what was lost
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Tapping a finger, Loren frowned. Then he smiled faintly. ”I guess this is another one of those situations where I just have to have a little faith.” He tilted his head and gave Delphia a considering look. ”What would you need? And do you know if cat sith can even be domesticated?” Again, he lifted his quill to take notes.

”Fascinating. How does it move? And what can you tell me about the Fae?” Although he was looking down at the paper before him, he glanced up at her question. Brow furrowed, he bit his lip. ”Either Amalia Chandrakant, the Shield of Safrin, or Ronin Taliesin, the Fallen Star. He’s a demi-god of Safrin while she was given her charge and her title by Vi. Amalia can be found at the Devas Bakery in the Settlement and Ronin can be found at the Artisan’s Guild.” The summoner smiled at Delphia.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Delphia

Seeing death as the end of life
Is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean
A ghost of a smile crossed her lips before her face fell back to its usually passive expression. ”A wise observation. A little faith might do you some good.” she said, nodding a little. But her head tilted and she reached up to play with her hair – messing it up more than it already was though she didn’t seem to care. ”It might require some intervention from the gods. I’ve never actually seen a Cat Sith kitten so I would need some guidance as to where to start looking for a den. But any creature raised from infancy can become less feral. Perhaps even under the correct circumstances it could be made a companion, which would mitigate any issues of wildness.” she said, thinking out loud.

But as the questions moved to the Fae and the wood, she shook her head slowly. ”The Fae are a private people for a reason. If you wish to learn more about them, you must earn their trust and respect, and I will not divulge their secrets out of my respect for their proclivities. And as for the wood…it too grants its secrets on those who treat it kindly and with dignity.” she said gently. She had not revealed any more than was common knowledge about the Fae and Greatwood. More than that she was unlikely to reveal.

Amalia and Ronin…she nodded a little, committing the names to memory. ”Thank you, I will seek them out. Hopefully they know something of the Spire or the Voice or…anything really that might be helpful in my search.”
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Delphia’s faint smile was met with a faint smile from Loren. ”Thankfully, I have more faith than I used to.” As she spoke, his smile broadened into a real one. ”I’ll leave the gods to you. But you may want to speak to some of the Attuned as well. I know they can compel animals, which might be useful.”

Then he was back to note taking and his smile was replaced with a frown. ”If I wished to provide them with a gesture of goodwill, what would you recommend? Besides getting Wessex to step down and the Ascended and others to stay out of the Greatwood.” His voice came out hesitantly, and he didn’t look up from his journal.

At least until she thanked him. Nodding, he gave her another small smile. ”You’re welcome. Let me know if there’s any way I can help, and thank you for all the information.”
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Delphia

"That's good! Like anything worth having it takes practice." she said, the ghost of a smile returning again for a moment. Her head tilted slightly, nodding slowly as she considered the Attuned. "This is true. Though not many can compel creatures like the Cat Sith...it is still worth considering." she said, agreeing after a moment of hesitation. Certainly an Attuned with that strength of ability could be found if she looked hard enough.

Hm. Well he was persistent, wasn't he? "Are you asking because you made them angry?" she asked slowly. He wouldn't be the first, nor the last. The Fae were finicky. But if he had already upset Delah...well he was probably fighting a losing battle. The Guardian stood more rigid in her decisions than an Oak in a windstorm. "I will be sure to reach out to you if something arises." she said to his offer, smiling more with her eyes than her lips again.
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Smiling faintly, Loren nodded. ”I suppose that’s true.” Tilting his head, his brow furrowed and his foot tapped as he considered the Cat Sith problem. "I think Amalia can probably help you with that as well. Or Jiagno, the Provost of the Loreseekers. The Loreseekers' headquarters are just downstairs." Pausing, he waited to see if Delphia had questions.

His smile, faint as it was, slipped away. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair. "Yes. I was thrown in the pit for my troubles, and I'm not sure I'll ever be welcome in the Greatwood." However, he frowned. "But I'm asking less for myself than for everyone else. Wessex made it so that none of us can enter the Greatwood. I'm hoping she'll see reason, and step down, and if that happens I want to know if there's any way to repair the relationship with Delah." His tone came out entirely matter of fact.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

Delphia hummed lightly, pulling her legs up to her chest, while simultaneously stuffing them under her oversized sweater. "Amalia again? She must be very well known." she said softly, noting that the baker's name had been brought up twice in a row now in regards to issues she faced. Perhaps it was a quiet sign, that she ought seek out the woman first above all else. If she had questions, they remained in her head, rather than saying them outloud.

Her chin rested on her knees as he recounted his failings with the Fae. His story wasn't terribly unusual. It took great tact to befriend the guardians of the wood, Delah most of all, and very few managed to do so on the first try. She had the benefit of sharing her birthplace with the Fae, as well as the credit of her father's name to give her more leeway than others, but even she was careful not to offend. After Loren fell silent, she remained so for a time herself, mulling over what he said, staring off into the distant void. "You ought to stop trying to fix problems you did not cause. That rarely leads to good places." she said softly, gaze turning back to him. "Whether Delah will grant leeway to the people of the Grounds will depend on who, if any, replace Wessex. If another Ascended follows her, you're more likely to befriend a demon of LongNight than gain her favor. However..." she said, trailing off both in words and volume of her voice.

"This happened once before. The Greatwood was closed to those of the Grounds save for those with permission, until one of the people here called upon Arduinna to save the life of a blighted Undine. I am not certain if the Fae knows who that person was, but they might be more apt to work with that person. Calling upon the power of the divine to save such a creature would cast one in a more favorable light than usual." she said with a slight shrug.
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Loren nodded. ”She is. And to be the best of my knowledge she’s never turned down someone who needed her help.” Sighing at Delphia’s statement, he nodded again, a slightly chagrined look on his face. ”I know, I know. I just…” he bit his lip as his voice trailed off. ”I have a bad habit of trying to preemptively fix things instead of letting people suffer the consequences and make their own mistakes, and a worse habit of poking my nose where it’s not welcome. Knowing that doesn't seem to stop me.” He ran a nervous hand through his hair, foot tapping on the ground.

Falling silent, his brow furrowed as he listened to the demi-god’s suggestion. At the end of it, he nodded again. ”I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks, again, for the information.” He noted it down in a corner of his journal, before setting his quill down.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

A ghost of a smile crossed her expression, settling further into her chair. ”It is fitting then that she is called Shield. My father will be pleased when he greets her soul that she has made the most of the life Vi granted her.” she said softly, affection for the woman she had not yet met suffused her tone. But as he explained what he knew of himself, Delphia couldn’t help but laugh quietly. ”You say that…but what mistake do you keep making but are not learning from?” she pointed out, grinning for the briefest of moments before her features settled again. ”You should pause more. Breathe. Take action lightly. Rae did not grow as wise as they are by meddling in every little thing that crossed their path.” she advised.

”Now, as for you and Delah…” she said, having already spoken to the Hollowed Ground’s government, seeming to miss his thanks. ”The best chance you have is likely to give yourself as a sacrifice. I will not tell you more than that, but if you are willing to go so far to make amends, I could bring a note to her of your offering, and she might grant you amnesty.” she said.
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Loren blinked. ”Right.” Clearing his throat more than a bit awkwardly, he glanced away. ”Well, let’s just hope that doesn’t happen for a good long while.” Finding himself unable to meet Delphia’s eyes, the summoner instead doodled in his journal. However, he sighed at her next comment, setting the quill down. "Meddling with leaders and politics, mostly. And not wanting for others to ask for my help first. Maybe your suggestion to be more like Rae will help." He finally managed to look up, smiling faintly.

However, it slipped away at her next statement. "A sacrifice? The Fae sacrifice people?" He swallowed, suddenly very glad he'd gotten off as lightly as he had. Then his eyes narrowed. "And if I sacrifice myself, she might grant amnesty? I'm confused, what are you trying to say? How would that possibly work?" He tilted his head, giving the demi-god a quizzical look. Then, though, he closed his eyes. "You just said you wouldn't tell me more." Taking a deep breath, he opened them. "Can you...can you at least say...is it a death sentence?"
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia

Delphia couldn’t help her light laugh at the awkwardness that came over Loren. ”I should think not, but that is not for me to decide or know.” she said. It was easy for her to forget how unsettling such talk was for people. They liked to pretend the inevitable was far away or would never come, not accepting it until the moment was upon them, and sometimes still they resisted. It was so silly, to be so afraid of death. To be with Mort was to be more at peace than ever in one’s lifetime. She did nod as he followed her train of thought though. ”To attempt to emulate Rae can bring peace to a worrisome mind.” she said. Rae did not worry. Rae simply was. To practice that level of quiet of mind did wonders for the soul.

She waited again as he began to ramble his questions, allowing him to work through all that came to mind. ”I said I would not tell you more of the Fae people, and I have not. This is outside of them, though they are linked in away.” she said cryptically. Her head tilted slightly to the side, watching his face closely for a reaction. ”To tell you the nature of the sacrifice would be to nullify the purpose of sacrifice. Is the peace and freedom you seek for your people potentially worth your life? Would you risk that it might be a death-sentence to bring them that joy? If it is not worth that risk, then you’d be better off focusing your energies on things that are, and set aside this cause with the Fae.” she said.
Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Loren blinked at Delphia’s comment, then stared at the demi-god for a while. Finally, he shook his head, choosing not to respond for fear she’d make another morbid statement about the death of a friend. Instead, he just smiled faintly at the advice to be more like Rae, though the smile didn’t reach his eyes. ”I’ll try.” His tone indicated that he wasn't quite as sure

Swallowing, the Launceleyn nodded, though his expression was troubled. "You're right. I'll keep that in mind." Then he sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. "It doesn't matter all that much, given that the border is still closed." He began to gather up his belongings, taking special care of the notes. "You've given me a lot to think about, and I shouldn't take up more of your time. Thank you, again, for all your wisdom and your advice." He smiled, more genuinely at her, then turned to make his way back home.

-FINISHED, unless you'd like to do a wrap-up post
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood