[SE] stuck in the muck
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Now that he’d been blessed by Frey, Loren had been making a habit of making regular prayers and leaving regular offerings for the god. Although the Temple probably would’ve sufficed, now that the weather had turned much nicer, he’d made a habit of going to the shrine in the Glade. Once he’d finished that task, he’d decided that the day was too nice to head back indoors. So he’d made his way to the Oasis and shifted.

He’d run a few laps around the pool, delighting in the newness and strength of his form. However, he soon grew tired, and lay on the ground, simply basking in the sun. It was entirely possible he’d dozed off for a bit, because the next thing he knew, he’d sunk into one of those damned piles of mud that seemed to be everywhere. Panicking, he started thrashing, which just made him stuck worse. Help! The call was broadcast to any Attuned that might be in range.

Amalia
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
meet me where the falling stars live
Amalia has always been a frequent visitor of the Oasis, but now that she can both swim without concern and on water her enjoyment of the place has only grown. Her intent today was to go for a swim and enjoy the warming flowerbirth sun... but of course nothing can ever go simply, or exactly as planned.

She mentally hears the cry for help as she nears the pool, sitting up in sudden alarm, her small body tense with the natural wariness of any prey animal. Only for a moment- then she tenses up in another way, bounding forward toward the source of the not-sound, her own reply echoing out. Hold on! Are you alright-

Loren?!

She know she shouldn't laugh, but she just can't help it: he looks absurd on his back in the mud, flailing about like an upturned turtle. Chortling in a series of clicks and chuffs the little otter grins, keeping a safe distance from the danger of the mud pit and tilting her head to the side. Ah... need a hand there, maybe?

i will wait for you all day and night

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
half across the world from me
lie the lands I’ll never see-
As the familiar mental voice filtered into his mind, Loren twisted around. Although he was trapped, his loose skin easily let him turn his head to regard Amalia, who apparently was an otter. Or at least, that’s what he assumed.

Her presence calmed him, which was good because the thrashing was just making it worse. It’s me, yes. And I’m fine, just stuck. Although he wasn’t quite as panicked, he still was annoyed at his predicament.

That annoyance grew at her question. No I figured I'd just lay here a bit longer, enjoy my mudbath. His thoughts came out more sharply than he'd intended, and he sent a pulse of apology along with the mental equivalent of a sigh. Sorry. I don't like being restrained. Yes, I would appreciate a hand. His words were underscored with more than a bit of embarrassment.
where I travel goes my heart
with me wanders my desire
LOREN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Her amusement only rises at his aggravation; she can't help but find his predicament absurd, as unhappy as she knows she would likely be were the roles reversed. It isn't until he apologizes that she gathers herself together, having the decency to at least seem a little chagrined. Sorry, I shouldn't have laughed. Here, I have an idea...

Taking a step back, the girl transforms herself into a strange hybrid of various shifts. Mostly qilin in shape and size, she maintains the claws and fur of the otter, allowing her purchase on the slick ground without getting bogged down. The tail, however, is distinctly qilin, long and prehensile. She extends it to him, aiming to wrap as tightly as she can. Here- grab on. And don't worry about hurting me. You can always heal it later.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Amalia’s apology calmed Loren, and he sent a rueful amusement her way. No, you're right, it's comical. He fell silent, an echo of past fear flashing within him. I just don't like to be trapped. Thankfully, the baker's weird looking shift was a welcome distraction, one that allowed him to ignore his predicament for a moment. Indeed, amusement of another kind bubbled up within.

However, at her words, he hesitated for a brief moment. Then, giving the mental equivalent of a sigh, he wriggled about as best he could, gripping as hard as he dared (which wasn't very hard) with his paws and his teeth. Then he settled in to wait for her to pull.
LOREN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Again a pulse of chagrined apology flashes between them, the otter-qilin feeling rather sorry for her continued amusement at his expense. Next time maybe you'll be the one to rescue me from an embarrassing situation. Not a hard task, truth be told- she is easily flustered and made anxious, after all.

At the unmistakable sensation of her tail being grasped Amalia begins to walk, her claws tearing deep into the earth as she attempts to dislodge its four-legged captive. I haven't- ah- haven't seen mud like this before, she remarks, her mental voice reflecting the physical strain. Usually the memory snow just goes away on its own. I wonder if this is something from outside, that's gotten into the grounds.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Despite Loren’s nervousness at being trapped, he couldn’t help the amusement that he sent through their bond. Maybe there won’t be a next time. Is that too much to ask? As the weird otter-qilin hybrid thing that was Amalia began dragging him through the mud, he redoubled his grip and felt gratitude fill his mind.

At her supposition, he sent the mental equivalent of a shrug to her. You’re the Caido expert, not me. I just have weird esoteric information about monsters of legend. There was a cheerfully teasing tone in his mental voice. All I know is that one of the new demi-gods that’s traipsing around the Hollowed Grounds literally doing only the gods know what told me it had something to do with Rae. Which, again, is your area of expertise.
LOREN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Oh, Loren. Of course there will be a next time. Her voice is wry and playful, but it cannot mask the truth behind the words. Knowing them both the next time will not only happen, but likely be a far sticker situation than sunbathing in a mud puddle gone woefully wrong.

She continues to drag him from the mud as he speaks, though his comment about one of the new demigods gives her pause. Delphia? she asks, not knowing of any others, but also not imagining the single-minded young woman to be interested in mud and Rae. Shaking her head, the qilin snorts. My knowledge of Rae is... less than the others. I haven't- Frey is the herald I've spoken to least. A strange mix of pleasure and discomfort pulses though the bond at the memory of her first and last encounter with that particular being.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
In response to Amalia’s playfulness backed up by reality, Loren merely felt a great deal of resigned amusement and acceptance, both of which filtered through their bond. I mean, I know that objectively, but let me live in happy ignorance and naivety while I can. Still, the cheerful spell was broken, and his own thoughts turned towards worrying about the future.

When she halted in extracting him, he tightened his grip to remind her that while she was sitting pretty with her special tail, he was covered in sticky mud that even now was trying to suck him back down. I think so, yeah. I honestly can’t remember if it was her, Oia’i’o, or Kai. Though the summoner liked the demi-gods, they were a lot, and he felt weary just thinking about all three of them at the same time.

Surprise filtered through the Launceleyn at the baker’s admission. Really? Frey is the one I’ve spoken to the most. The surprise quickly shifted into embarrassment.
LOREN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia does not expect the littany of unfamiliar names that Loren spouts. Stopping a moment in her effort to free the badger, the qilin arcs her neck around to blink back at her friend. Oia'i'o and Kai? Her mental voice hovers somewhere between bemusement and reverence. How many are there? Are any- do you know of any are the chosen of V

His gentle tug brings her back to reality. Pulsing apology Amalia begins once more to draw Loren from the dirt, which seems to have rather impressively embedded itself into the badger's fur- though the admission about Frey almost makes her stop again. Really? a little bit scandalized, the qilin has to hold back her shock and fluster at the memory of her last encounter with the being. Do you... I mean, do they... Why?

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Amalia’s reverence was enough to amuse Loren. Let’s see how you feel after you’ve actually met them. The many interactions he’d had with the demi-gods flashed through his mind, and he ended up quite bemused by the end of it. There are three. A daughter of Mort, Delphia, who is coming to see you by the way, and twin children of Rae, a son and a daughter, Kaimana and Oia'i'o. Then he couldn’t resist gently ribbing the baker. Don’t worry, you’re still the only one who is beloved of Vi around here.

Thankfully, she started moving again before he had to resort to more drastic measures. Still, he tightened his grip as the mud seemed to try and suck him back into it. However, then he had to contend with her shock. Why not? The words were equal parts surprised and teasing.
LOREN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Three. Amalia shakes her head bemusedly, not sure what to think of this sudden influx of demigods. If she could blush at Loren's comment she would, embarrassment tinged with a little selfish relief as she bashfully shakes her head. I didn't mean... she begins, but trails off before she can finish. Of course she meant it: she isn't fooling herself. Deep down, Amalia is selfishly thrilled to continue being the Shield of Vi.

Uh... Thankfully Amalia is spared from having to answer Loren's inquiry about Frey by his sudden and much-anticipated rescue. The qilin stumbles forward as the mud at least releases its hold on the badger, shifting back to otter form before her gangly figure can collapse into the muck. Turning to inspect her friend, the girl shakes her dirt-ridden figure. That's... a conversation for later, maybe. I have to get back to the shop and clean up. Coming?

{~fin for Ama}

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren sent a pulse of understanding and encouragement towards Amalia. You shouldn't feel ashamed of your accomplishments. The words were shockingly gentle.

Then he slid out of the mud with awkward slurping sound. As the baker shifted, the summoner unexpectedly found himself needed to support himself, and he danced around until he found his balance. Thanks! As she told him that their conversation about Frey would have to wait, he just let his agreement wash through their mental link. Then he simply followed her back towards the heart of the Hollowed Grounds. He was sure to give each and every patch of mud a wide berth.

-FINISHED
LOREN