[seasonal event] drew herself to the surface
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
It wasn’t the first time Melita had pondered over the Voice’s capabilities, if Clementine, if her mother, if anyone dead and desecrated could suddenly be summoned here, alive and whole, given second, third, fourth chances. Beyond the hows, the whys, she wondered if it was even a fair call to make: remembering how Zekle had asked, had craved, had yearned for those deceased and perished to be reborn. She still had the scars to prove the disaster, the ruins, and the abominations. But hadn’t Lusea come back whole, if only for a short while? The inquiries and questions floated through her mind like a haze, and she fell into silence in their mulling, musing properties, eyes downcast, brow furrowed, until the subject altered, changed.

The smile at notions of experimentation seemed genuine enough; stopping time, making note of the name Kai in the back of her mind, animation, sorting out muscle responses, all done without anyone’s awareness (and that too – was something she could either accept or cringe upon). “Oh,” at first, wholly surprised, giving her more time to summon a less generic reply. “What have you discovered so far?” Though she was partially more intrigued by the magical abilities and properties, since she had neither – curiosity eternally compelled in various directions all at once.
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
OIA'I'O
"That many of the flora and fauna within the barrier have developed unique mutations and ways of adapting to the contained environment. It really is quite fascinating how things have changed in such a relatively short period of time." Three hundred or so years was long in some contexts, but for evolutionary matters, it was merely the blink of an eye.

"It is one of the reasons that creatures such as your companion have survived. Knowing that they do not have the tools to survive on their own, they allow the change in themselves to secure their futures." You shrug at this, to indicate that it's wild conjecture on your part (though in all honesty, it just looks like a shrug).

Coding base by Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
They’ve apparently discovered quite a few things – and Melita absorbed it as best she could, flora, fauna, mutations, adaptations, the way that humans sometimes strived to prevail, and had to change themselves in order to survive a newer, harsher world. The girl could understand those notations – she’d done it twice already. She indicated so with a nod, a pondering look in her eye, different from the occasional irreverent multitudes, or sharpened sedition. This was thoughtful, forcing her to remain calm, muse, mull, instead of slide off into the ether, awaiting some other disastrous plunge.

It made sense for the companions too – her gaze dropping to Fangorn once more, the one who’d endured – and how, why? Because he’d settled with her. Because he’d seen an opportunity and taken it, just as so many of them had. Rather than be slaughtered like the rest of his brethren, he’d hidden, tucked himself away, comprehended another method in the overall madness. “Do you think that’s what all of them have done? Like the little dragons, or luxere, that bond to others?” Needing another, just as much as their human required them?
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
OIA'I'O
"Yes. I have seen more dragons here with humans than anywhere else. Unicorns too." In the larger expanses of the world such powerful magical creatures could normally take care of themselves. Common companions were much more mundane in Caido-proper. "It is why they're smaller and typically possess fewer abilities than their wild counterparts."

For a moment you pause, considering. Seeming to have decided upon something you say: "My twin is working to create companions from things. He can already make rocks and things move. The next step is to make a life, though it will probably require bonding to keep it alive."

Coding base by Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
The notion of the magical creatures stirred memories of distant hazes, of leathery wings flying across horizons, of those granted and gifted with such wondrous companions. “We had dragons back where I’m from too.” Something lovely and familiar, in a world once so brutally strange. Perhaps they’d been identical, incapable of caring for themselves, needing someone stronger to guide and protect, and then doing the same for their bonded.

Another notion panged at her heart too, uncertain if it was pain or just glimmers of nostalgia, things she’d lost: the girl’s twin working on creating those connections amongst other things, the nonliving, rummaging along stones and rocks and various other materials. Like Zekle used to – maneuvering golems that followed, that played, that motioned through the air, animated pieces and portions of things that wouldn’t otherwise lift or dream. Her voice seemed inspired, wondering, pondering all the while, invested in the possibilities. “How would he make a rock come to life? Is there a magic actually like that?” Woefully ignorant of such things because she’d never had them, never relished in them beneath her skin, within her soul.
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
You'd think this would pique your interest, but it doesn't. The world Melita comes from is not your trouble and not something you can observe. Unless it proves to have a bearing upon this place, you've little space in your scattered thoughts to give it much space.

"It is magic, yes. He can give them sentience, at least for a little while. Things that are more prone to intelligence are easier for him to work with, but it is still possible with grass and rocks and things. Lower-level creatures like that are able to just follow his directions, rather than having a consciousness of their own." So yes, in effect, just like Zekle.

Coding base by Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
A light chuckle, though she wasn’t certain why she laughed at the description, at the way worlds shook and changed, and still settled remnants of familiarity into their atmospheres. It was a pang of heartache, of things and people and places left behind, behind, behind in the aftermath of death and damnation, makeshift families trying to find their roots, trying to settle, when everything sent their way was blasting, devastation imminent. “That will be something to see,” the girl offered quietly, her eyes gazing down at the mud, at the spring laurels, at the foundations of other things crackling and building. “I’m Melita, by the way,” thinking to offer her hand, to shake, but wondering if it was far too late, introductions should’ve been long before.
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
"Everything is something to see." You repeat automatically.

It's for the best that Melita doesn't offer her hand. Had she, you'd merely have recoiled a bit and then awkwardly shoved your own hand into hers. It's a custom Kai has told you about, but not one you understand. Animals who greet each other physically do so to show affection, or in some cases do it to learn things about the other. That human-animals do neither makes it all the stranger.

"Okay." You reply. She hasn't asked you your name after all and even had she, she probably wouldn't be able to pronounce it.

"I'd like to go now. Departure salutations." And, just like that, you turn to go.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!