home, of her, hurt too much to bring up before. He offers, as though it might help somehow.

But there’s a part of him that’s almost sad at the fact that he knows the hyena better than anyone else, and he aims to bump his muddy head back into the hyena’s shoulder. I’m honored. If it makes you feel better, you know more about my history than most others too. People knew bits and pieces here and there, but… When it came to the things he had to do, nobody understood it quite like Peter had. The choice in split seconds between life and death. It was… Relieving, terrifying, sad, but a weight had been lifted.

The fact that Peter didn’t view him as some sort of monster inspired some amount of hope in the end, despite the killing spree he’d done upon his leaving Korofi to Dorobo.

I’m glad you told me, really. This has been… Helpful. Therapeutic, nice, things that Sunjata hadn’t gotten in a while, hadn’t felt in a while. But at the mention of his father and killing him inspires the amusement and giggles from Peter, Sunjata gives the other man a feline smirk. I think there’s gotta be some satisfaction in a grand, dramatic ‘fuck you’ in proving that nobody can control me anymore. There’s almost a sigh of nostalgia that goes along with it before he shakes his head.

As he looks to Peter and the hyena averts his gaze, Sunjata casually looks slightly away from the man to give him some comfort. It could definitely be worse. Could be dead. He rumbles, though despite the sorrow of the topic, of Lusea swimming through him, he at least can find amusement in this. That despite it all, he’s survived, somehow, as always. Now whether that was a curse or not, he wasn’t sure. All he knew is that he still drew air into his lungs, still had something to fight for – he just didn’t know what it was yet.

There’s a chuckle sent Peter’s way at the comment of normal. Let’s call it ‘Caido Normal’ seeing as this place is… for lack of better words, fucking weird. A feline grin is shot Peter’s way.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
try to be living as your vice
and can you be my type?
Peter is glad that his words have reached the other man, even if it’s only in some small way. Even if they only serve as a small comfort and not as any actual advice. Sometimes all you need is a kind word and well intentioned advice, even for people who had lived such brutal lives as them.

It did being a small amount of comfort to know that his (over)sharing hadn’t been one sided. Hadn’t been a burden, really. He leans back in to press his muzzle against the panthers shoulder, a warm fuzzy feeling flowing off of him towards Sunjata. This has been nice. Much better than he ever expected from his first, brief meeting with the guild leader.

With a renewed brightness in his thoughts, Peter perked up, nosing at the panthers war playfully. Can Caido normal include a race? I haven’t.... really gotten to test my legs yet. He was on his feet, front paws dancing in quiet excitement. Regardless of what Sunjata decided, Peter was going to keep running through the mud.

~Done
cause we need to be given a good life
and can I be your type of metal?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!