Mini Event De Rurum Natura
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
The day had finally come. His teaching debut. Nate had spent more time preparing for this than he had pretty much anything else, not that it stopped him being nervous. He arrived at the medical college as early as he could manage, before the sun was even up, and had been in the lecture hall since, organizing papers and notes and ensuring he was prepared. There were even preparations for things he might not be able to do, the microlens out and sitting on his table, a sample already set up, if they got the chance to use it. He really should talk to Phoebe about looking into some kind of projector for the device.

Nate had no idea what to expect, so he tried to simply relax, and not psych himself out. He’d done plenty without feeling ready for it, this was just one more thing. Probably. Hopefully. With all the extra time he had, he was getting antsy, and tried doing laps of the hall, at least until it grew closer to a reasonable starting time. Had he even put a starting time on his notice?

Getting all worked up was pointless. He decided to try to do something a little more productive, and wait by the door of the college, so he could greet anyone who came in, and direct them to the lecture hall. It seemed like a fairly professional way to make a good first impression. And a good way to actually meet who he was teaching. If people actually showed up, that is.

This is a mini event to teach about basic germ theory. There is no limit to how many people can join. I will try to have this update within 48hrs.
to be honest, I’m full of shit
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe made a point to show up. It had taken a lot of coaxing to get Nate to engage with the college, and she wasn't about to let that hard work go to waste. They needed his knowledge to grow. And though she did not arrive nearly as early as he did, she was early enough to be the first to arrive. The triplets were in tow, but well prepared to sit quietly with little activity books their Auntie had maded for them.

"Everything will be fine Nate. Breathe." the Dean whispered to the Professor as she entered, smiling at him warmly. The boys scurried to seats at the back of the lecture hall, and Phoebe took a spot closer to the front, notebook in hand. Pim sat back with the boys, being Phoebe's eyes and ears incase the children began to act up.
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
Sam arrived invisible, nervously eyeing Phoebe as he walked to the back of the room. He hardly expected the usually meek woman to hurt him, but after the assigning of portal roles...it suddenly felt as if he'd gained 4 potential enemies. It was hard to trust anything.

But this was important to Nate, so he wanted to be there. He had told him that he'd be at the back invisible, so the man did not expect to see him. Still, hopefully it would help Nate to know his presence was there. Arriving at the back he leaned against the wall, hoping to stay out of the way as people made their way into seats. Who would come, he wondered? Would Nate's proximity to him, his Ascension, make him and his teachings less popular?

He wished he was back a year or so, when this could have just been a class and not anything more. But the world was complicated now and his life had gone along with it; with a sigh he sunk down to sit on the floor, the only indication of his presence a little thumping noise as he hit the ground. At least he could try and lose himself in Nate's words, even if he did not fully understand them.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
you can never step in the same river twice
"I just don't understand why it can't be outside." You protest as Kai drags you into the theatre. "They just had a week of solid darkness and a season of snow. Now life is blooming all around them, and still they stay inside?" You glance around at the clinical atmosphere, and while it matches your mental state, it certainly doesn't put you at ease.

You hate being inside. But you like learning. And you have a job to do. And Kai wants to go, rendering your preferences on the matter sufficiently swamped.

Still, you're not pleased.

Snapping your fingers as you enter the lecture room as a means of judging how far you can sit from the speaker while still retaining acoustic integrity, you eventually find an empty row and sit yourself down.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
As Loren entered, he saw an unfamiliar man by the door. Grinning, the Launceleyn held out his hand. "Hello there. You must be Doctor Wren. I'm Loren." Then the corner of his lips quirked up. "Or your only official student, whichever you prefer." His voice was friendly enough, as was his expression.

Then the summoner proceeded into the room cautiously, eyes peeled for any sign of Phoebe. When Loren saw the Dean, he hesitated, before offering a tentative smile. However, his eyes quickly pegged the other people in the room, and he bit his lip. Shaking his head, the summoner smiled at the triplets. Then the Launceleyn made his way to the center of the room and settled at one of the many empty desks. He pulled out his journal, ink, and a quill and settled in for the lesson.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
you may say that i'm a dreamer
You shake your head at Oia sympathetically, also not understanding why they would choose such an unpleasant place for such a pleasant activity. You try not to focus too hard on the straight edges and hard lines, the unnatural cleanliness of it and the way it all smells dead. Instead you focus on Oia's hand in yours, keeping yourself calm so she is, too, as you find a spot near the back of the room from which to listen to the lecture.

Looking rather pointedly out of place as you perch upon your chair, you try not to tap your fingers on the desk too loudly. You are entirely unequipped with any sort of notebook or writing utensil, but you trust Oia to record every word said verbatim: you've always been more of a visual learner, anyway, and for someone so air-headed your memory is remarkably reliable.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
but those pretty little eyes were so full of lies
and you said i couldn't save you
She’d read the notice board, recalling the name and remembering the event over LongNight when she had sought out some basic ideas of learning some field first aid. And he had done well, despite their short time. She’d surprised him, and she’d learned quite a bit in that initial meeting. So she makes it a point to attend, making her way to the college for the lesson, a small notebook and a piece of charcoal to take notes.

She supposes since she’s got to figure out the whole Monster Hunter’s Guild situation, too, that learning anything she can might help benefit it in some way. She’s not sure how, but it can’t hurt, can it? So she slips in after the rest of them, finding a spot somewhere in the middle to listen and take notes, to see. And she waits, icy gaze lifting to try and see where they begin.
but i still tried
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Change author:
MP: 2580
it is both a blessing and a curse, to feel everything so very deeply
Ever interested in learning all she can, Amalia arrives without much fanfare, slipping into the steadily filling room with her journal and quill tight in hand.

She spots Kiada in the small crowd and smiles in quiet relief, finding a vacant seat beside the Harpy and quickly claiming it for her own. She is not sure what is meant by germ theory, but is eager to discover more about the natural world - and, in truth, the distraction is a welcome one. Learning about things smaller than the eye can see seems infinitely safer than dwelling on the monumental changes recently set upon her, the roles and responsibilities she cannot fathom, the task she has been given. No, better to think about the small and invisible, let herself get lost in details, at least for a day. Maybe it will help her see her own concerns more clearly.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
As people begin to file into the room, an easy smile comes to Nate’s face, no trace of his nervousness showing. Teaching might be new to him, but speaking was a skill he prides himself in, and the first rule of talking is to never let on when you’re lost. Though Phoebes smile and advice do help just the slightest bit.

Only one of the group introduces themselves to him, offering a hand that Nate accepts warmly, his grip strong but still friendly. ”Pleasure to meet you Loren. Please though, just call me Nate.” He didn’t need to feel old prematurely, after all. His gaze follows Loren while he goes to sit, then turns back to the door, offering muted greetings, and eavesdropping on the snippets of conversation he caught. When the trickle of people slowed to nothing, Nate stepped down the stairs, clapping his hands loudly as he went, and turning on his heel when he was in front of the desk. He took a moment to look over the gathered faces, recognizing a few, but glad to see everyone.

”Alright.” He called, making sure he was speaking loudly enough to be heard in the back, where he hoped there was one extra body listening in. ”Welcome to an introduction to germs, and the germ theory. My first class.” Nate was trying to stay animated at the front, pacing back and forth. ”Now, I’m not here to assume I know more than you, or to tell you the way you’ve been doing things is wrong.” This was specifically directed at any naturals, but it worked for anyone else as well. He just didn’t want to step on any toes before he even started anything.

There is a pause while he thinks back on his notes, but it’s only a moment before he’s speaking again. ”So what I’m going to be going over is what’s commonly accepted where I’m from, because it’s demonstrable, and there’s a clear set of rules for how it works, and how to classify things under it. But before we get into examples, and classifications, we need to actually go over what a germ is.” He was hoping that this would be helpful whether it was all new information, of simply a refresher.

”Now, germ refers to any kind of small, organic creature that can cause disease when it’s introduced into a human body. They are small enough that they’re invisible to the naked eye, but they can be anywhere, and can survive for a long time outside of their ideal environment. The other thing about germs is that they can be transferred very easily. If you’ve ever sneezed into your hand, then touched something else, you’ve moved the germs from your hand to whatever you’ve touched. Everyone understand so far?” There was no reason in getting too far along if he didn’t check in now and then.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Doctor Wren—or Nate, rather—seemed friendly enough, and Loren gave the other man a nod in acknowledgement. Then the professor began speaking and the summoner started scribbling rapidly in his journal, trying to take down every word. If anyone looked, they'd find the notes incomprehensible, written as they were in a shorthand of the Launceleyn's own devising.

When Nate paused, Loren glanced up, then looked around the room. Biting his lip, he waited for a brief moment, then tried to catch the other man's eye. If he was successful, the summoner would give an encouraging nod. Then he would bend forward, quill poised over the page once more.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Change author:
you may say that i'm a dreamer
You nod along as the doctor man speaks, agreeing with his assessment. These are all things you know, things you learned growing up instead of how to be good at social interactions. The transfer of germs, that they're everywhere, that they're tiny. Incredibly impressive, if anyone asked you, which they rarely do.

And so you answer his question brightly, your voice loud and enthusiastic from your place in the back of the room. "YUP!"
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
but those pretty little eyes were so full of lies
and you said i couldn't save you
She doesn’t expect anyone to sit beside her, but her head tilts toward the one that does deign to move beside her – smiling softly at Amalia as she takes a seat. The Harpy’s hand reaches out, touching her arm gently in quiet greeting before Nate begins his meeting, eyes watching him then with interest, a spark of intrigue crossing her face. She’s never heard of a germ before, never heard of anything that could be so incredibly small that they can’t be seen with the naked eye. And she wonders if perhaps that accounts for other forms, avian and feline alike. But she doesn’t ask.

Instead, she can hear someone in the back shout a yes, and while it all makes sense she logs some of the questions in the back of her mind for later when he may or may not open it up for discussion, and she nods her head along in quiet agreement.
but i still tried
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
Phoebe's notes, which she took at a furious rate, were twofold. One on the subject, which she found utterly fascinating, and one on Nate's teaching style. So far he was very clear, easy to understand and follow along, so she had no criticism to give. He had just started though so things could change. As for the subject matter... she had begun to catch onto this sort of thing from watching the cells she studied and from observing the blight, but she hadn't put a real name to it. Germ...the individual, microlensic things that caused illness. The way in which they spread had major implications for how they all functioned in regards to health practice too. As he asked if everyone followed along, she simply nodded, still taking notes. The enthusiastic shout from the back did make her smile though.
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Nate let his grin grow wider for a moment as he saw nods all around the room, and heard the enthusiastic shout. It made sense, he supposed. People would only come if they were interested, if they wanted to learn what he had to teach, so of course everyone would be following along. And since everyone was following along so far, he continued.

”Now, only specific germs cause specific illnesses, and each type of germ may reproduce and spread slightly differently, which can make them difficult to categorize, or even discover in the first place, as not every ailment is caused by germs. There are four guidelines for determining if a specific germ causes a specific condition.” Nate paused to swallow, and keep his mouth from getting too dry. He wasn’t used to talking this loud or long about things, and his jaw was beginning to ache. ”These four guidelines can be a little confusing, so please, just raise a hand and stop me if anyone needs any more explanation.”

“First, the suspected germ must be found in abundance in an infected subject. This requires one to get a sample of blood, and look at it through a microscope, or micro lens.”
Nate reached out to pat the mechanical wonder on the desk beside him, then continued. ”Now of course, this will mean you need a healthy sample of blood to compare it to, preferably more than one, as there is a chance that a subject could carry a disease, and it’s germs, without suffering any of the effects of it. Then, second, the suspected germ must be isolated, and allowed to grow and multiply in a controlled environment, a culture. Third, germs from that controlled culture must be introduced into a healthy subject, and they must cause the suspected disease in that subject. And finally, one must be able to isolate the germs from the newly infected person and compare them to the original infection, to see if they match.”

“Please, keep in mind these are only guidelines, and are not always possible to do for every germ or disease that may come up. Just because it doesn’t follow these exact steps doesn’t mean it isn’t a germ, or a disease caused by a germ.”
Nate knew he had been rather technical, and paused again, to give his students a moment to digest, and think about any questions they might have before he moved on.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3