(SE) paying my dues
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
One thing Sunjata realizes very quickly is that he’s tired of Haai and her wish to explore literally everything and his inability to stop her. Mainly because she’s small, he’s forced to follow her to ensure she doesn’t just get trapped somewhere and lost.

This time, he’s coming back from the market with some flowers in the hopes of planting them somewhere, still undecided as they walk back toward Lucas’ home still being renovated to the new bar before Haai departs his side and darts toward a place Sunjata knows to be quite familiar.

Huffing a sigh of annoyance, he follows the canine-magpie griffin toward the entrance of the college as she slips through an open door, chasing after something decidedly pink. All he wants to do is catch her and leave, continue on about his day — but she doesn’t seem to share any of those same thoughts.
if i let go, would you hold on?
would we fly?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
The decidedly pink thing that the baby griffin was chasing was none other than Pim himself. The dragonling was actually being helpful today, pulling around carts of supplies while Phoebe re-planted her medical garden. She had very big plans for it this year as well. New flowerbeds had been cleared out and fenced off. The straw and moss from LongNight was already out, laying in the tilled beds to add fertilizer as it decomposed. Phoebe herself, who had been working since near dawn, was covered in dirt, her traditional dress and apron traded out for leggings, boots, and an overlong tunic - her hair braided intricately into a crown.

Fortunately, Pim's natural instinct kicked in, and he saw the griffinling just before she pounced. The dragon stood his ground, stamping his foot and roaring loudly, fangs gnashing, and sparks of rainbow lightning crackling around his jaw. Who the fuzzy-feathery hell had so boldly sprinted into his territory? "Pim?" Phoebe said, poking up from her work.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Haai has found the very pink thing, and while she hovers above Pim where the sparks lift from his maw, Haai’s own begin to froth a sort of red hued fire, in a smile, as if to say ‘I can do that too!’ before Sunjata darts in. Flowers remain in one hand as he spots Haai, hearing Phoebe’s question as she lifts her head up from her work. His brows furrow and he tries to approach, to grab onto the hovering griffin.

Sorry Pim.” He rumbles at first, glancing over toward Phoebe with a small apologetic look. “Hey Phoebe.” A quiet greeting as he uses the one hand that doesn’t have the flowers and plants in it to try and get the griffin to corral closer toward him — to leave and let Phoebe and Pim continue their work. It doesn’t seem like Haai shares those thoughts, as Sunjata’s hand reaches in front of Pim, paws latch on and she bites his hand yet again with a maw hued in fire.

Luckily for him, he’s sort of used to it by now, but it still doesn’t stop the curse from leaving his lips as he brings her into his chest to pin her there. “Jou kak!” He tells her, annoyance as the fire depletes and he rearranged the flowers into the crook of his elbow, freeing his other hand as he grabs his griffin by the scruff of the neck and peels her from his hand.

jou kak — you little shit
would we fly?
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
Oh boy. This wasn't going to end well.

But by the time Phoebe had gotten to her feet and hurried over, Jata was already cursing the adorable hellion in his arms. "When did you get a companion?" she said in surprise. Carefully she reached out for Jata's hand to take a look at it, glancing between his hand and the flowers, gathering a quick picture of what had happened. "Pim, go get my medical bag upstairs." she said to the pink dragonling that was still snarling at the griffinling. Begrudgingly Pim leapt into the air, flying to the second floor to fetch what she asked for.

"It works better if you convey what you want to them with emotions and pictures through your connection. Especially ones this little." she said to Jata, smiling warmly at the black hellion. Hopefully that little tip would help him out. Gods knew it would have helped her when she first got Pim. Once her dragon returned with the gauze in his clutches, she took his hand again. "Here, you won't be able to plant anything with your hand like that." she said softly, pressing the magical gauze to his hand, which quickly healed the little burns and bite marks his friend had left.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
The question of when he received a companion isn’t lost on him as Phoebe begins to move and he reaches to place the griffin along his tattooed shoulders now that she’s calmed down enough. Smoke still puffs from her maw as she settles in, wrapping herself around and letting her big green eyes focus on the blonde midwife. “Just after LongNight. I found her egg in the mud in the Outskirts.” He contemplates mentioning that Melita had been there, had informed him before he simply tried to leave the creature there.

At Phoebe’s instruction though, he nods, sidelong glancing at his companion before his steel gaze lands on Phoebe with a small smile. “Oh, I know. She just doesn’t care.” There’s a small amount of amusement beneath it. “She bit me immediately when she hatched, and chose the name Haai of all things.” He rolls his eyes slightly. “Means shark.

But he grows quiet as she works, and Haai drifts down his shoulder just enough, iridescent wings spread for balance as she sniffs at Phoebe. “Thanks. Have you been planting?” He asks, noting the dirt and work she’s done around the place. If perhaps they both had the same idea of the somewhat dreary day outside. As his hand heals, he stretches it slightly to see the work, pleased with the result before his steel eyes flit to her honey brown with a quiet question.
would we fly?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"You're awfully lucky he found you then, little one!" she said softly to the baby griffin. Phoebe smiled a little, looking between him and Haai, as her name seemed to be. "They do get a bit more empathetic as they get older." she said. Part of her wondered what the little griffin thought of her, knowing that her own feelings towards others had a tendency to rub off on Pim.

"It is nice to meet you, Haai." she said warmly, offering her hand to the little creature to sniff at. "Yes, I have. I am reorganizing the whole garden and have added some new plant beds." Phoebe said to Jata with a small smile. "Do you want to help out a bit? I could always use an extra set of hands."
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
She doesn’t share the same sentiment.” He offers to Phoebe with a small amount of amusement. At her comment, however, Sunjata sighs lightly. “Gods do I hope so.” And he did. He didn’t know how big she was going to grow, but she’s already became the same size as his forearm since hatching. He didn’t want to have to figure out how to leash her or restrain her from being too inquisitive and less aware or peoples boundaries.

At least Phoebe doesn’t mind, not as Haai slides down his arm further to inspect her. As the hand raises, her ears perk forward and she sniffs at the midwifes hand, tongue darting out to lick in quiet greeting, bouncing further down Sunjata’s arm with wings splayed in greeting.

At her offer, however, Sunjata’s brows raise slightly before he contemplates it. He can recall the last time he had tried to plant something, how terrible it had gone, and with his free hand he runs a hand through his hair with a light shrug. “I suppose I could.” He rumbles, amused. “So long as she doesn’t get herself eaten by Pim.” Steel eyes land on the griffin again, lips curling in an amused smirk.
would we fly?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"Oh, she thinks you are lucky you found her, huh?" she said with a light laugh. Seemed about right. Pim had similar feelings towards her - but she would never argue that she was lucky to have her grumpy guardian. "She will. Babies are needy. She will mellow out a bit." she said. If Haai allowed, she would gently scratch between her ears.

Phoebe grinned as the griffin licked her hand. "Yes, you can be sweet too can't you? You're just stuck with Mr. Grumpy Gills all the time." she cooed to Haai, teasing Jata a bit.

"Pim won't eat her. But it wouldn't hurt for her to be reminded of her size either." Phoebe said. Pim wouldn't really hurt her, but he could definitely knock her down to size if needed.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Her laugh brings a quiet one of his own to him as he nods, a bit exasperated. “Yeah, definitely.” He offers before he stares at the griffin with a sort of intensity that’s almost fatherly. “She’s a bit too much like me for my own good.” Arrogant, to say the least. With nothing else but fire and teeth to back it up – and something seems to feel even more familiar at that, but he pushes it away.

Haai, meanwhile, leans into Phoebe’s touch, feathers ruffling around her neck with the scratches and attention. “Me? Grumpy Gills?” He says, feigning shock. “I think I’ve been doing well lately, thank you.” He teases her easily, a wink sent her way. Yeah, with the blight gone and LongNight over with, things had gotten easier – things had been better, despite his slight explosion at Loren. He supposes long dark draining nights and too much alcohol had been the culprit of that.

Still, she mentions that Haai could definitely learn her size, and Sunjata nods in agreement. “Oh, absolutely.” Another chuckle before Haai seems to stare up at Phoebe with a look that seems to say are you serious? But with Sunjata’s hands free, he shifts the flowers clutched in his elbows, looking over to where she had been working. “I wasn’t sure where to plant these, but if you could use them I’d be glad to leave them here.
would we fly?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
”Is that better or worse than wondering where Pim gets his attitude from?” Phoebe asked with a slight laugh. Unlike Haai, Pim was Phoebe’s exact opposite, exemplifying traits she did not regularly exhibit or think she possessed (except in the rarest of occasions). To have a companion that reflected you closely? Well, that was one way to get an idea of the things you might want to change about yourself.

”Yes, you, Grumpy Gills, good streak or otherwise.” she said with a grin. Jata wasn’t really terribly grumpy, but he was broody. And boy, his resting face could be quite stormy, even when he was in the best of moods. But of course, these were all things she knew because…

Because of things she was not going to think about, thank you very much.

The midwife laughed a little and ruffled Haai’s feathers as she glared at her. ”Now, now, we all must recognize our strengths and weaknesses Haai…and Pim is much bigger than you.” she said. As if to confirm, Pim roared again, loud enough to echo off the walls.

Phoebe looked at the flowers he had brought, considering for a moment. ”Oh! Snapdragons and Morning Glory. These actually are fairly common medical plants I’d be happy to plant here.” she said with a smile.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
That's a good question.” He rumbles in amusement, grinning briefly at the griffin and her own antics, feathers puffing under the attention. He knows that Pim was given as a protection for Phoebe, but as for Haai? Perhaps she’s only there to get him into trouble. Perhaps that makes two of them.

As she calls him grumpy gills, his hands raise as if he’s offended, despite the amusement lingering in his tones. Yes, he could brood — was quite good at it, but since LongNight is over and the suns come out, he’s had a pretty good streak. “Bold words coming from you, Phoebe.” He teases lightly with a small wink before Haai is glaring at the midwife. He sends a mental pulse to her along the lines of chilling out, before his steel eyes focus on Phoebe once more.

Haai meanwhile, lets her ears droop slightly as she puffs out a small cloud of smoke in her pouting, wings pulling in tight around her as she lifts her head. Quite bratty, all things considered. Sunjata isn’t even sure how big she’ll get, but a part of him wonders how much more of a nightmare she’ll become with it.

Phoebe recognizes the flowers though, and Sunjata nods with a soft smile. “Turns out snapdragons are probably the most fun flower I’ve found.” He offers, somewhat proud of himself as he goes to pinch one of the flowers where its ‘mouth’ opens and closes. “Anyway, where would you like them?” He asks her, glancing around for the spaces she might prefer them to be.
would we fly?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
"Yes, Snapdragons are fun" she said with a light laugh, thinking Haai cute even as she pouted. It was tough being small when you were full of fight like that. But Phoebe turned to lead him out to the garden where she had been diligently working. There was definitely a lot more going on in the garden than he had last seen it, and there were quite a few new and empty places for flowers and othet plants to grow.

She surveyed it all for a moment before leading to a spot where the plants would get the exact right amount of light and shade. "I think here should be good. Have you planted before?" she asked him.
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He nods to Phoebe, shuffling the flowers once more and following her out with Haai back up on his shoulder, intrigued by the space and the guardian as any small thing would be. She immediately hops from his shoulder to go and inspect some of the flowers while Sunjata gives her a mental note once again to play nice.

Phoebe surveys and leads him to one of the spaces, asking him if he’s planted before and he gives her an easy nod. “I have. I didn’t do it often, but when I could get away with it.” A light roll of his shoulders, a small shrug. The times where he’d hide away with his mother to avoid his duties for the day when he was young.

He finds the tools she’s been using, reaching for a small shovel first before kneeling before the space she’d suggested, setting the flowers down and deciding what each one needed, before sticking the tiny shovel into the dirt and beginning to dig up a hole. “You’ve been busy back here.” He tells her, steel eyes focusing on his work.
would we fly?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Pim took off after Haai, keeping a good distance but never letting the little thing out of his site as she roamed his territory.

Phoebe settled in next to Sunjata, carefully digging up a spot where she would place one of the plants. "I had never gardened terribly much before coming here. I mostly foraged or purchased herbs from markets. Emmett taught me everything I know about gardening." she said softly, a slight frown curving her lips. Her anger towards her first love had long since faded, and was now replaced with a deep sadness she wasn't sure would ever leave her. Not fully anyways. In time it might fade but...it would always be a sore spot she was certain.

At Jata's observation, she nodded a little. "Yes. I'm hoping to do more with the College this year. Part of me wonders if I'd been better prepared...if I had gotten us farther...if maybe I could've done more to help with the blight." she said softly, the weight she felt clear in her tone and the way she held herself. Of course, this endeavor was made all the more difficult with triplets to raise with little to no help, and her own personal midwifery practice. "Did you see that notice about the Voice? About how it was an accident?" she said softly, brows furrowing as she shook her head. "Gods don't make accidents. Especially those at war. I can't...I just can't let us be caught unawares again. Our technology and understanding of medicine must rival hers."
The Honeysuckle Princess

Coding base by Sky!