ruining the day we were born
For Sunjata
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren felt the guilt trickling out. Remi. The thought was accompanied by more than a bit of regret. He insisted I be honest with him and so I was, and told him about what you, me, and Lusea did. Flopping to the ground, he turned his head to gaze at the panther. Which is when Remi told me about Phoebe’s crush. The guilt flashed into annoyance before the summoner finally forced himself to let it go.

At the story, the Launceleyn’s amusement grew. Watching as Astra let out an excited bleat and started dancing as Haai crowed and danced as well, the summoner's heart grew lighter. Did it occur to you that maybe Haai was frightened upon hatching?
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
maybe i'll lie to you, maybe i'll play this role
maybe i'll act like my act is together
Remi.” Another sigh leaves the panther, a shake of his head, ears wavering and flickering uncertainly. Will he tell her? He didn’t know the Alchemist well, didn’t know whatever thing was going on between Loren and Remi, or had. All he knew is that his first meeting with the man was dropping a blighted Phoebe off on his doorstep, weeks after he and Phoebe had broken up. He can feel the guilt, the flash of annoyance, and it’s replicated in his own end of the bond. I mean, did we do anything wrong? We didn’t know she had a crush on you. He cringes internally as he thinks it. She… Still has feelings for me though, I think. Unless that had changed with the blight.

She’d asked him to choose her, and he hadn’t.

The antics of the companions draw his gaze, however, and Haai finds that she wants to get a bit higher of a sightline with the Luxere. Her wings spread and she takes a running jump, aiming to swoop above and land on the Luxere with a howl of excitement, hoping to nest within Astra’s long fur. I don't know. She felt pretty happy about it. Smug, as if she'd put him in his place.
maybe i'll cope with life without hope
maybe i'll open the door and fall through the floor
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Cocking his head to one side, Loren eventually shook his entire body. Probably. I know they’re close. His thoughts were clearly troubled, but there wasn’t anything they could do about it. Placing his paws over his nose, he closed his eyes. We didn’t. But we still probably should’ve considered her feelings. However, he wasn’t at all sure about that and the other man could probably tell.

The summoner head shot up and he gave Sunjata a slightly incredulous look, as much as a honey badger could. At least the Launceleyn’s mind conveyed that feeling. She does? Loren gave the panther an appraising look. We are...very different people. The summoner’s confusion was evident.

Standing up, he trotted over to affectionately bump his head against Sunjata’s leg. Has it occurred to you, then, that perhaps our companions are the ones in charge. It was obvious how fond he was of Astra, and it spilled over to his bond with both the panther and the luxere. For her part, as the griffin land on her back, Astra let out an excited bleat before breaking into a trot, making wide circles and quick turns.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
They were close, and his maw snaps shut as his ears press back down in his quiet frustration. How could they have considered her feelings when they didn’t know what they were? She broke it off with me when Lusea was here. It was my fault I went and slept with her while still blighted. He had given her ideas, doing that, and he shies away internally at the thought of the things he said, the things he did.

There’s a light sigh that leaves the panther at Loren’s question. A slight tilt to his head with it as well. It’s never been stated, but yeah, I think so. Of course, he doesn’t know it for sure. But there hadn’t been a denial of feelings on either of their ends, and it made things incredibly complicated. Especially now, as he tries to forget about it, to be different, to become his old self again. At the mention of Loren and him being different, it breaks through some of the frustration with mild amusement. That doesn’t mean anything. He stands then, lowering his head to the honey badger with bright steel eyes, roguish amusement shifting further down the bond. I’ve always sort of fit the label of the ‘bad boy’ that can be changed. A rumble from his throat as feline of a laugh as he can give. You’re not exactly that type. A wink.

He watches while Loren moves to bump his head against his leg, and Sunjata’s side twitches with the feeling, a large paw coming by to playfully pat the honey badger back. Unfortunately. He rumbles in quiet agreement that the companions are in charge. After all, Haai had got him here. After he’d chased after her multiple times into plenty of locations he didn’t want to be in. She seems entirely thrilled, however, settling in and holding on tight to Astra as the luxere runs in little circles, wings spread to feel the air beneath her feathers.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
The honey badger let out a little snarl, though Loren made sure to send along disagreement rather than anger. You weren’t in your right mind. You need to stop blaming yourself for that. Placing a paw on Sunjata’s leg, the summoner tried to send reassurance to the other man through their physical and mental links.

Amusement bloomed in the Launceleyn’s mind and he dropped his paw back to the ground. No, that’s my point. He gave the panther another toothy grin. We’re completely different, so it’s surprising to me that Phoebe would like both of us. I honestly can't see what would've drawn her to both of us. With one shoulder, Loren nudged Sunjata’s leg again.

Or at least, the summoner tried. Unfortunately, the leg was moving, and soon the panther’s paw was on the honey badger’s back. He wriggled around until he was laying on his back and the paw was on his stomach before he batted playfully at it with all four of his paws. A similar playfulness stole over Astea, who picked up the pace as soon as Haai spread her wings.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He senses Loren’s disagreement with his thoughts, and he shakes his large head to the other man. While they may disagree on that, there’s a certain feeling of uncertainty that shifts along the bond as he shuts his eyes momentarily with a light sigh, opening the steel to meet Loren’s again. I wasn’t, but I still told her that I loved her too. A pause, uncertain if the summoner knew that or not. I’m not entirely sure I didn’t mean it then. He can feel Loren’s paw on his leg, and he settles, laying down on his side, stretching his hind legs out.

Amusement is sent between the two of them after a moment, and his maw parts briefly at the badger’s toothy grin before he realizes what Loren’s getting at. His head cocks, ears perking forward. Loren’s shoulder bumps against his leg again, and he puffs a feline sigh, whiskers twitching as he lowers his head to the badger with a similar feeling to a shrug being sent. That’s true. It’s certainly not the height. He jests, sending more amusement. Consistency, maybe? Someone to care for that didn’t…. Have anyone else?” He doesn’t know, really, in the end.

His paw lifts however, aiming for the badger again before his paw meets Loren’s stomach and the badger kicks at him with all four paws, a hum of a purr leaving his throat, whiskers edging in a feline smile. He lets up a little on the pressure on the badger but replaces it with his head, blowing a breath of air over the creature with amusement. Haai continues to cling to Astra, little howls leaving her throat as she holds on and floats along the luxere’s back, gliding by her wings.
SuNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Loren breathed out, his paw stroking against the Sunjata’s fur. So? Again, you weren’t in your right mind. A little bit of stubbornness mixed with teasing affection underscored the next thought from the honey badger. I’ll keep telling you that until you believe it. The stroking picked up in intensity before the summoner curled up, side touching the panther’s leg.

However, he let out the mental equivalent of a sigh. Loneliness is a terrible foundation for a relationship, and just because two people are alone doesn’t mean they belong together. There was a ruefulness in his mind and body. It was banished, however, as the two of them mock wrestled while their companions played. Eventually, though, the Launceleyn wriggled his way out from under the other man’s paw. I should probably go see if anyone needs my help at home. Loren bumped Sunjata with his shoulder again. I’ll see you around. With that, the summoner shifted back into a human.

Giving Haai a cheerful grin, the Launceleyn approached the luxere and the griffin. ”We’ve got to go, Astra.” Astra trotted up easily enough, giving him a calculatedly pathetic look. He laughed, and rubbed her head, instantly transforming her sorrow into joy. Waving at Haai and the panther, the Launceleyn turned to go.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s a bit of an unwilling agreement, but Sunjata bobs his fuzzy head in agreement. Fair enough. He offers, resting in the idea that Loren was probably right. That he would continue to tell him that until the taller man believed it. He imagines he’ll be telling him that for a while, but doesn’t comment on it. Instead, only a light nod.

When Loren sighs next, Sunjata understands the feeling immensely, curling it around himself as if he can hold onto it despite their play wrestling. Where were you when I was young? He offers before letting the badger up, letting him wriggle out from beneath his wide paw. Don’t be a stranger. He offers before Loren shifts back, listening as he speaks to Astra and Haai, while the griffin regrettably releases the Luxere to swoop down and place herself along Sunjata’s stomach, curling up in the fur there.

And Sunjata’s tail waves in a sort of mock goodbye, before he lowers his head to the griffin and watches them go.
SuNJATA