Mini Event De Rurum Natura
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe continued to take notes, writing down everything as close to verbatim as she could. This practice would be integral to developing better treatments. They needed to know what these diseases were, how they acted, and then finding their weaknesses to exploit and cure. So as Nate mentioned isolating the disease from the blood, and then growing more of it in a...culture (what sort of gruesome, blood-thirsty culture could a germ have?? she wasn't sure she really wanted to know...) her hand shot up, elbow locked.

"How exactly does one isolate the a germ from the rest of the cells within a blood sample? And what do you mean by grow in a culture? How is that developed so that there is enough to test but no so much that it spreads uncontrolled?" she asked, not intending to assault him with rapid fire questions but...curiosity was a wild beast sometimes.
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
There was silence, and for a moment Nate worries he’d been too technical, and had lost his audience. The scratching of writing gave him hope though, as did the force of Phoebes hand shooting up. Her barrage of questions left him surprised, his hands up in front of him like he was trying to calm a wild horse. It was all good natured, and bought him a moment to consider her questions, without getting even more complex and muddying his lesson.

”It’s actually fairly simple to isolate bacteria, but it does take time, and some materials we don’t have here yet. I can go over what we’d need for it, and then I can show you, and,” He turned to gesture towards the bulk of the class, keeping them involved, ”anyone else who’s interested.” Nate took a breath, and though of how to answer her next questions. This would be so much easier with examples. ”A culture is what you call a growth of germs. If you give them the right support, you can take germs out of the body and let them grow into large colonies, the cultures. From there, you separate each, and that is how you test them.”

Nate was beginning to hit his stride again, his words coming more confidently, and segueing them back into the lesson. ”Usually the culture is grown in small enough amounts, and in a controlled enough environment, that they don’t spread from where they are. But, there are things we can do to protect ourselves as well, in a medical environment, and in our usual environments.The most effective protection is simply keeping. Washing your hands and yourself frequently, but especially when you’ve been handling something that could contain bad germs. Animals, blood and dirt, even food can have bad germs on it. You also want to keep any tools you use on items like this clean. You want to use hot water and soap.”

“In a medical environment, you would work with masks, to prevent the spread of germs between you and the person you’re working on, or vice versa. Commonly you’ll wear gloves, and other protective clothing as well. And to keep surfaces clean, they should be metal, or glass. Surfaces that aren’t porous, and that are difficult to put marks into. This gives germs fewer places to cling to. There are some upgrades we’ll need to be making around here.”
Nate laughed, and hoped the last words landed as a joke.

”Does anyone have any questions about anything we’ve gone over so far?” He didn’t have too much more prepared, but wanted to cover as many blanks as he could while he was able to do so. If he needed to be more clear about anything, then he needed to be told that.
to be honest, I’m full of shit
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3