{SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open]
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
try to be living as your vice
and can you be my type?
Peter was running. He had been running for a while, not long enough to actually get anywhere, not even with the goal of going anywhere. Just to go, to stretch out his new legs, his new form. There had been stumbles, of course, four legs were different than two, and he had never had this much power. Even the mud couldn't stop him, barely slowed his legs.

The sun had started to dip in the sky by the time he grew tired, by the time his wild exuberance faded, and Peter slowed, not stopping, not fully. He flopped onto his side, the mud feeling strange, and wonderful, through his fur, his legs still moving to pus him easily through the slick mess covering the ground. He rolled over, coating himself, and then paused, panting and looking around.

Things looked different through his new eyes, but not only that. There were smells, and sounds, things he would never have noticed before, and Peter wanted to drink it all in, find every new thing he could and revel in it.
cause we need to be given a good life
and can I be your type of metal?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't be scared
you're like the calmest slit to my neck
It’s getting dark, and Sunjata has no real plans for the day aside from seeing what his panther eyes will let him see the darker it gets. Haai is beginning to practice her flying, and so he lets her take the lead, following the pale white strips along her wings as she darts toward where he had found her not so long ago. Perhaps she’s nostalgic? Perhaps she just wants to get him to be more active? The amusement between the bond is as much of an answer as he’ll get.

And so, on wide black paws, he follows his companion like a shadow — fur blending in with the darkening surroundings until the griffin stops near some movement in the mud further away. Sunjata approaches carefully, crouched, ready to pounce if it’s some kind of monster wanting to attack his newfound soul bonded. Ears flat against his skull, he focuses on the creature beyond the stalks of grasses that have sprouted.

When he realizes with his better sight that it’s a Hyena? Hes never seen one within the Hollowed Grounds before, but they had them back home. And his head tilts, wondering if it’s another person like him, as he begins to creep forward, head tall and eyes wide in his surprise. Hello? He rumbles mentally, uncertain if he’ll even gather a response.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
and can you be my type?
Peter isn’t exactly sure wheat it is that catches his eyes, a flicker of movement on the horizon, or maybe a flash of dark against the moonrise, but there is something that makes him pause, and lower his body deeper into the mud. He can’t hear anything, can’t smell anything (maybe rolling in the mud had been a bad idea) but his eyes are peeled looking for- there!

Ears perk up, swivelling towards the dark shape when a voice sounds in his head, clear as his own thoughts, but also clearly not his. He stays low for a moment, gauging the threat, then sits up, pushing himself up out of the mud. Hello? He calls back, a little uncertainly. Who is that-are you? The words overlap in his head, his thoughts moving and changing too quickly.
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
don't be scared
Sunjata crouches slightly when the hyena stands, despite knowing that the weight and height of the panther in comparison is a unique boon should the creature attack. But he passes off his mental hello, fully expecting nothing in return, until a bit unsteadily there’s something across that bond he had learned of with Remi. The voice sounds familiar, despite having only heard one statement made from the other man, but he’s intrigued.

He hops out of his hiding spot to approach Peter, tail sweeping along the mud as he tilts his head to the mud covered hyena. I’m Sunjata…? He pauses briefly, cocking his head as he inspects the hyena. Then the name hits, and amusement slides down the bond toward the other man. Amusement and surprise. Pet? He finally says after a moment, having not learned Peter’s full name, only that which Adam had given. A purr erupts from his throat as he focuses his attention to the hyena’s face. Holy shit, man.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
The thing that he’d seen turned out to be a big cat, slinking out of some hidden alcove and coming closer. Peter stays still, head low, the mane along his back trying to puff up despite the mud matting it down. It’s more instinct than deliberate intimidation, but it’s there nonetheless.

Sunjata? The name is repeated as if that will help him remember why it’s familiar. And maybe it does, or maybe it’s the sudden recognition the other attuned has, the nickname getting everything to slot in place. All of his body language changes in an instant, and he surges forward, bumping his head against the big cats chest in an excited greeting that is entirely at odds with their last meeting.

Peter, please, Pet is... The thought isn’t finished with words, but rather a feeling of deep discomfort. He steps back again, looking over the big cat, and the muddy spot he’d left behind. Didn’t know you were this!
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
His name is repeated, and Sunjata’s head tilts once more, ears perked forward as he stands still like a pillar. He wonders if maybe mentioning Ezra’s nickname might spark more of a memory, Sunbeam having been one of his favorite nicknames yet, but it’s lost on him as Peter recognizes him. A rumble of a chuckle is sent down the bond as Peter surges forward, muddy head splattering his dark fur, matting a spot dead center in his faintly spotted chest.

A slight head nuzzle is given back, streaking the side of his cheek with more of the mud as Peter settles and the panther settles back on his haunches, a quite feline grin crossing his face. Peter. Noted. He had thought the name Pet had been strange to begin with, but it’s good to know that it’s akin to when Lusea calls him Sunny. They it’s not really all that different in the end.

His tail flicks along the mud as his steel eyes focus on the hyena, mentioning he didn’t know he was this, and Sunjata steps forward toward Peter, flopping onto his side to playfully bat at the hyena with a pawful of mud. It’s new. I can be a bird too. Safrin made me into this. He informs with a rumble of that very same amusement. What about you? I didn’t know you were this, too.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
Peter resisted the urge to nod, a wordless thanks seeping through their connection instead. He wasn’t entirely sure how it worked (maybe he should have paused to ask more some questions) but he found he appreciated the ability to speak with more than words.

There was a moment where he worried he’d been too forward, and had somehow overstepped. After all, he barely knew Sunjata, save for that one, less than successful meeting with the Advocates. His worries were put to rest when the great cat nudged against him, and leans in to play. He shakes, flinging mud everywhere with a bright mental laugh.

S’new for me too! And Safrin too! He explains (exclaims), sinking down into the mud to be face to face with Sunjata. Im just this (dunno what this is) though! Again, his thoughts overlapped, moving too quickly. A bird? Black bird? White wings?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
A purr of amusement leaves Sunjata’s throat as he lifts a paw to try and avoid Peter’s spray of mud as he shakes. It does little, and he finds himself rolling in more of it as Peter meets him face to face, steel eyes focusing on the hyena’s face. Interesting! He rumbles through the bond, a feline grin crossing his face as he focuses on the thoughts surrounding it. You’re a hyena. They roamed a lot back where I’m from. He offers the information easily – after all, Peter was a Devil’s Advocate, and it did little use to him to avoid helping the striped hyena out.

Oh, it’s a macaw of some sort. So saying, he sits up in the mud and reaches for the avian part of him, warping and shifting where the large cat becomes a rather small, vibrant blue bird, wings coated in mud that spread wide for Peter to see. Safrin kissed me and reached into my chest, and suddenly I was this! He offers with more amusement, more entertainment before he cocks his head again. How’d you get it?
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
Hyena? Peter repeats, trying the name on for size. He likes it, likes the way it flows, and that’s made clear by the bark of laughter, both out loud and through their connection. Its strong-fast. Then, he cocks his head to the side, and asks a question he hasn’t asked anyone yet (mostly because he’d never had to, people tended to be fairly forthcoming). Whats it like where you’re from?

Macaw meant nothing to him, but he was immediately entranced by the bright blue bird, crawling forward in the mud to nose at the spread wings. He wasn’t entirely sure how their silent communication worked, but he hoped his immediate thought of Pretty. wasn’t shared. Sunjata’s experience sounded a fair bit more peaceful than his own though. I was put into a mini ocean-tear? And was drowning. But I escaped, and when I did, I was this.
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
A feline nod is given as Peter repeats the term, the creature he’s become. It is. They usually have packs of multiples of ‘em. He rumbles through the bond, retaining some of that amusement still before his next question kind of catches him off guard, and a mud coated ear flicks slightly with the thought. Rough. Lots of floods, lots of rebellion, shit monarchies. He offers simply, unable to really say more on it until he knew Peter better. What about your world? He asks before the conversation shifts.

And then, he’s a bird, blue and vibrant despite the mud, and a chuckle is sent Peter’s way as he calls him pretty – some of his chest feathers preening at the thought. The feathers don’t last long, however, as he shifts back into his panther form and continues to lounge in the mudbath of sorts. Oh that’s… A lot more intense than mine. He says, silver eyes finding Peter’s face once more before he focuses on the hyena a bit more. Was it Safrin, too? Or one of the other gods? Because he knew nothing really about Ludo, and from his one encounter with Frey he didn’t know if it was really something they’d do.

He’s a bit at a loss.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
Peter shifts, folding his paws in front of him and resting his chin on his forearms, ears perked up in quiet interest. In fact, he was every bit the picture of quiet interest, like a child waiting for some distant relative to tell a story. Though what he gets isn't really a story, just a short description, barely enough for a mental picture before the question is turned back on him. And really, he should have expected it, but somehow it's still surprising enough that he goes quiet for a moment, trying to condense things the same way Sunjata had. Dry, and rough, and hot. I spent lots of time in deserts, then lots of time in a city. And... I think there was rebellion.

It seems his thoughts weren't quite so private as he'd hoped, but at least Peter was spared from the embarrassment of having to deal with it, the other man shifting away from his feathered form and back into the big cat. Intense? He seemed to consider that, but the panic of the moment before shifting had been all but blocked out by the elation of what had come after. And he didn't want to focus too much on it again.

Something in the others gaze changes, becomes more intense, and Peter shifts back, his head rising up again and his ears swiveling. It was Safrin. I... was too afraid to ask Frey, after... and I heard she was nicer. And she was!
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
The hyena tells him about his own world, and Sunjata listens diligently, seeing where the lines were drawn together, and an unknown pulse of anxiety is sent toward Peter despite the nod that he gives the other man. You mentioned before that you were shot? A brief pause, a sort of kinship that Sunjata held with Peter since he mentioned it in the last Advocates meeting. There were lots of guns back in my world, too. Perhaps Peter deserved more of an answer – but Sunjata’s uncertain of Peter just enough that he’s not quite ready to mention the details.

Perhaps soon enough, though, once some of the anxiety leaves.

As he shifts back into his panther form, he listens to Peter’s consideration. Sunjata hadn’t nearly drowned, hadn’t been tested in any way. She had simply kissed him, reached into him, and entirely changed his life. Nothing surrounded them aside from the pitch dark of night, but it wasn’t frightening. It was beautiful, wonderful, incredible.

He mentions it was Safrin though, and his ears flicker slightly with his surprise. Despite nearly drowning Peter, he mentions that she was nicer and he tilts his head curiously at that. I’ve met both, they seemed to like me well enough I think. He offers thoughtfully before giving him a feline smile. Safrin’s still probably my favorite though. After all, he had gotten to kiss her.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
Peter Pikely

Change author:
and can you be my type?
Apparently, his loose description was enough to keep the panthers interest, enough to spark a shiver of anxiety, or something that felt an awful lot like that. Sunjata didn't ask him to clarify anything though, just moved on, asking after something he'd said offhandedly. It was Peter's turn to send a pulse of anxiety through their bond, then mention of guns clearly sparking something. I was yes. More than once. It brought to mind a terrible question, one that was going to nag at him. Were his scars still on this body now, hidden under fur? Did that make them better? Peter snorts, and paws at his face, a gesture that would have been nail biting in a different shape. There wasn't lots, I was just in the way of them lots.

It was obvious he wasn't a fan of this particular branch of their conversation, not only by his strained mental voice, but also by the way his ears laid low, almost flat against his head. Peter tried to turn it back around, to get attention off him. What kind of rebellion was there? Maybe it's pressing his luck, but the worst that might happen is the end of the conversation, or at least this thread of it.

I think Safrin, and Frey, were less than fond hated me of me, my kind, before this. I had to... He tried to remember her exact wording, what she had needed of him, but couldn't recall any actual words, just the feeling, which he sent through towards the panther. The expectation, the quiet disinterest in whether he passed or failed his trial. She was happy when I came out like this. I was too. His ears perk up again, a trill of happiness running through him. This really was a roller coaster of a conversation, but it was fun still, to be able to 'talk' so easily, so freely.
PETER
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
don't be scared
Ears flicker and waver unsteadily at Peter’s admission to being shot multiple times, and he heaves a very feline sigh with that. At the mention of there not really being a lot, but that he was always in the wrong place at the wrong time seemed quite familiar in a way that Sunjata aims to bump his furry, mudcoated head against the hyena’s in a kinship. And perhaps… Perhaps Peter deserves a bit more of an explanation than he had originally given.

The man seems quiet enough he won’t go blabbing – despite Sunjata’s uncanny ability to blab to people when drunk or blighted. But that’s beside the point.

We tried to take down the monarchy. He offers at first, settling in the mud further, black fur matting to his sides. We did a pretty good job at first until Lusea and I were caught. Caught, captured, tortured, her death. Wasn’t a good time, really, but in the aftermath he hopes his fathers home burned to the ground.

Mentioning Safrin and Frey again, he bobs his head as he listens, ears flicking forward in his quiet curiosity once more. And without the words, the feeling that Peter pulses toward him, he understands. Part of it reminds him of when he joined the rebellion, the disinterest of succeeding or failing. It made it far more personal that way, like they had something to prove.

It seemed they both did.

Ah, good. I’m glad. He offers back, sending along a feeling of affection toward the other man. A kinship, a brotherhood sort of feeling.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA