Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i am singing now while rome burns // we are all just trying to be holy
The mention that there’s really nothing she can do to help, Rexanna nods in agreement with that. Especially the longer statements, the idea that they can’t guess what’s going to happen, has far more truth to it than she wants to admit. So instead, she remains silent, listening while she gives her admission. “They’ll fall where they will regardless, I think.” She admits quietly – they had for her and her own reign, they had for every other one that came before it. A judge, a jury, and in the end? An executioner. She only hopes the list ends at the jury, for her friend – for her sister’s sake.

But there’s more news, and her head lifts toward Wessex in surprise and awe as she mentions that the portal opened the Voice appeared. A brighter grin crosses her face and she reaches for Wessex again to give her a tight hug. Bastien’s question is aired and she waits for the response before cheering to Wessex in her own quiet, bright way. “That’s amazing, Wessex! Congratulations.” Because she’d proven herself, proven her worth – and what was better than that? “Tell us everything.” She can’t see the look on Bastien’s face, but she can feel the tensing of his hand, and she leans back then into him gently, raising her hand to rest along his arm.
rexanna

Coding base by Odd!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
It’s weird. Wessex doesn’t really brag that much, she isn’t that kind of person. Oh, she can enumerate her strengths and weaknesses in a logical fashion and she can teach and she can tactlessly insist that she has the superior set of skills when she knows she does - but this sort of divine benediction is utterly foreign. And her group of well-wishers is likely to be rather small. “It is amazing. Unexpected. And probably to level the playing field as much as bestow an honor. There are other demi-gods running around now.” That in and of itself blows her mind. They’d never had anything other than Safrin, Frey, and Ludo around.

Children of Gods and people lifted up by the Gods were unheard of, and now they’re flooded with them. It’s amazing. It’s heresy for some, it’s… making life so much more interesting than her previous thirty-nine years. Speaking of - back to abilities. The Wraith nods, adding “Yeah, two new abilities” for Rex’s benefit. “I don’t know if they’re divine, but it’s fucking cool.” Without hesitation, she blinks out of sight, and a second later, they’ll hear a knock on the door, before Wessex comes back into the guildhall again.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Bastien
Rexanna placed a hand on his arm and Bastien relaxed just a little, trying to remind himself that just because Wessex had had this chance, did not mean he wouldn't. Perhaps this could be more a vision into his potential future than a glimpse at a rival. To that end, he listened interested to what Wessex had to say.

He took his hand away from Rexanna's back to clap excitedly as Wessex reappeared through the door, thinking what a fantastic magic show it would make (this was often Bastien's reaction when confronted with the miracle of magic. He was, in the end, a performer above all else). "Amazing! And what is the second?"

What God doesn't give to you
You've got to go and get for yourself
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
Rexanna surprisingly doesn’t mind bragging – it makes her happy for her friends, it helps her know what her enemies value most, it helps to prove and find weaknesses, and yet Rexanna rarely brags about her own unless she’s commenting that she’s Abandoned and Ascended, a combination of the two of them. But it’s also well known information, nothing secretive, nothing hidden beneath her skin. She listens while Wessex begins to speak, mentioning that there are other demi-gods running around, and her head tilts curiously. “Are there?” She hasn’t seen, hasn’t gone out enough to see.

But she remains quiet while Wessex begins to mention she’s gotten two abilities, head lifted to view the location of her friend in curiosity, a quiet chimed laugh at the mention that it’s fucking cool, before she doesn’t notice anything happen. She can’t see at least, but she can feel the pressure on the couch shift as though Wessex is no longer there, as if she’s gotten up from the couch. She can hear the knock on the door, and her brows furrow together, head turning toward the door. “Wait, what happened?” She asks with a quiet amusement, the ghost of a smile along her face as she waits for someone to explain what the hell just happened.
rexanna

Coding base by Odd!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
“There’s at least one - a daughter of Mort. Wouldn’t be surprised if there are others.” Delphia’s appearance made her re-think a lot of things, most of which helped cement her opinion (like it wasn’t already firmly there) that the Old Gods had rewritten history in their favor. They’d lost so much information while in the damn bubble, lost knowledge of other lands, of the children of deities and their prevalence, the history of the differing peoples within Caido. And they called it good, necessary, the kind of evil - nay, genocide - that could be justified. And then they’d turned everyone else against the New Gods, too.

What fucked up standards. But back to her new abilities.

Wessex moves back to the pair on the couch. “Aw, fuck, sorry Rex. I can teleport. I just popped back outside the door again. As for the second -” frowning ever so slightly, because this one she hasn’t practiced and playing with fire is risky AF around the three of them. “Can you make something for us? Doesn’t matter what. I just need some magic.”
No, I’ll be the stone
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Bastien
"The Gods are having children now? Oh Dio Mio, I hope there is mercy for us all when they are teenagers." Basten joked, though it was actually a concern. The more Gods there were, little or no, the more chances for Divine trouble to occur around their lives.

Realising Rexanna had not seen the trick (he was so often prepared to guide her, to explain things, but he was human - sometimes he could forget) he opened his mouth to tell her, but Wessex came in before he could. Then there was a favour asked; he looked to Rexanna to see what she would say, unsure if she had the strength to make magical items at the moment. He didn't doubt she would do it, just whether she should.

To that end, he touched her arm gently and mumbled: "Do not do anything that might make your current situation worse, love."

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Listening to Wessex, and then Bastien’s own joke at the end has a smile blooming across her face with a quiet snort, amused by the joke and the surprise at other demigods in the world around them. Perhaps she’ll meet one, one day. Perhaps she won’t. But it’s at least helpful information to find out about before she’s taken by surprise by one of them.

But before long, Wessex has disappeared and Rexanna has absolutely zero idea what’s going on until Wessex returns, explaining what she’d done and Rexanna’s lips curve into a small “oh” kind of action. “That’s handy!” She says in surprise, excited for her eyes so she can see it happen, see it in action so to speak. But then Wessex asks for something made, and Bastien’s quiet concern hits her, she leans back lightly against Bastien’s hand with a smile.

I feel fine, love, I just can’t see.” She tells him, aiming to squeeze his arm with the truthfulness of it. She wasn’t tired anymore, wasn’t exhausted and broken. Everything had been fixed aside from her eyes. And she opens her hands, palms up, a golden red glow beginning between her hands as she makes a square of cloth, as if it’s a napkin of sorts before she raises the dark purple fabric toward Wessex wherever she’s settled. “What does the second one do?” She asks curiously.
rexanna

Coding base by Odd!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
She, too, reacts to Bastien’s joke with a small chuckle. Demi-god children were previously unknown to them, anything could happen and she wouldn’t necessarily be surprised. Life just gets more and more interesting the further abroad they go, and though it presents new challenges, Wessex doesn’t hate it.

Remaining quiet whilst the couple navigate what she perceives as overstepping and drama, she waits until Rex does her thing and then takes the piece of cloth. “Thank you.” It isn’t the cloth itself she needs, just the expense of magical energy. She can feel it, and somehow… reaches out for it, similarly to the way she can feel when there’s magic in her veins. Concentrating on making a simple metal fork, her brow furrows and her concentration goes both inward and outward at the same time until light glows in her hands, too, and a three-tined, shiny fork appears.

With a little noise of satisfaction, she holds it up for Bastien to see. “I made a fork! For your napkin." A laugh, realizing how silly and excited she sounds.  "I seem to be able to… copy magic when it’s used near me. So I don’t have to necessarily drink.”
No, I’ll be the stone
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

Bastien
"..Yes, of course." Bastien sighed, knowing he was probably being too protective. It hurt his heart to have Rexanna go out into the world blind as well as with her preposterously bad luck, but he could not hold her back.

At first as Wessex created the fork Bastien frowned, not quite understanding the significance of it. After all, he had seen many people in Caido use creation magic, enough so that it had become almost old at this point. Then though, Wessex spoke and he suddenly realise that she had used it without drinking, just as she said by 'copying'. "Ah! That will be useful - the ability to turn a potential enemies trick right back against him. Or perhaps just make forks...and who was the fork-making magician whom you stole this trick from?"

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Bastien’s quiet sigh and admission grants another gentle squeeze from her before she creates the cloth and hands it to Wessex. She can’t see the magic performed, but a brilliant smile cascades over her face as Wessex explains. A fork for the napkin, a copied magic. She hums thoughtfully under her breath before she snorts in response to Bastien’s intrigue.

She waits for Wessex to explain before she reaches for the fork, a smile on her face. “Try this one!” She says, transmuting the fork to add intricate details, to change it ever so slightly but keep the core remained the same, wondering if Wessex will change the type of fabric of the napkin or the colors. How wonderful it must be to have such an ability, how handy it is.

This is amazing, Wessex!” She chimes eventually, a bright fanged smile crossing her face.
rexanna

Coding base by Odd!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
“Exactly. Or, be able to help without draining blood and energy.” She can literally fight fire with fire (or stop it, in this case), stop herself from falling into crevices, and Goddess only knows what else. It’s weak right now, needing a lot of practice to grow stronger and be able to use with precision. Wessex has never been a magic user; she’s relied solely on her own strengths and innovations or the graces of others. Those inherent parts of her can’t be taken away, can’t be lost, unlike everything else in her life. Even with the possibilities available to her now, she can’t see a future where she stops being bull-headedly - no, dogmatically - self-reliant. Everything just becomes… a little bit easier.

Some part of her, deep down, fears it’ll be taken away. Not because she doesn’t trust the Voice, but because all good things leave in the end. People change; they die, or are… defeated.

She gives Bastien a look. Did he not understand that she’d taken the magic from the only Abandoned nearby? “It’s from Rex, obviously.” And as the mage begins to use a different kind magic on the fork, Wessex feels it in the air around her, pulls at the energy, and concentrates on the napkin. It begins to turn more crinkly and less-opaque, until the piece of cloth has been turned into a floaty piece of gauzy material. With a satisfied smile, she places it in Rex’s hand to demonstrate the change. “That’s harder than it looks.”

After a moment, Wessex grows surprisingly serious. “If you could keep this change a secret for a bit, I’d appreciate it. I’ll tell others when I’m ready.”
No, I’ll be the stone
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:

Bastien
Oh. Bastien laughed at his own silly mistake. He still had to bend his mind sometimes to think about magic and given he'd never seen Rexanna use her power on forks, he had not associated it with her. "Oh, I see. You must forgive me - I come from a world where this would be absolute fantasy."

At least there had been a very good understanding of secrets in Venice. "Do not worry. None shall know by my lips." He mimed a key against his mouth, promising his silence.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She’s still delighted when she feels the fabric that Wessex has changed, used her transmutation magic to do it. And a thought hits her briefly before Wessex asks them to keep it a secret for a bit, nodding excitedly. “Of course. Thanks for sharing it with us.” She says lightly, smile still bright as her fingers dance along the crinkled fabric in her small amount of awe and surprise.

She realizes soon that it’s the only way that someone could use her magic – to copy, because now that she doesn’t have blood, she doesn’t have the same kind of dna as before, that nobody can take her magic from her again. Bastien couldn’t take the magic, and so far since her Ascension, Wessex had been the only one able to do what she could. It’s a helpful thought, a wonderful addition, and she finds that she’s incredibly happy with the results of the night and the secrets granted from her Ascended sister.
rexanna

Coding base by Odd!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
“Thank you,” Wessex says with a small smile. “For the practice, too.” Feeling like she’s already kept the couple longer than usual (in reality she probably hasn’t, but Wessex isn’t used to long visits with people), she stands up. “All this - it’s not just for me. It’s to protect us. We don’t know where the cards will land, but… between Ludo trying to kill the Ascended and Jigano trying to kill me, in front of the Voice, no less - I think there’s going to be a fight ahead of us.”

So it turns out she’s brought bad news anyway, in a roundabout way. Not of her own misdeeds, but of something more ominous. And that she’s there for them, no matter what happens.
No, I’ll be the stone