[seasonal event] endure anything
open seasonal event!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

Despite the liberation and freedom from LongNight’s grasp, obligations still settled their way through the core of him, an enduring, infinite quality tied and bound to his motivations. He hadn’t been always present in the Guild he belonged to; frequenting it for either events or to bother Remi, tethered in militia lines, and other conflagrations, missions, torn into a variety of goals, aspirations, and ambitions. Items made and sculpted were often delivered or created right in front of the receiver; he didn’t even really have a kiosk for any wares – they were concocted in the moment, a press of gilded hands and golden palms and something attempting to match an accord of individuals.

So out of a semblance of duty, the mountain meandered along the market, a bucket in his hand, eyes narrowed, watching, waiting, and then chasing the inevitable down – the memory mud’s impact on the stalls, and along the outskirts of the hall, had left intriguing, interesting wakes. Unfortunately, the patterns and juxtapositions of the muck and mire weren’t entirely desired, footfalls and treads sticking into its ambience, bizarre, almost eldritch formations brimming on their existence, before the puddles seemed to meander and wander on their own accord. He’d bend down when one managed to cease and desist its motions for a moment, granting him an opportunity to snag and drop it into the container, closing the lid, and then continuing the effort, quiet and hushed, as if hunting, chasing, voracious things.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Hushed, quiet - these were not words to describe the triplets as they went racing through the muddy streets, chasing the moving substance in a raucous herd. Behind them, Phoebe hurried along, doing her best to to keep up. "Boys! Get out of that!" she shouted at them as they went sliding along like a slip-n-slide. As for Pim? Well. Pim was home napping. He didn't like how the mud got all over his pretty scales.

As the boys went slipping and slidding through the streets though, they came to an abrupt halt as they slid in one muddy pile into rooted legs. Grumbles and shouts accompanied the hit, until 3 pairs of wide blue eyes staired up at Deimos. Well. 2 pairs. The third were a bit hard to see behind the mud covered glasses.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
'Cause I'm just trying to be happy
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

The Sword had the briefest of warnings before the strike of smaller feet against the back of his legs – a shout, an announcement, a proclamation of children rampaging down the streets – and then the inevitable. Too large, too massive, to be moved or maneuvered by the onslaught, no damage done, he was still somewhat perturbed and baffled by the event, shifting, like a Colossus, like a behemoth, out of their path once they’d made their impact. The children might not have conjured any amount of significance within his skull, had he not seen them time and time before; Roana’s boys, and the silent, scathing rapacity behind his eyes, along his flesh, intertwined with scores of memories from before LongNight (catching, chasing, hunting) and then torn asunder by the predilections of it all (her escape, then her departure from life itself; form likely the one who brought monsters, and how they permitted it, how the fire raged and seethed, how everything came to be ash and soot and cinders). His eyes flickered over them, one-by-one, but said nothing, remaining the tower, the wake of damnation; uncertain of how to proceed, or what to say to children who’d lost their mother, who slid across muck along avenues.

He hastened only a withering sigh, gaze rising at the midwife’s appearance – the one Wessex hadn’t wanted in charge of the children (for reasons he couldn’t bother to fathom), acknowledging her presence with a nod, “Phoebe,” and gruff, reticent tones, the enigmatic quandaries rasping at his pursuits.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
”I’m so sorry, Deimos.” Phoebe said breathlessly as she finally reached the boys, who simply sat in their muddy pile at his feet. As well-behaved as the boys usually were, in the wake of the grief from losing their mother, they were clearly acting out. ”Boys, apologize for running into Mr. Deimos.” Phoebe said. ”Sorry, Mr. Deimos…” Cormac and Jax said quietly. But Rhett, the bespectacled boy, looked at his Aunt with a stubborn huff. ”Why? The mud made us do it. He could have moved, too.” he asked challengingly. Cormac and Jax looked at their brother wide-eyed, slowly slinking away from him. Apparently it was his turn to be reminded that as nice and sweet as Auntie Phoebe could be, she didn’t take lip either.

Before Rhett knew it, he was hoisted up by the back of his shirt, held eye-to-eye with the generally mild-mannered and dainty midwife. ”You will apologize because I said so. I help bring little boys into this world every day, and I know how to send the naughty ones right back out of it. Understood?” she said in a low, angry-motherly tone that had the boy nodding his head rapidly. ”Sorry Mr. Deimos.” He muttered when she had set him back down in front of the giant man.

Phoebe sighed tiredly then before looking up at Deimos herself. ”Can we help you with anything for causing you trouble?”
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

He cared very little in the exchange, reserved and indifferent all the more, intending to return to his obligations and responsibilities in the moments he could slip away. The Sword nodded at Phoebe’s apology, taking it aside, no harm, no foul, but then the boys had to apologize, and he stood there, all the more towering, all the more apathetic, wondering how he could carve his way back out into the hollows, flicker off into the air. The one who challenged, an air of sedition, might’ve caused him to lift a brow, but only just so, because the revolutionary tactics rooted by a child couldn’t last long under the penalty of authority. The midwife grabbed hold and ensued her position, and the youth bowed down, the third apology swift, but muttered. The beast didn’t require them, but released the sigh he’d been holding, piercing gaze flickering on each in turn. “Accepted.”

As for help, Deimos inwardly cringed. A contortion rippled through him at the means and measures of evasion, to wander through the streets by his lonesome, out in the air, out in the sun, out of the boundaries and fringes of anything but his own volition – but then his gaze fell on the children again.

He hadn’t been as young as them when he’d lost his parents – but been lost just the same.

His hands concocted four more buckets, one of for each individual in his presence, handing them over with little fanfare. “You may help clean,” crouching and bending down for a moment to take hold of one of the memory mud puddles at their feet, before placing it in his bucket, and rising again; demonstration of a penance even little boys could manage. Then the General nodded once more, before maneuvering away from them, intending to maneuver down another avenue.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"You heard him, boys, get to it now!" she said, gesturing to the buckets as she picked up one herself. Each boy picked up a bucket as instructed, Rhett looking a bit more sheepish than the other two, and set to work. It was a bit more difficult for them than Deimos and Phoebe. Their hands were much smaller and the memory mud was difficult to grab onto. More often than not, the mud went squishing through their fingers, but with persistence they began to fill their buckets.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble, Deimos. They usually are much better behaved." Phoebe said softly as she collected puddles of memory mud. They were adjusting and mourning in the only way children so young could. It would take time to adjust to a new normal.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

The monolith persisted in his motions, gathering the memory mud sanction by sanction, one by one, releasing them from their unearthly bounds and placing them in the container. He could hear Phoebe command orders towards the boys, glancing back only briefly to watch them for a moment, the muck difficult to grasp for childish endeavors; but they seemed to manage after a while. His stare resolved itself back to the reaches of the street, stooping to pick up muck, patterns and routines, barely hearing the midwife’s apology. “It is fine,” the General noted, tone flat and nonchalant, a shrug and a nod, not begrudging or grumbling about the boys’ manners. It was not surprising that any of them would act out or be altered; loss was loss, and it took on many different roles and formations. Deimos had been far worse in his grieving, melancholy, and any other void he’d strived to slip into (menace, destruction, and treachery; familiar, primordial habits, vile, Stygian procedures and practices; a torturous, slow-sinking erosion). Perhaps in time, because of their youth, they’d find ways to cope.

He wasn’t one to give advice on those measures either – isolation and detachment were his fallback maneuvers and operations.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe was glad that Deimos wasn't terribly upset, and nodded silently to his assurances. She wouldn't bother him more, remaining quiet as she helped clean up the mud. Mostly, this consisted of following behind the boys to get the bits that they missed as they diligently completed their tasks. Only once their buckets were filled to the brim with the animated mess did they approach the Sword once more. Cormac, Rhett, and Jax each carefully set their buckets before him, seemingly covered in about as much mud as they had gotten into them. But that was a mess for Phoebe to deal with later. "Here you go, Mr. Deimos. I think we gotted it all." Cormac said dutifully, waiting for the much larger man to approve of their work to make up for the trouble they'd caused.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

It didn’t take long to fill his container, the vessel once hollow and empty, now holding wriggling masses of mud, striving to flow over the top of the brim, make their evasions and escapes. Luckily, the boys and Phoebe had seemingly finished theirs too, and the swing of his gaze settled upon the street, noting no other bounding formations. Perhaps they’d completed this aspect of their mission.

At their approach, he gave them his full attention, making careful claims to inspection, quiet, observant, noting a nod of approval to each child and his bucket. Their earlier trials, tribulations, and troubles had already been forgiven; little need for irritation or exasperation with minor mishaps and childish antics. Despite their mess, they’d accomplished their task, and deserved praise for their efforts. “Well done,” a gruff rumble, regard, esteem, and respect extended to the youths. “Now,” he paused, crouching down so he could meet them eye-level, resting his arms and hands across his thighs. “Can you use your strength to help me put the mud elsewhere?” He’d intended to toss the muck and mire out into the ether, somewhere else, out of the streets and domiciles, perhaps back into a forest, glade, or amidst some other puddle formations, where they belonged.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Cormac, Rhett, and Jax’s chests all puffed up with pride at the small praise Deimos gave them. It had been a long time since they’d had a consistent adult male in their life, and so his words meant more to them than it really was intended to. ”Yeah, we can help do that!” Cormac piped up, the clear ringleader of the brothers despite being on the quieter side. Phoebe smiled at them warmly, her own filled bucket held by the handle in her hands. While unfortunate circumstances had gotten them here, this was turning out to be a very good experience and interaction for the boys.
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

The General watched as the boys filled with pride, the slightest of snorts ricocheting from his chest. There’d been times in the Basin when he’d watched the children of their wintry world roam too – considering the parts and roles they played in the future. Much like Kiada, with her flames, with her demolition, with her upheaval and boiling, brewing insurrection, they set the stage for what sorts of adults they’d become. They still had a zest for life. A keen, raw energy, not buried or burrowed down by the overwhelming cataclysms of life – though, perhaps not these youths. They’d already experienced the devastation of loss. Whether or not they understood it, or could overcome it, would remain to be seen. Ghosts haunted for however long they were permitted.

The inclinations of a small smile etched their way along the corners of his mouth, and he rose from his crouch, grabbing hold of his bucket once more. A brief swing of his head, a nod, was all the indication they might need, require, or receive, making his way down the routes and streets until they reached outskirts, where they could launch the mud further and further away from the busy town.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
The boys followed eagerly, toddling along awkwardly behind Deimos with their filled up buckets. Phoebe smartly followed behind, collecting any bits of memory mud that the boys spilled while trying to keep up with the long-legged man. The buckets were quite heavy after all, and they could only lift them so high with their little arms, meaning they were in the way of their short legs. But they persisted, managing to make their way to the Outskirts with the General. They watched as the tossed his bucket of mud out and away from the town, and Auntie Phoebe did as well with seeming ease. But the boys would take some extra time, having to work together to throw all three buckets the way the adults did.

"Thank you for including us, Deimos." Phoebe said with a smile and nod towards the General. "Thank you Mr. Deimos!" the boys repeated in unison, big smiles on their muddy faces.

--FIN
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound