Public Relations
For Rexanna
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
"Yes. As ugly as it may be, it is best for us to see just what the problem we are facing is." Bastien suspected if he did do his art piece as planned, it would reveal the true depth of a lot of peoples opinions on this slowly growing divide - which would help them to see just how fragile it all was.

Did he think the art would increase the divide? Maybe. But that was the risk one always took.

Pittore curled up in Rexanna's arms, fiddling aimlessly with the yarn, seemingly happy from his little quiet mumbles. Bastien considered her words, thinking over the Abandoned he knew. He realised with some surprise he did not actually seem to know that many, but he was at least aware of Remi, whom he had never really known to pick sides in political battles like this, at least not as strongly as Bastien felt they needed for any kind of alliance. "Do you have any Abandoned in mind who would speak with us? How would we convince them we were not merely trying to convert?"
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
i'm tired of the weight of mortality, i want to tear it from my veins
until i bleed silver and gold
She bobs her head in quiet agreement to Bastien, a small smile managing to find its way onto her face, head tilting lightly as she considers the thoughts. It would be ugly, but it wouldn’t be prolonged. It was like a band-aid, and it was far easier to handle if ripped off quickly than to pull it inch by inch like it felt like the world was doing time and time again.

She holds Pittore close to her chest in her lap, listening to the quiet mumbles and smiling softly at it before she focuses on Bastien again, a question that takes her a few moments to contemplate. “There’s Deimos.” She says at first. “He’d hopefully understand the explanation of everything. He’s… Dating the Shield of Safrin, however, so it wouldn’t be considered trying to convert.” A shrug. “Hotaru, of course. Uh, maybe Loren?” She lists through all of her friends, family, those closest to her.

Even if none of them listened, she knew Hotaru would at least consider the words, that the woman beneath her new body, aligned on the opposite side of the gods than most, was still the same. “Peter would be willing to listen I think.” biting down on her lower lip she tilts her head again. “Remi.” Because he had gone out there with them in the shadowed night, the Longest Night, to fight off the demons that took her eyes, that removed Samuel’s fingers.
maybe one day they'll chant our names
and name galaxies after us, and we too shall be eternal
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Deimos...I do not know the man well. In fact, I am not sure if we have ever spoken..." He tapped at his lip with the wooden handle of his brush as he thought back over the last year and a half; so much had happened it was sometimes hard to even remember who had met in the chaotic flood of life in Caido.

Dating the 'Shield of Safrin', though... "Mmm...perhaps it's best you do not mention me too much when speaking with anyone that worships Safrin." He laughed a little, though he did mean it seriously. There was no point hurting their chances with a reminder of his ill-ended 'church' venture.

He had not considered Hotaru so nodded at her name, did not know Loren to say either way. "Do you think Remi would want to? Given he is married to a man that was not just given a title by Safrin, but a whole new life. I cannot imagine he would choose us over his beloved if it came to that - I don't think he should, of course."
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
Bastien’s thoughts on Deimos reach her and she nods absentmindedly toward him. “I’m not sure how he feels about the Ascension aspect… But he knows me. He trusts me because of who I am, not what race I am. Which is the point, isn’t it?” A thoughtful look crosses her face as she tilts her head in contemplation. “The church of Safrin secret is safe with me.” She offers to her lover, her husband with a quiet snort and a small brilliant smile.

Besides, with everything going on? Did anyone even remember it in the end?

She lists out other names, too, and waits to see what he has to say. It isn’t until she stops at Remi’s name that Bastien does pipe up, and she nods. “He would listen.” She thinks he will anyway. “He was there with the whole LongNight events. If he didn’t trust the Ascended, don’t you think he wouldn’t have come? If he held some sort of grudge against us for the blight and the Spire Demon that killed Ronin?” Besides, something within her doesn’t imagine Remi even truly can hold a grudge.

But who is she to judge?
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"Yes, you are right. I may be growing overly wary." Bastien sighed, looking over to Rexanna, watching her for the moment instead of his painting, wishing he could keep her there on his couch forever, safe and in his view. "..I just...with all that is happening, if this is to be a concern too, I want us to have the upper hand. To kickstart the events. So that we can be in control - and so that I can at least try to protect you, cara."

He had always promised, to both Rexanna and himself, that he would never become the kind of spouse to hold someone back; after all he had sneered at marriage for many years because he felt that was how it inevitably ended, but with Rexanna growing hurt so much, he was struggling with wanting to keep her inside forever. To not have her go out and speak to people who could take any offence at their race or Goddess.

"I'm not sure if he trusts the Ascended, rather that he cares for Samuel. They did have a relationship at some point, I believe." Bastien did not think Remi was of bad spirit or particularly their enemy, but he was not sure he was an ally either. "By all means we can speak to him and see what he says. But if it comes to Old Gods against the new, it is clear to me that he would choose his husband and by extension, Safrin. It would not need to be anything to do with a grudge."
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
His omission is beautiful to her ears – where once she had been married to a man that had believed she’d lied to him when she had no recollection of her birth, of who she was, of who she was pretending to be, to have been tied down and branded and tortured; to go to this wonderful opposite, she can’t help but to understand where he’s coming from and it warms something deep within her as she nods to him – unable to see his gaze on her but smiling softly to herself at his concerns. “I agree.” She begins thoughtfully. “I’m sorry I keep getting into these messes. I suppose I just attract the danger.” It begins somewhat amused before it falters to a bit more seriousness. “I’m sorry for the stress I’ve put you through.

She knows it isn’t easy for him to see her this way, for her to go off randomly and return in broken pieces, missing parts, not whole or bright, or how she had always hoped to be for him.

As he mentions Remi, though, and his relation to Samuel, Rexanna nods in understanding too. “He trusts me, though, too.” She offers quietly, thoughtfully as well. “I was there when he was cursed by Frey. He was the first person I met here aside from Deimos.” He had been her friend, her first forged one despite the many other people that had arrived at a similar time – Bastien included. But he continues on and she nods in understanding too. “I would choose you too, if the roles were reversed.” She frowns lightly, but she isn’t Remi. She can’t make that call.

She only knows what she would do. And it puts them right back in this same circle of thoughts, wonders, metaphors, possibilities. Around and around again.
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"I know. In a way, it is why I married you. Well. Not because you always seem to be hurt - but because you do not turn your face from danger when you know there is justice to be done. It is a bravery I see and admire very much." This was true, though Bastien's voice was sad. She was brave and he was proud, but her bravery resulted in crushed ribs, absent eyes; he both hated and loved that she could so willingly throw herself before the world when she needed to.

Musings on Remi were ultimately pointless, as neither of them knew what he would do. The Alchemist was one of the most unpredictable people Bastien had ever known. Still, he grinned as Rexanna told him she would choose him; something he had already hoped he'd known. "And I you, of course."

From Rexanna's lap where he had ended up curled and snoring, Pittore stretched, making a squeak that was decidedly cranky for not being in bed yet. "Perhaps it is time we go up for the night." Bastien said, making a last few marks on his canvas before stepping back to leave it for now. He picked Pittore up and placed the little Gremlin down on what had become his makeshift bed, a little den made of canvases and pillows at the back of the room. "Goodnight, Pittore."

Going to take Rexanna's hands as he crossed back into the main area, he kissed her knuckles then her lips, sweet and soft. "Come. All this will still be here tomorrow."

end~
BASTIEN