Getting YEETED
Cassandra Kaito

Age: 23 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 3 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Cassandra
The portal spat her out sideways and three feet above the dirt below. In her heart, she knew only one thing: hitting the ground with her one-thousand-pound body was about to hurt like a bitch.

Until it didn't. She landed on the grass with a soft thud. Breathing a sigh of relief, she pushed herself into a sitting position, which felt oddly more comfortable than it usually did. She looked down at her hooves and...

WHAT?

After a moment, her confusion turned to happiness and a wide grin spread across her face.

"Did I just get shapeshifting powers? WICKED! Now how do I turn back?"

She'd been waiting years for this. While she'd been cursed with a deformed lung, her brother had been blessed with not one but two magics. Sure, shapeshifting into, uh... this wasn't nearly as cool as shapeshifting into a phoenix, but at least it was something! She'd have to brag to him about it if... No, Cassie. It's when. You'll tell him when you see him again.

She knew the drill at this point: get off your ass and find the nearby civilization (there always is one) before whatever horse-eating squirrel that lives near the portal eats you. (There's usually one of those, too.)

Securing the now-massive horse blanket she was wearing around her like a cloak, she got up on all fours, which felt extremely awkward, so she dropped to her knees. Like that, she started crawling along, grabbing any grass and vegetation that looked appetizing with her teeth as she went.

Code base by Skylark!

Hotaru if you want it
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HOTARU
She's not planning to make a stop at the Spire when she first departs from her store, but as she wanders past the ominous looking shadow in the distance Hotaru vacillates on whether she wants more of the scorched earth she had collected previously. It had held up well to her trials, and she was running rather low...

Of course, as fate or luck or some other cosmic force will have it, she's also in the right place at the right time to hear a young voice excitedly shouting. And well...she's nosey. And perhaps still a bit too in tune with her maternal instincts. Sweeping her long golden hair over her shoulder, she turns with a sigh - mostly at herself for never learning when to walk away - and goes venturing through the brush in the general direction of the voice she'd heard.

It's not exactly hard to find her the closer Hotaru gets to the Spire, though her cheeks immediately go pink with amusement and she stifles a laugh behind her hand. The girl is young, and barely passing for clothes, and eating grass. Hotaru can't really judge, the first time she'd been out in a human body had been almost as disorienting, and so she jogs forward to try and determine if that is the case here. Simultaneously pulling off her belt and traveling cloak, ready to help fashion something together to get the girl clothed.

"Hey there honey, can you sit up for me?" Step one: get her to stop eating grass. Then maybe she can explain why that's not exactly normal. Squatting down Hotaru smiles gently and one of her hands moves to tug the blanket over the girl's skin to conceal it better. "My name is Hotaru. What's yours?" At least she knows the girl can talk, what with her jovial shouting mere moments ago.
i was a child who only wanted to heal things
now i want to be an abomination
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Cassandra Kaito

Age: 23 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Cassie
Or Cassandra or Cass or Whatever

Cass looked up as a blonde woman ran over to her using just two of her limbs. Oh, is that how you're supposed to do it?

She wasn't sure why this lady was so insistent on getting her wrapped in a blanket. It wasn't exactly cold. Then again, she was hairless now, so maybe that changed things. She decided to just go with it, using one hand to keep her blanket secured around her while she sat like the woman requested.

My name is Hotaru. What's yours?

It couldn't be. Then again, they certainly did look alike, pink squishy limbs and all. However, yelling "MOM?!" to a random stranger was a great way to not get any help from the locals, so she tried something more subtle.

"I'm Cassandra. Have you by any chance seen a palomino named Galahad? Sixteen hands and a real pain in the ass? He's my brother. We got separated, and I need to find him."

Cassie held her breath as she waited for Hotaru's reply.

Code base by Skylark! Flowers by Pennyann on PicsArt
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
HOTARU
Hotaru smiles encouragingly as the young girl takes her directing, holding the cloth to her. It's imperfect but Hotaru has some clothes at home she can give the girl, not to mention she already has some on the rack in her shop that she'd be happy to supply to the newcomer. She's not normally so benevolent, but she has an undeniable soft spot for children, has to stop herself from reaching out to run her hands through the girl's hair and help untangle it.

The girl stares at her, wide eyed with piercing gray eyes that make something twist in her belly. Something that reminds her of when she'd been the one in this position, when Rexanna had found her and she had...

The girl speaks and Hotaru's entire world shifts on it's axis, sitting back hard and staring stupidly at the young girl. Even just her own name, but no...a palomino, her son's name falling from the girl's lips. Cassandra's - her Cassandra's - twin. And then she's reaching forward, eyes suddenly overflowing with tears. Because she had had so little time with her youngest daughter, but of course she hadn't forgotten her name, her eyes, her soul.

"Cassie," she chokes helplessly, even as her trembling lips break into a smile. "Cassandra oh gods it's you. You came from Helovia?" She can scarcely get the question off her tongue before she's opening her arms, settling her hands unsurely on her daughter's arms. Will she even remember Hotaru? Oh gods did she think Ru had abandoned her when the world had fallen to pieces? She's suddenly terrified of the potential of rejection, but her body language projects that if Cassandra comes to her, she will fold her up in her embrace and never let her go again.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Cassandra Kaito

Change author:
Cassandra

"Cassie?"

There it was. Cassandra's stomach clenched.

I'm a terrible daughter.

Hotaru was alive. The search was over, if Cass could even justify calling it a search. In truth, she worked harder to find lunch most days than she had to find Hotaru. See, the goal had never been to actually find her mother, but rather to deny that there was no point in searching.

If Cassie stopped looking, it meant Hotaru was gone. If Hotaru was gone, it meant she had chosen to go to Ru'in and Romina instead of through the portal to The Rift. Cassandra could still hear her mother's last words:

"Take me instead, please not like this."

The memory sent a shiver down her spine. That was the day her gods had abandoned her. Cassie searched for Hotaru because she couldn't live in a world where her mother, her valkyrie, had abandoned her too.

She fell into Hotaru's embrace, and it all spilled out.

"I'm so sorry. I doubted you, and I'm so sorry, Mom. I didn't come from Helovia. I came from one of the worlds after. Gal made it through the portal and so did Dad and I thought you left us and, and..."

Her words disintegrated into sobs. She was home.

Code base by Skylark!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
Cassandra - her daughter, her child, her baby - falls into her arms, and Hotaru bears her weight with the strength of mountains. Her hands come to cradle her daughter's head, her own tears spilling freely as she rocks the girl in her arms, a motion she never got to do. So many things she has missed, so much she has lost out on. But finally she has a chance to make it up, and she cries into Cassie's hair as her shoulders shake and she holds her so tight she's afraid she'll never be able to let go. Never again. She'll never let the girl so much as leave her sight, not when she has finally gotten her back.

The tidal wave of words that come spilling out is like lancing poising from a wound, and Hotaru shuts her eyes tight against the wave of grief that nearly sweeps her away at the mention of her lover and her youngest son. That she had never made it to the other side, that they might have thought...oh, she wishes she could take those last few minutes back. That she could turn to Cassandra and Gal and let them know that no matter her grief, her desire to avenge Romina and Ru'in, she would always love them. Always come back for them, no matter the distance or trials. And maybe she has finally been given a second chance, because her daughter is here. Safe and whole.

"Oh, Cassie," she weeps, voice breaking as a hand rises to cup the back of Cassandra's head and draw her closer. Noses into her hair and thanks the Gods for returning her precious treasure to her. "I would have never left you willingly, my love. I have been searching you for so long, through so many worlds. I never gave up on finding you. But now you're here." A shattered sound, some terrible mix of laugh and sob, comes tumbling from her lips. "You're here, honey. I've got you. I'm never letting you go again." The world will have to end a second time if it intends to take her daughter from her arms ever again.
Cassandra Kaito

Change author:
Cassie
Or Cassandra or Cass or Whatever

Cassie closed her eyes and breathed a sigh of relief, content for the moment to be cuddled by her mother. She'd do better this time around.

"I missed you," she said finally. What else was there to say? Through all the disasters in all the worlds, chance had reunited them in the middle of the fucking woods.

As the seconds ticked by, Cassie knew she ought to be reminiscing or thinking about their new future together, but one question kept coming to the front of her mind, proving itself very hard to ignore.

"Mom," she asked, what are we? And how do I turn back? I mean seriously, all the animals ever created and we get the primate version of a naked mole rat?"

Cassie opened and closed her fists, trying to get used to the sensation of her fingers moving. After a moment, she wrapped her arms around Hotaru and squeezed her tighter.

"I guess this part is okay, though."

Code base by Skylark! Flowers by Pennyann on PicsArt
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
Hotaru's tears slow as her smile strengthens, becoming more and more sure that this is not some cruel dream or illusion as time ticks on. "I missed you too, Cassie."  But there'd be no need for it now. Hotaru would be there at any given moment if Cassandra ever needed her. She'd open her home to her, and though she'll have to fight the desire to keep her eyes on her daughter at all times, she knows what it's like to be young and adventurous.

So long as she always comes home, Hotaru will be happy.

She laughs softly at her daughter's confusion, understanding just how disorienting it is to go from equine to human. When it had first happened to her she'd been stumbling around for months, unsure of her equilibrium. "We're called humans, Cass. There is no turning back, not unless you are a certain race, much like how the pegasi were born with wings. This is your main body now." Though she laughs, shaking with her mirth as she strokes a hand down Cassandra's back. "It's certainly a gross, cold body. But yes...it has its perks. And I'll show you as many as I can." As Cassie hugs her back she turns and presses a lingering kiss to her daughter's brow. Then she reluctantly pulls away, and smiles down at the young woman in her arms. "Now the first thing is we don't eat grass. At least not straight from the ground. And unfortunately we have to wear clothes, but lucky for you I have both of those at my home. Do you think you're ready to try standing?" Hotaru is content to remain there forever with Cassandra in her arms, but it's also important to get her properly fed and clothed. If someone leered ar her half naked daughter she'd probably end up murdering them on the spot, so it's more for the benefit of Caido at large than for Cassandra.
Cassandra Kaito

Change author:
Cassandra
"Wait, you're telling me I have to stay like this? Gross," she said, giving her weird, squishy feet a disapproving glance. Had she not just been reunited with her mom, that news would have put her in a mood for weeks.

Cassie continued to listen: "Now the first thing is we don't eat grass. At least not straight from the ground."

She furrowed her brow. No eating grass? Well there goes like 90% of my day, she thought. What the hell am I supposed to do with myself from now on?

No grass. Wear clothes. Stand up. The list wasn't all that bad, right? If she stood up, she and her mother could go home together, and home was something Cassie missed dearly. She nodded and began to shakily get to her feet. Though it took her a few tries and a bit of using Hotaru for balance, she eventually made it there. She had stood on her back legs before, after all, but usually only when she was using her front ones to kick somebody. Too bad her new forelimbs weren't equipped with stabby-rocks on the ends.

"Well, that could have gone worse. Lead the way, Mom."

Code base by Sky!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
"An unfortunate reality, but you'll come to appreciate other things we can do instead." Like how flexible they are as a whole, the use of hands, the greatly improved tastebuds, the ability to throw up instead of dying on the spot. It would take time, and persistence, but though Hotaru has missed out on the growth Cassandra has made since her birth, she knows that stubbornness runs on both sides of the girl's family. And even if she feels like giving up on this weak, human vessel she has found herself in, Hotaru will be there to help her and remind her of the good.

She assists her daughter in standing, keeping her arms outstretched and firm for Cassandra to hold onto or lean on as she stands. A proud smile warms Hotaru's face, and she places a gentle hand on her daughter's farthest hip, bracing her forearm against her lower back to help guide and stabilize. "See? Already getting the hang of it." And she begins to gently walk them back in the direction of the Sanctuary, content to take as much time as needed, to spend it close at her daughter's side. Cassandra would probably get sick of her eventually, but Hotaru needs to let herself have this for right now.