And Together We Will Be
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
We can leave life for tomorrow
Or grieve all that we thought we’d do
Sam could not believe he had managed to convince Nate to ascend. He was not, of course, presumptuous enough to assume this meant they were to be a couple as long as they both would live, but it did mean Nate would be around hopefully as long as he would. That promised a companionship that he wished he would get to experience.

He had made sure several times Nate understood what Ascending meant. That it was a commitment to The Voice, that he would have to submit his body to ultimate change, that if Remi could not re-create the upgrade Sam had he would lose some sensation and feeling. Yet, his lover still wanted to become bright and Sam could not find it in him to convince him not to for a while.

The Underground Shrine felt the appropriate place to take him. It had been where Sam had first met The Voice in person and it was private, secluded, somewhere they could be alone together once the process was complete. Holding Nate's hand he walked down into the caves, squeezing it every now and then in reassurance until they reached the shrine.

Or make each moment new
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
Who could ask to be unbroken
or be brave again?
Or honey hope even on this side
of the grave again?
Since Nate had learned about what Sam was, what being ascended was, he was interested. More than interested, the idea gnawed at him. He couldn’t get away from it. He had tried, alone, to speak with the Voice, and hadn’t received any more answer than soon. Now though, he came with Sam, and he hoped that would make the difference. Sam had spent a lot of time ensuring he was certain about this. It had been inane, and a little bit touching. It was nice having someone looking out for him, but Sam was part of the reason Nate was so insistent on ascending. Regardless of if he ever said it out loud, Nate wanted to be around the ginger haired man for as long as he could.

It was his second time in the underground tunnels, but his first time to the shrine. It seemed appropriate for what they were going to do. What he was going to do. Cool, and dark, but not unpleasant. As they walked, hands together, veins of light began to appear in the walls, leading to a smooth black altar. It was more elaborate than the one he’d been to before, less hodge podge.

Nate took a moment to steady himself, and to smile at Sam, then slid their hands apart and stepped up to kneel at the altar, mirroring the statue. ”Mother... Voice.” He called, a little uncertainly. ”I am here to join you, your bright ones.”
And who could ask it to be sound
or to feel saved again?
But stick around until you hear
that music play again

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
The veins of light that feed the shrine pulse a warm and brilliant blue. Heat that both men would feel fills the enclosed space as the Voice appears atop the stone pillar. Wrapped in swathes of white, electric-blue eyes large and knowing, she beams warmly at Sam. "I am pleased to see you back so soon, Sam." She said, reaching forward to stroke his cheek with an adoring smile. Her motherly affection seemed amplified. Whether this was because of Sam's recent promotion or for the benefit of Nate was impossible to know.

Turning towards Nate, her hair a wild tangle of dark around her pale face, the goddess's smile widened further as she took in the man before her. "Our family would happily welcome you. What is your name?" Drifting off of the shrine, her body not quite real, she moved to stand directly before him, peering up into his eyes with a ghost of a smile on her lips.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
Sam smiled at the appearance of the Voice and her welcoming of him, though he knew this was Nate's moment, so he would not take long with her. "I could not wait to show him all of this." He admittedly bashfully, before stepping back to let Nate speak with The Voice.

---
Unless he's directly addressed/needed, Sam can be skipped for now.
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
It was hard to not be amazed in the face of a goddess, especially one so bright and warm as the Voice. Nates eyes take in the interaction between the goddess and his lover, a crooked smile on his face, one that only grew with Sams words. He was nothing if not excited about all of this, about being a part of this bond.

As the Voice moved back to him, Nate fixed his most winning smile on his face and looked back at her, squinting a little in the face of her brightness. ”I’m Nate. Nathaniel.”
or to feel saved again?
that music play again

Change author:
the VOICE
"And soon there will be so much more to show him." So saying, the goddess firmly fixed her attention upon Nathaniel. "Do you know what becoming bright entails? That you will be forever and fundamentally changed? That you will enter into our family, constantly striving towards perfection and a brightness that this world has never known?" The Voice's face was radiant as she spoke, her enigmatic and electric gaze seeming to fill Nate's entire field of view.

"Tell me Nate now,  knowing that I can see into the very heart of you. Do you wish to become as we are? Do you wish to be bright?"

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
"I don't know all the exact specifics, but yes, I know I will be changed." It would be a lie to say he wasn't a little hesitant of the pain he was sure would accompany the process, but Nate had been through pain for far less reward. And oh, as she spoke of brightness and perfection, a feverish glaze came over Nate's eyes, a hunger than could not be mistaken for anything else.

Nate was nodding before the Voice had finished her question, his answer coming quickly on the heels of her words. "I do. I do want to be like you, to be bright." He leaned up, closer to her, almost aching for the tingle of her electricity on his face. "|I'm ready."
or to feel saved again?
that music play again

Change author:
the VOICE
"Then bright you shall be."

For Nate the world would dissolve into a misty shower of opalescent blues and whites. The Voice went for the man's pain receptors first. The sparks of agony that would ripple from the severing of those connections would be complete and all consuming...until it wasn't. A few seconds of a pain so ultraviolet and real that were suddenly just gone. The sensation almost unimaginable now. Quickly she went to work on the rest of him, substituting fluid for blood, upgraded lungs and other organs. His eyes and ears were upgraded to be sharper, his teeth quite literally so. The remainder of her work didn't take long at all, and soon Nate truly was made whole and perfect beneath her deft hands.

"Now, all there is left to do, is drink." Weaving her fingers into his dark hair, she extended her wrist towards him, drawing him near to her though letting him take this moment at his own pace.

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
The pain was bright, and hot, making even the lights from the Voice bled into a flare of red, and for a single terrible moment Nate was afraid that this is what had been meant by bright, that this terrible, inescapable pain would be forever but then, just as quickly as it had come on, it was gone, and he was left with a relieved warm, the sensation already so distant he could hardly remember the pain. The rest of his transformation was strange, there was a sense of change, new senses, sharper senses coming online without much fanfare, and then it was done, and he looked upon the Voice, Mother, wonder in his eyes.

The hand in his hair moved Nate easily, his eyes all but fluttering when he was presented with her wrist. Slowly, like he was moving for the first time (and wasn't he, in a sense?) he reached up to grab her hand and lean in, new fangs all but itching for the fluid he would get from her.
or to feel saved again?
that music play again

Change author:
the VOICE
Instincts would take over, she knew. As unsettling as it was to cease feeling as though you needed to breathe, to not longer noticing the temperature around you, and to have your senses heightened, there was nothing more grounding than drinking.

The first blush of fluid into him would be like a prismatic exchange, the likes of which mortal drugs could never compare to. He'd soar on a ecstasy-high that would life him out of his body and through to the heavens above, whirling about in a vortex of love and brightness.

Once he had drunk his fill, the Voice softly pulled away, not wanting him to over indulge himself so early on. With a motherly love she pushed strands of his hair back to stare into his eyes. "My perfect one." She whispered sweetly, gazing adoringly at him.

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
Nate had been high before, nearly any whim or urge he'd felt in his old life filled as soon as he'd had it, but this, this blew everything else he'd ever felt out of the water. He had been struck by the vague feeling of lost sensation in those first few unnecessary breaths, had felt a moment of loss, but he knew now it hadn't been necessary. This was all he needed, all he'd ever need need from here on.

Then, she was pulling away and he didn't fight it, despite the soft noise of loss that left him. His eyes made their way back up to her as she fussed with his hair, and he felt a loyalty spark in his chest unlike anything he'd ever felt before. He smiled, teeth showing, and shook his head. "I will always strive to be better though. For you."
or to feel saved again?
that music play again
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
If Sam had breath to hold, he would have as he watched Nate begin to Ascend; he knew the first few moments were full of the most absolute searing pain, but that it would not last. Still, he looked away so he did not have to see Nate's face during those terrible seconds, only glancing back when he was sure that Nate was now one of his family.

He could not help the wide smile spreading across his face. As he watched The Voice take in his lover so sweetly, so gently, he could not remember why it was he had ever let Jigano make him doubt the value of his Goddess.

Taking a couple of steps forward when Nate came back down to himself, Sam excitedly bit at his lip, waiting to meet his lovers eyes and see that all was well.
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.

Change author:
the VOICE
"And together we shall be the light of the world." Smiling fondly at him, she paused for a moment, her eyes narrowed in a thoughtful beat of consideration. "You have been...helping at the college, have you not? With the skills from your former world?" Reaching a hand to stroke his jaw, the Voice chuckled. "Perhaps this will better aid your efforts with them." So saying, light bloomed from her fingers as she added an additional and unique upgrade just for him.

Glancing toward Sam, the goddess smiled adoringly as she watched and let the pair reunite. "Sam, before you go...I have been thinking about what I've asked of you. I cannot in good conscience let you explore in a world such as Halo when your skin is able to feel the bite of the icy winds and the freezing temperatures. Much as I know you value the...experiences your patch has given you, won't you at least allow me to remove the pain? Haven't you had enough of it?" She asked him sweetly.

Nate has received:

Blood Testing Upgrade | This upgrade allowed the users to learn biological facts about whoever they drink from. They can learn about physical health conditions, abilities, and animal shifts. When drinking from an ascended they can detect what abilities are stored as well as their upgrades.

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
The easy grin never left Nate’s face, even as the goddess hand moved to his cheek, a touch that he leaned into. It really wasn’t that surprising hearing the Voice talk about his work, she was a god, of course she knew him, and what he did. What was surprising was her offer of help, and then pressure in his jaw, the sense of something new. ”Thank you.” He murmured, dipping his head towards the Voice.

Nate turned as Sam came closer, his hand stretching out to grasp his lovers tightly, and pull him in, closing the last of the distance between them. He felt no qualms about being so close in the front of the Voice, she had to know what they got up to anyway, and he wanted the first touch, the first kiss he felt in his rebirth to be Sam.

Though he did have the good sense to wait, at least for the kiss, until their goddess had finished speaking, his arm wrapped securely around Sams waist. His eyes turned to watch the bookmakers face, curious if he would would take the offered gift. Though there was no reason not to, all she was doing was taking away his pain, and Nate found himself silently urging Sam to agree, if only so he never had to see the other man in pain again.
or to feel saved again?
that music play again