fill the void up with polished doubt
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
His eyes follow the tilt of her head to her exposed neck as she laughs, admitting she can’t wait to compare notes either – and he wonders what kind of creature she’ll become. He hadn’t expected his avian form, nor his panther, but he wasn’t complaining about any of them. In a way, each one was a part of him in some way or another, whether he realized it or not. As for her? What kind of creatures could hide beneath that pale skin?

But he mentions his luck, and he can’t help but to smirk slightly at her snort. “And how exactly to I come off?” He asks with yet another tilt of his head. He’d crafted it carefully in Korofi, to be someone that most people didn’t want to find, but his face being plastered everywhere there from seventeen years old until he was twenty three, well, it made it difficult to not attract attention. That and his height, at least here in Caido, certainly didn’t help keep the prying eyes away.
would you run away with me?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Face of a saint. Lips of a sinner
His question, flipping it back on her, evokes an immediate eye roll. Lily knows this game, she knows it well. Answering the question usually goes one of two ways: the truth, and she admits she finds him attractive, or a slightly acerbic kind of teasing. Or she could throw the question right back, refuse to answer - that sort of thing. She doesn’t know what kind of man he is, and he isn’t paying her, so she doesn’t have to acquiesce to anything. Instead, Lily fixes him with a faint smirk and a blue-green stare.

“Like you’re able to keep a pretty woman’s attention when you want it,” she responds with a fairly non-commital answer after a long pause. After all, puppies can keep her attention, shiny things can keep her attention, funny things can keep her attention. In fact, it might be more of a comment on the minds of pretty women than it is on any qualities he might have.

Up until now, she’s let him get as close as he wants, keeping her hands close and the space between them… decent. Now she pushes off the bookshelf with her back and slips to the table he’d been sitting at, scooching back so she can fully sit on the edge. “How do you want to come off?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
There’s a long pause that Lily gives him, and he continues to focus on her as she finally does respond. And its somewhere along what he expects to hear, but whether he wants to admit its truthfulness is another story, and with it he can’t help the quirk of his lips in a half boyish crooked smile at the response. But she’s moving then, before he can figure out exactly a way to respond, and so he steps back slightly and watches her as she fully sits on the edge of the table.

He turns toward her then, remaining a distance away until she makes it clear that she wants him to be closer, shoulder leaning against the bookshelf she’d abandoned as he figures out just how to respond to the second comment. “I’ve always wanted to blend in, personally, but a life in front of the camera and hundreds of photographs does that to people.” A rise of his tattooed shoulders before he snorts to that. “But everyone here is very short in comparison to home, and so I stick out quite like a sore thumb.” He jests, smirking back to her.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Her nose adorably scrunches up a bit as she hears words she doesn’t know: camera, photographs, things that would come to her world long after she would be dead. A life in front of < something > and hundreds of < somethings > means… what? A public life? “I’m sorry, I don’t know what a camera is. Or photographs, she replies with a slip of a shrug. “You are absurdly tall, though. Maybe if you chop off  half your legs, you won’t be so noticeable.” Teasing again, her gaze drifts to his lower limbs, imagining him without a good six inches or so. Everyone is like him where he’s from? The thought is… intriguing. Sexy. Lily had been exceptionally tall for a woman of the time, often needed dresses custom made for her, much to the chagrin of her employers, the thrifty jerks.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
She doesn’t know what a camera or photograph is, but it doesn’t surprise him to learn of it. There had been a few advancements in his own society that people here were generally unaware of. Guns, technology, things of that nature. So he offers her a small smile in response to her comment. “It’s like… a box.” He begins to mimic it, with his hands to show her a general size of it. “But, it has a lens on it and things inside it that make it almost seem like a painting.” He offers, trying to figure out the best way to explain it. “But it’s instant, detailed, I could take one of you right now and you’d immediately be like looking into a mirror.” The corner of his lip quirks into a slight smirk at that. He wonders if it’s something she’d appreciate, had they been around in her time, or even here.

The comment of his height does garner a huff of amusement that overtakes the smirk as he crosses his arms. “I suppose it might make me a bit more approachable.” He replies a bit coyly, lowering his posture a small amount. “Believe it or not, I was still a small amount on the tall side back home. Good lineage and what not.” He waves his hand a bit as though it means nothing, but he still eyes her with amusement.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
Hell yeah, she would appreciate a camera (can you imagine Lily’s obsession with herself once she learns about selfies?). She listens attentively, trying to imagine a box with a lens and instantaneous detailing like when she looks at herself in the mirror. “That sounds amazing,” she exhales. Ever appreciative of beautiful people, Lily can’t imagine being able to preserve images like that forever - beauty fades, lasting only in memory and poetry and idolized nostalgia. Parties, friends, moments in time that should never be forgotten. She smiles, a little sadly, wishing she could see and handle something like this.

“I believe it,” she chuckles dryly. “Can you believe some people thought I was dangerous because of my red hair?” A hand idly comes up to touch her head, patting the vibrantly colored strands with affection. “Cursed or the devil’s child or bound to be a witch.” Mulling over that for a moment, she chuckles to herself. “Almost wish any of those had been true.”  

It would have been better than her initial dull life of obedience. Things changed, eventually, but she stil mourns a little for the years lost to servitude.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
It is.” He assures her, wondering if maybe at some point someone with enough knowledge across how it works might be able to help introduce them to Caido. But he doesn’t know the specifics personally as to how they work, couldn’t do it on his own aside from surmising the idea that magic could create it in the differences from remembering it. Ah well, time would tell whether it could be possible or not.

She believes the fact that he was on the tall side, and he hums his own chuckle along with it as she tells him people had thought she was a witch or a devil of sorts, before she draws quiet for a brief moment, before continuing. His head tilts slightly as he considers her, mulling over the thoughts before he shakes his head and gives her a crooked smirk. “It is surprising to come from a place with no magic, no nothing… to arrive and find yourself the same when so many others have these unfathomable things.” He murmurs, turning his head somewhat to look along the bookshelves. “That's why I chose to attune.” He wanted to be something more, something else.

For the record, though, being able to curse and bewitch people would be quite amusing.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
At last! Someone who understands! She nods eagerly “It is! Especially if you don’t care too much for religion. Getting involved seems messy and to come with strings, but then without it… I don’t know...” She exhales. The words are there, but she doesn’t want to say them. Doesn’t want to put a name to the feeling she’s had. Haltingly, she begins again. “Feels like I’m lesser. Need help or protection with everything. And I don’t want to feel like that anymore.”

Because she’d made her way on her own once. She can absolutely do it again. But then she’d only had her sex to work against her. Now? She’s equal to men but still powerless. At least at home she knew the rules and could manipulate them. Here, she feels like she can’t even catch up.

“So… I get it.” Now she grins. “Plus - who doesn’t want to be a shapeshifter? How fucking cool is that?

Perhaps, Lily thinks as he continues, she would like to bewitch him. Talking is nice, but she can think of many other ways to put his mouth to use.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
A snort at her comment of not caring too much for religion. “There was no religion where I’m from. The nobility were as close to gods as we got.” He half rumbles, ignoring the fact that he was one of those, a person that others had related to being like a god. Though he was nothing like it, never wanted to be. Perhaps that’s why he defected, fell in love with a girl lost to him twice now. But ah, as she continues to speak he nods in full understanding.

He drifts closer to her, then, apparent that he’s going to have to work for this if they both want anything out of it – and he can’t quite help himself with it. He invades her space, head tilting down to her with that same rogue smirk crossing his lips. “What would you like to shift into?” It’s a breath of a whisper along his lips. “A… Bird to fly on wings of copper?” He suggests, hand raising to touch her red hair should she let him. “A cat of sorts with claws to fight back?” His head tilts curiously. “A creature with fangs to bite and tear?

He has all of those, and then some.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
Well of course Sunjata is going to have to work for it. Lily isn’t on the clock. Something flashes across her eyes as he crosses into her space. She makes no efforts to move from his advances, looking up at him with a slightly arched brow. Inhaling, her tongue darts across her lips and her voice grows softer - beckoning, welcoming, daring.

She reaches out to the man’s shirt, running a couple of fingers up the front of the material. “Mmmm… I don’t bite unless you’ll bite back…” Those fingers flick to his chiseled jaws, darting up sideburns until they flick against his hairline. “Something that purrs under a strong hand…” Chuckling to herself, she slips to the side, continuing the tease.

“Can’t wait to compare notes…”

And with that, she turns and exits into the darkness, purposefully walking with a little strut as she leaves.

Always leave them wanting more, ladies.

{FIN for Lily!}
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Steel eyes pinpoint to the tongue she drags across her lips, to the voice that grows daring and welcoming, playful in her own way that he can appreciate. And when she reaches for his shirt, he lets her touch wherever she wishes to – only pausing to let his gaze lift to her own as she comments about biting and he snorts, lips curling in a way that suggests that he absolutely would bite back.

But his head tilts at her touch, pressing that chiseled jaw into her palm as her fingers trail up higher, body in tune to the touch she gives him, until she slips to the side and he remains, turning to look over to her as she goes – letting his gaze linger with that very same smirk. He turns to lean against the table where she had previously been, arms crossing across his chest as he watches her go with a nod of agreement. And when she’s gone, he exhales quietly to himself and runs a hand through his hair.

{fin!}