Stupid Scary Squirrels
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix
I'll clean my room in exchange for your immortal soul
Beatrix had finally caught her breath and was now in a scramble to get back home. She had left in a huff and was returning an emotional mess. She was exhausted, scared, relieved, and her boots were covered it stupid talking squirrel gore. She just hoped she wouldn’t run into her mom first. Edrei would be better because she wouldn’t get all mad at her for being dumb first. Well…she might. But mom for sure would so Auntie Edy was still the better chance to take. She might even help break the news to deflect some of the anger her mom would definitely have over this.

She could hope anyways.

Once back at the somewhat family home she wiped at her as she opened the door. Something about being back at the house made her emotional. It was safe. No stupid talking squirrels or scary mazes that moved. “Auntie Edy?” she called out, her voice breaking a little from her tears. She hoped she was home as she stood in the entryway, arms and legs trembling with exhaustion.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Edy
I'm not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example

Hearing Bea downstairs, Edy pulled herself from her bed and trotted to the top of the stairs. Peering down and expecting to see the younger Launceleyn girl perhaps with some flowers she'd picked or an animal she'd 'rescued' (where was Bobi, come to think of it?), the teenager was surprised to see Beatrix looking so dishevelled. Whether it was Zariah's influence or just the Launceleyn genes, Bea always looked like she was about to step into or out of some modelling catalogue, so to see her muddy and out of breath was quite the surprise.

"Hey, hey." Edy half cooed and half greeted.

Flying down the stairs with her usual mixture of athleticism and energy, Edy arrived at Bea's side and cocked her head quizzically. "You'd better not let your mom catch you like that." She noted with a playful frown.

Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Beatrix
Zariah’s influence definitely helped (she was a momma with some intense fashion sense after all) but Cyton seemed to have produced a batch of gorgeous children, which Beatrix strongly reflected. Given this, if it was an advertisement for a mud run or something, she probably still could have passed for a tiny model. As it was, there was no catalogue, no mud run, just a terrified child covered in squirrel guts and grime.

As soon as Beatrix saw Edrei though, she broke down into tears, her breath catching as she pressed her muddy hands against her eyes. Why? Edrei hadn’t said anything mean. She was being her happy usual self. But Edrei was safe and it was a relief to see her – and relief occasionally comes with water works. “I got chased by talking squirrels! They told me to follow them and then I got stuck in a maze cause the walls kept moving and they tried to kill me, Edy! There were so many of them a whole wall of them it was so scary!” she cried, her words punctuated with her hyperventilating. “I didn’t know they were mean! I promise I didn’t!”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Edy said kneeling down. Not to do that condescending adult thing, but so she could wrap her arms around Bea.

Talking what now?

Giving Bea a fixed stare, Edy tilted her head slightly to the side. Talking squirrels. A maze with moving walls, and the squirrels turned out to be killers? "Tell me honestly. I won't tell your mom; you eat any mushrooms lately?" Edy who had definitely done drugs before, recognized a drug-induced hallucination when she heard one.

Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
”No Edy! Mushrooms are gross!” Beatrix almost shouted in frustration, stamping her foot and flinging mud and gore onto the floor around it. ”I don’t even know what mushrooms have to do with this! I wasn’t eating I was exploring!” she insisted, starting to cry again. She sniffled and rubbed snot on her sleeve as her nose started to run. She was really upset and really serious.

”I went by the big bush maze thing and there was a squirrel! And it could say yes and no and follow me! And it was a squirrel so it was cute and I thought it was harmless so I followed it cause how many times am I gonna see a talking squirrel!” she rambled, gasping for air here and there as she became increasingly distraught. ”But then the entrance closed shut! The bushes grew really fast and shut it off and there were thorns everywhere! And I kept following the squirrel but then a hawk came and went the other way so I followed that and then a bunch of squirrels started chasing me and yelling at me and then…” She had to stop her tirade to catch her breath, sniffling loudly and rubbing more snot on her sleeve like the well mannered child she was.

”They attacked the hawk and so I jumped on them and crushed some of them but then millions of them showed up, Edy, millions I swear they were taller than me there were so many and they all had little thorns they were chasing me with and I didn’t think I was gonna make it out and see any of you again!” she finally got to the end of her story and simply stood there sobbing.

Edrei
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

Edy raised her brows. She couldn't care less about the mud Bea's tiny temper tantrum was causing, more just that it was happening at all. At least the kid didn't know about drugs yet, so that was probably good. Zariah would most definitely kill the teenager if she introduced drugs to Bea (too soon, because honestly, it was going to happen eventually). "Okay, okay, no mushrooms. Got it."  Edy cooed, grabbing a blanket from one of the couches and playfully dumping it on Bea's head. If she was going to snot everywhere, she should at least have something to wipe it off with.

Listening more carefully now since apparently this wasn't a drug fueled rant, Edy cocked a brow and made a frowning face.

On the one hand, Bea had a point. Talking squirrels seemed like a once in a lifetime thing and Edy probably would have followed along too. Though hearing about it now, following a little bite-sized rodent into a maze? Eeeeeehhhh sounded sketchy as fuck.

"Wait now there's a hawk-" The teenager interrupted, trying to keep all the characters in this weird fairy tale straight. "You crushed-" Now Edy just looked fucking pleased as punch and quite impressed.

As the horror story came to an end, Edy drew the girl towards her and grinned. "Well. Sounds like you showed those squirrels who was boss, yeah?" Leaning back she eyeballed the girl for a moment trying to decide if she was at all injured. "Launceleyn's take shit from no one. Not even talking squirrels."

Booping Bea on the nose, Edy continued to grin. "So did you thank your hawk, or what?" The teenager wasn't really convinced there'd been a hawk at all, but fuck it, just about every bit of this sounded like nonsense, so maybe. "Who knows, maybe the hawk is really your prince charming and you need to kiss him to turn him back into a prince!"

Beatrix Launceleyn

Change author:
Beatrix
Good grief why in heck could adults not follow along on a very simple and straight forward story?! Every time Edrei tried to interrupt with a question she gave her a real mean glare - one she most definitely learned from her mother. Stink eye ran strong in this family and Bea was a quick study in the subject. She sniffled and rubbed her nose and face on the blanket that was plopped over her head, holding it with both hands like a hood or cape to keep it snug against her hair. She looked a right pitiful little creature.

Edrei would find her in pretty good condition too - a few scrapes and bruises but nothing terrible considering she had been off adventuring. The compliment went a long way though and the girl nodded with a sniffle. "Mom says we are tough stuff. So I was tough." she said, glancing at her boots, which still were covered in the blood of her fluffy-tailed enemies. Such a pretty red.

When Edy asked about the hawk though, she shook her head. "I think it flew away once I got out." she said, wrinkling her nose at the thought of some prince disguised as an animal. "I don't need a stupid prince...unless they will bring me cookies when mom says no." she said. That was a thought...she could put up with a stupid prince if he brought her cookies. She could be nice for cookies. That seemed like a pretty good deal actually.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
I'm not totally useless.

"Tough stuff." Edy agreed with a decisive nod.

Cackling at the notion that all Bea would need a prince for was breaking rules behind Z's back, Edy ruffled the girl's expansive curls and grinned. "Couldn't have said it better myself." The teenager chuckled, tipping Bea a wink and sighing with mirth.

"Ooookay. So we've learned that maybe listening to talking animals isn't always the best idea, yeah? Now lets get you cleaned up before Zariah comes home and kills us both."