And Together We Will Be
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
The way Nate pulled him in closer made Sam smile wide, pressing his face into Nate's chest and closing his eyes, hoping he would be able to stay there forever now. The Voice's call of his name was the only thing that could turn his head.

"...Oh." He had not expected the offer and for a while stared blankly, not knowing how to make the decision in such a quick time. No pain...? At one point, experiencing pain had been important to him, a part of lost sensation just as much as his touch and taste, but now that he had had so much of it...he looked down to his hand, the missing fingers. Even now, as Flowerbirth took away the Longnight snow, there were still twinges of pain in the ruined knuckles.

Glancing to Nate then back to The Voice, he nodded. "I think you're right. As...as long as I still get to keep tasting and feeling. Please."
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
Softly the Voice smiled. Sam well knew her thoughts on this patch that had been installed. Truthfully she that that it would overwhelm the bookmaker with sensation and that he'd been keen to rid himself of it entirely. Apparently though he still clung to the memories and comforts of his darker days, before he was made bright.

But there would be time to change all of that later.

"No pain." She agreed, reaching forward to take his arm. Running her fingers softly up his upper-arm, the upgrade within glowed softly. Electricity sparked between her fingertips and his skin, the programming of the patch changing. Her lips curled slightly as she networked with the device, it of abandoned-origin, crude as it was. Still, the changes were made. "You will still register the pain as the rest of the ascended do, but you will no longer feel it."

Sam's patch has been upgraded to the following:

Type: Light
Sensory Upgrade (Upgraded) | A patch which restores purpose and sensation back to the skin and other sensory organs. Blocks pain signals.

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
Who could ask to be unbroken
or be brave again?
Or honey hope even on this side
of the grave again?
Nate's hand moved up and down along Sam's side while the smaller man considered the offer, promising support no matter what he ended up doing. As much as he wanted to push Sam one way or the other, it wasn't his place, though he made it very clear that he approved of the choice that was made, his hand squeezing Sam's hip and his grin widening.

Keen eyes watched as the goddess reached out, activating something in Sam's arm. This was largely beyond him, but when it was finished, he reached out to pull Sam close again, arms wrapping around him. He turned to look at the Voice, his face soft. "Thank you."
And who could ask it to be sound
or to feel saved again?
But stick around until you hear
that music play again
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
Sam expected to feel something when his pain was taken away, but it was anti-climatically peaceful. Physically he felt nothing, just the continued pressure of Nate's hand on his hip. Emotionally though, he felt this was rather significant. It felt like finally choosing a side, admitting himself to The Voice, allowing himself to become fully Ascended.

"Yes. Thank you." He whispered too, echoing Nate. "I will be going to Halo...soon, I hope, with Nate. To begin to explore the portals."

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
"Be well. The Ursurs—the giant bears—won't be able to smell you, but they can track movement and their hearing is impeccable. They are the greatest danger you'll face." Given that the cold wouldn't bother them, of course.

"Wessex has already met with the leader of Halo. It might be easiest to let her explore the inner areas of the Citadel while you take the exterior areas. But I will leave that up to your judgement, Sam." She said with a warm and bright smile, confident that he was more than up to the task.

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
Who could ask to be unbroken
or be brave again?
Or honey hope even on this side
of the grave again?
Nate raised a brow at the mention of giant bears, but didn’t say anything. At least in a frozen wasteland, they’d have a chance to see something coming before it was upon them. Hopefully. He’d never been in any kind of tundra before, so he could just be thinking out his ass. Bears did seem marginally better than cold though, he decided eventually.

The arm wrapped around the ginger man squeezed, pulling Sam tight against him for a moment. ”Sounds like a fun vacation, doesn’t it?” He joked, though there was a grain of truth in it. Maybe some time completely alone, just the two of them, would be what Sam needed to get through his paranoia. It was worth the hope. ”Thank you again.” He said to the voice,’head bowing.
And who could ask it to be sound
or to feel saved again?
But stick around until you hear
that music play again
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"Well...an interesting one at least." Sam said against Nate's chest, smiling into his neck with a hand on his chest. As much as it was not looking like it was going to be a pleasant trip, it would at least be a chance to be alone with Nate.

Looking back to the Voice one more time he smiled, thanked her, then turned to leave, holding Nate's hand - soon they would be on their way, but for the night there was time to enjoy each other and Nate's new form.