home is wherever I'm with you
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i've got a river for a soul
"So much stuff." Remi agreed with a wry smile. "Mmm, yes. Better than my magic." And yet the crimson flushing across his cheeks suggested that that was likely not the reason Remi was planning on subjecting his husband to manual labour.

With a snort, the alchemist placed the paints down on the floor for Aoife to use (read: splatter on the ground), before pinning his husband with a look. "Oh? And what about when you're off valiantly fighting mud? Whatever shall we do then?"
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

The blush spreading across Remi’s cheeks was enough to get Ronin’s heart racing - how long had it been since they’d had even a conversation so carefree? - and he reached out to let his hand rest atop his husband’s on the table. ”Well, I’m determined to pull my share of the weight on building this wagon, so I guess there is a lot of heavy lifting in my near future. Oh no.” He grinned, as if it really were going to be difficult.

Rather than withering under Remi’s look, Ronin lifted his chin defiantly and flashed his husband a charming grin. At the same time his astral projection leant against the desk on the alchemist’s other side, its arms folded, expression deeply thoughtful. “Quite,” it said. “If only there were some way for me to be in two places at once.”

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi smiled down at the ring on his finger, pulsing faster and faster in a way that prompted his own to match the rhythm. 'Well, there are two of you." The alchemist mused thoughtfully, his fingers spreading slightly so that Ronin's fit in between them. Sexcapades aside, Remi wasn't entirely sure how to think or view his husband's astral self. That said, he was more than willing to try and work it out while they both needlessly moved heavy objects around. "Oh no." Remi agreed with a grin.

To prove his point, the alchemist's eyes shifted to the duplicate. "I know you can feel this.." He said softly, reaching across to run a finger across the projections arm, the movement gentle but suggestive. "But you can't tell me you'd rather I do this with it? other-you? instead of you-you."

Aoife, having seen this often enough, glanced up and gave the duplicate a star-sharp gaze, before returning to babbling to herself.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

It was always a surprise, to discover that his astral self could now experience physical touch, given that Ronin had only really experienced it as a walking, talking ghost in previous times. Still, he smiled warmly to his husband and gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

“Absolutely not,” he said, the projection tipping him a roguish wink before flitting out of existence again. “My other self can do all of the boring, menial tasks while I devote my full attention to what’s important.”

And in case Remi didn’t catch on to the fact that it was him, Ronin leant in and pressed a raspberry flavoured kiss to the alchemist’s cheek. “How does that sound?”

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Mmmm, I like that answer better." He agreed with a crooked grin. Heart fluttering as his husband leaned in, Remi chuckled under his breath as Ronin pulled away. "I do not know how it sounds but it certainly feels sticky." So saying, the alchemist crinkled his nose, rubbing his cheek against his shoulder.

"So. No crown...no guild..when was the last time you were free from responsibilities that did not include raspberry?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

“I thought you would,” Ronin said with a smirk, nuzzling Remi for good measure (just in case he wasn’t raspberry flavoured enough) before drawing back again. He raised an eyebrow at the other man’s question, as if genuinely trying to think of a time when he was so unburdened. Eventually, he shrugged. “I think that was probably before I joined the Storm Guard,” he said slowly, rubbing at the back of his head and straightening up to stand.

“So - what’s the first thing needs doing with this wagon?” It was an exciting prospect, he had to admit; somewhere new to live that moved, without any responsibilities or troubles looming over them. It was certainly too good to be true, but Ronin could dream.

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ahh, thank you for that." Remi huffed, shooting Ronin an exasperated look that didn't look genuine for even a second. "And here I always just imagined you born with a uniform on and sword in hand." It was a joke, but only a bit of an exaggeration. Remi had elaborated much more on his past than Ronin ever had.

Grinning and pulling his rough schematics out again, Remi tapped his finger against his desk. "Dimensions. Which...you know, with magic and all that becomes a bit tricky. I was thinking that the wagon at least ought to look wagonish from the outside. That way as we travel we will not look entirely out of place."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
is there a price to burn this paradise?
“You are most welcome,” Ronin cooed back at Remi, folding his arms and watching curiously as he took the schematics back out for them to peruse. “Not quite born in uniform, but I may as well have been,” he said through a chuckle.

“My parents - my mother especially - had my brother and I enlisted in the guard since before we could walk or sign our names.” He shrugged - sad to have one’s fate decided, but not altogether uncommon for the likes of a family such as Ronin’s. ”She was convinced we would earn our renown in the army.” And the Taliesin family would go down in history (and get richer and closer to the king, naturally).

Gazing over the schematics, he nodded agreement regarding the outside of the wagon. “I’d like that. I’ve had quite enough of sticking out for a while.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well I suppose in a way you have done that. In this world, I believe you are all that is left of the Storm Guard." Remi replied with a bright grin. If only because Zariah had disappeared and Roana was recently deceased. But still, if Ronin's mother had wanted infamy for her family name, she'd got it, in a way. "And her grandchild is blessed by a goddess." Raised by a gay man which she'd likely not like, but then that was no one's problem to worry about.

"Yes well, you keep training as you have been and that will be entirely impossible." Remi quipped with a crooked grin. He was more than certain that it wasn't just personal bias that made him think that Ronin was quite likely the most attractive man in all the Grounds. Regardless of personal preferences the alchemist couldn't think of anyone who hadn't been entirely arrested by Ronin's sea-blue stare or his impossible charm. Should those fail, he always had those damn eyebrows to fall back on. "The real question is going to be how to get something so big through a portal. Especially when we will not know what future portals are actually going to look like."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
“It sounds more sad than legendary, to be the last of the Storm Guard,” Ronin said with a light smile, though he couldn’t exactly deny that Remi was right. “With Zariah missing and Roana... well, I guess I am the very last one.” His brow furrowed at the thought of the recently deceased Captain; her final words, the brutality of her death, his own part in it... trauma upon trauma, nightmares on top of nightmares.

He snorted and gazed fondly down at their daughter. “She’d probably have resented Aoife for not being a boy,” he muttered. Ronin had loved his mother because he couldn’t very well do anything else, but that didn’t make her a particularly likeable person.

Flashing his husband a grin, he nudged him playfully and shook his head. “All this, coming from the likes of you. Have you seen yourself lately?” He laughed. He likely wouldn’t have recognised the Remi who had seen him on the beach these days. As for the wagon, Ronin itched thoughtfully at the stubble on his chin. “I don’t suppose you can transmute it into something smaller? If you can make it bigger on the inside, surely you can make it fit into our pockets for ease of travel?” Ridiculously hopeful, but it might be done.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Not arguing the point for he very much agreed now that he thought about it, Remi nodded. Perhaps it was a sad thing, but then endings often could be.

"No, I've not actually, seeing as all the mirrors in our house are either covered with Aoife's paints or have cracked thanks to frost." He couldn't blame the dragonling for admiring herself. But he wished she'd do it from a bit farther away.

Considering this, Remi thumbed the side of his sketch thoughtfully as he pulled in a breath. "If it was a simple object, maybe. But with all our things inside? The other enchantments?" Whistling a low and long sound, he shook his head uncertainly. "I think it may have to be part of the wagon itself. Some..button or mechanism or so that is pushed to make it smaller. "
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
“I mean, it’s our own fault for putting up so many mirrors, when you think about it.” Ronin smirked, looking his husband up and down and flashing him a positively filthy grin that should tell him exactly what he looked like. “I have no complaints on my side, put it that way,” he informed the other man with a wink.

The wagon, unfortunately, presented more problems than Remi’s self esteem, and Ronin sighed and folded his arms to think. ”Looks as though we have quite a bit to think about,” Ronin said with a sigh. If the worst happens I suppose we will have to just go everywhere on foot. Make the wagon able to fly, or float, or both.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
” Ahhh. Sure, sure. You are anything else if not a man of few complaints.” The alchemist rejoined with a chuckle, playfully rolling his eyes over long lashes.

“Ahh. We definitely do.” Remi hummed thoughtfully, absolutely not calling into question Ronin’s assistance—or lack thereof—thus far. “Perhaps we ought to forgo the wagon altogether, and I can simply fly us everywhere.” The alchemist replied with a broad and sunny grin. “Now I know what you are going to say.” Remi added, holding up a hand to halt the argument his husband hadn’t at all offered. “Where will we keep all your weapons and trophies and alcohol. It is a good point. Wagon it is.” So saying Remi flashed Ronin an adoring smile, before diving unprompted into a full explanation of the various schematics and things that would be needed, no doubt boring Ronin endlessly. Still Remi’s enthusiasm carried on just as swiftly as any current might, and soon the plans for the wagon were well underway.

~FIN