dancing after death
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
now take what i offer, straight up the nose, down the throat
it's a bearable bruise on your conscious
He doesn’t have the time to reply to her initial question, not as she barges on and he stills under her words. Stills. He’d spent his life surviving, surging, destroying for her since he met her. Since she’d shown him that there were other ways of handling his anger, other ways to burn and remain strong. She wasn’t just a girl, she had been his life. She had been taken from him twice.

Do not compare this to Emmett or me.” He says at first, eyes narrowing before he tilts his head at her. “Or Loren for that matter.” Because Loren had told him about that too. And none of them were remotely the same, not even close. “Life has always been unfair and sad. It’s always been a lesson in suffering.” For him it has. Since he could remember. Hiding and fighting, hiding and fighting again and again. He’d thought it would be different here but he had been wrong.

And here he is, fighting again. “But sure, for the sake of it, let’s say I was the best thing to happen to you. And after years of being together, being a team, I died. Then a few years later I miraculously come back, only to not even get a year with my second chance, before I died again. And tell me you’d be out planting flowers, thanking Frey that at least you have some control over your life.” Because he has no control, no control over any of it when it feels like sand slipping through his fingers.
but don't it feel good? don't you feel calmer?
i am the way and the life in the best looking truth
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and annoint you
He did hit on a small nerve though, one he likely didn't even know himself, and her eyes narrowed a bit. "Don't pretend you know how deeply I do or do not feel, Jata. You don't know what losing Emmett did to me; you've not cornered the market on pain and suffering." she said coolly. She would have said more when a name in particular caught her by surprise. "Or Loren?" she said a bit dumbly, clearly confused. She and Loren had never been together, nor did she think there any reason for the summoner to be included in the group that was Emmett or Jata. She had done more with Brady than she had ever done with Loren, Frey-vision-Loren aside, who had never been anything more than business professional in his dealings with her.

But Jata continued his tirade, and so she had no time to think too deeply on it. Her answer to his scenario would likely not be what she had expected, given how she had handled things in the past. "If that happened to me, I would mourn, but I would keep moving forward." she said softly, crossing her arms. "I would be thankful for the second chance I had with you. I would mourn my loss of you again. But I wouldn't disservice your memory or the strength you had given me by becoming an angry, drunk."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Oh, he has hit a nerve. And a part of him relishes in it as she replies, pointed words hitting him back and bouncing off like his own do to her. Perhaps he just wants someone to feel as terrible as he does, to know he’s not alone, and so he lashes out — striking at those closest, trying and trying to push away. But he doesn’t have the magic Lusea did. He doesn’t have anything but himself and forms that don’t contribute to any kind of fight when he can’t talk with them. But one thing is evident, he’s hurting. Deeply. He’s sure he has a cornered market of it. “You moved on. I thought I had too, but then she comes back.” He begins, but he’s cut off by her confusion over Loren and his brow lifts briefly.

Remi told Loren about your feelings for him. Loren told me, because of what we did at LongNight. Does it matter anymore?” He says quietly, who told who didn’t matter in the end. What mattered was that it wasn’t the same. And he was running out of ways to accurately describe all the ways it was different, until she stops his mind in its tracks again.

I’m not an angry drunk.” He finally says shaking his head. She wanted him strong, to set the world on fire, and he just didn’t know how to be. “I had three years to move on before I came to Caido. Forgive me if I haven’t come back to par after a few weeks.” He leans against the edge of the bar, eyes remaining on her. “So I’ll do what I did before, I’m doing what I did before. Drink too much and find someone to go home with until it gets better.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
phoebe
Her confusion is not fixed in the slightest by Jata's explanation. "What? What feelings? And what did you do during LongNight?" she said, confused about how she fell into all of this, if only because she didn't want to admit it. A bit of irritation flared, knowing Remi had spoken to Loren about the little flame she had carried for him, especially now that it was being used against her again. Moreover it was another poke at another hurt she had been trying to heal, just another insecurity that she wasn't good enough, and that she never would be.

But now her frustration, stemming from her confusion about this Loren nonsense, was getting the better of her, and she pinched the bridge of her nose to try and focus herself. "Fine, Jata. Fine. Be miserable. Let no one take care of you when you feel awful. Misconstrue every single word I say so that you are right, like always. Frey forbid you ever let me do anything nice for you." she said, walking over to the door where her boots were to put them back on. "Despite your clear inability to say it, I get you don't want me here. Take your years while the rest of us only have weeks to get over our hardships. How lucky you are." she said pointedly. She hadn't been granted years to get over Emmett. She hadn't been given that to get over Jata. Yet here she was. Trying to help. Trying to care. Trying to move forward.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She fixates on the comment of Loren and the information he had, and he wonders if it was meant to be a secret or not. Too late, cats out of the bag anyway, and he cracks a half cold smile as he shakes his head again. “I don’t know the specifics?” He tells her at first, shaking his head again. “He told me because we—” He stumbles briefly before he clears his throat. Is it cruel? Is he hungover enough to not care? Probably, though he’s sure he’ll regret this too at some point. “He slept with Lusea and I.” He finally says, shaking his head and clenching his jaw again.

But he’s found the line at his next comment, and he watches while she moves away from him to her mud covered boots to put them on, flipping back retorts to him that all he can do is coldly laugh at the remarks. “Right. I don’t want you to do nice things for me. I’ve never deserved it.” He says, turning to her. He’s perfectly okay with pushing people away, being cold and distant to those close to him. “I broke your heart when I didn’t choose you, remember?” He doesn’t try to stop her from leaving, but he does glance to the things she brought and pushes them her way. “Thanks for these, but someone else will probably appreciate it far more than I will.

How lucky he is, indeed.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
She didn't respond to the goading smile or his words about Loren and...everything that had transpired over LongNight. It did sting. It hurt even. But she wasn't going to let it show now. Whatever she felt about the situation remained firmly in her head as she put on her boots. A few specks of memory mud still crawled up them, but they were hardly a concern now.

Especially with the words spewing from Jata'a mouth. He had crossed a line, and now stomped on it. She turned on her heel, walking over quickly before smacking him as hard as she could across the face. But unlike when she was blighted, her honeyed gaze remained steady and cool. "Yes, you broke my heart. And here I am, trying to comfort you, while you continue to insult me. Who needs to grow up now, Jata?" she said coolly. "I'm leaving. Come let me know when your attitude has caught up with your age. I've enough children to raise." she said as she turned back towards the door.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
They had both crossed lines, it seems. No sooner do the words leave his mouth, does he focus on her form as she slips her boots on and returns to him, hand raised as she slaps him hard across his face. This time it was pointed, and for a moment he recalls Lusea doing the same thing, heart twisting and adjusting in his chest as he shakes his head and focuses on her again — a predatory stillness to his gaze.

There’s that fire.” He rumbles to her back, reaching up to rub at his aching temple and his now red cheek. “Did it feel good? Did it relieve some of your frustration?” He asks, taking a step toward her. “Should try it more often.” His lip curls into a smirk, though there’s that shadow to his eye, the shadow of his features, as though her actions have reminded him of a ghost.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Her eyes narrowed at him slightly as he near praised her for her actions. "You're the only man in the world who would appreciate being slapped like that." she said with a slight huff. The qualifier of course being the words 'like that' as she was aware some people had odd inclinations in the bedroom. But that wasn't what that had been, she had been trying to hurt him far too much for that.

"No. It didn't feel good." she said with a sigh, pinning him with a displeased look. "But you're being a complete ass towards me for no reason because you know that's the worst I can do to you. If you want someone to pick on, go find someone else." she said in irritation, turning once more to leave.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She replies to him and he shakes his head slightly. It isn’t that he likes it, per say, though he does spend a slightly sluggish moment recalling what Hotaru had done to him before he sighs heavily and steps toward the door as her next comment reaches him, and he realizes it. That it was the worst she could do, that he was being an ass, when all he wanted was to push people away and make them hurt just as much as he did, too.

She turns to leave and he blocks the door with his arm and body, leaning against the doorframe slightly to keep her from leaving, the shadows and narrowing of his eyes slipping away a small fraction for something akin to regret. “You’re right. I am being a dick.” He acknowledges, reaching up to brush his reddened cheek softly before he focuses on her again. “I’m sorry, Phoebe.” A quiet apology, though the honesty in his accented voice is unmistakable.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe bit her lip, the quip I know I'm right dangerously close to parting them. But she just barely retained control, looking at his arm in her way, then up at his steely gaze with displeasure as he apologized. At first she didn't speak, letting him sit with the discomfort of knowing he was in the wrong and not knowing if he could fix it. But apologies weren't his usual response when he got into a vicious roll like that so she was willing to grant him solace after only a few seconds of suffering. "Apology accepted. Now, will you let me help, or not?" she asked, voice slightly softer.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She’s right again, that typically he doesn’t apologize at the end of a tirade. He doesn’t usually give in so easily. But he’s tired, in pain both physically and mentally, and he can’t keep the mask on here in Caido — it had been far easier in Dorobo, where people didn’t know him, where he could traverse from place to place, a ghost in the night. Here? People knew him, they knew what he was like, and it made it so difficult for him to keep his old habits.

Again, he was changing, and he really didn’t want to.

But she accepts his apology, and he exhales quietly in a small amount of relief at that, giving her a quiet nod in response to her inquiry. “Yes.” He pushes off the doorframe, aiming to guide her where she’d originally wanted him to lay down, the light still trickling in from the windows and gaps in the curtains. It wasn’t much, didn’t seem like it had been used much (it hadn’t because he usually slept down in the Advocates lair) but he passes off it anyway, pretending for the sake of pretending, that this was where he’d spent his time.

The bow and arrow Deimos made him sits along the corner of the wall, among other things akin to weaponry he’d been practicing with, but there wasn’t a trace of Lusea in this room — nothing but cold, dark fixtures. But Phoebe had told him to lay down, and so he does, slipping sluggishly from his jacket and his shirt with a quiet sigh, setting them on the chair before crawling under too stiff blankets, one hand resting behind his head, the other rubbing at his temple once again.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe sighed a little, mostly from relief. There, now some progress could be made. She followed him quietly, pausing only a moment to grab a few things from the basket she had brought. Honeyed eyes glanced around the room curiously. Clearly he had purged any potential reminder of Lusea already...which wasn't the healthiest way to deal with grief but Jata rarely did what the healthiest thing for him was.

Once he laid down she say on the edge of the bed, opening a few bottles of aromatic oils. Things to help his headache - which would hopefully be going away soon from the tonic - and relieve tension, calming, soothing smells. She placed a few drops on her fingers, mixing them together before patting them on key points on his face. If he allowed, she would press the hand he held up to his face down and gently press her fingers against his temples and other pressure points to ease his self inflicted suffering.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He absolutely still has her things, they’re just not in this room — he’s not even sure when the last time this room had been used by her, if ever, but it doesn’t matter too much in the end. It’s as bare bones of a room as they come aside from the weaponry scattered about, books as well, journals of sorts to take notes in. But he doesn’t comment on it, not as he crawls under the blankets and she settles along the side of it.

And he lets her apply the oils to his face, eyes shutting despite his tense jaw, before he looks to her as she removes his hand and begins to rub at his temples, relieving some of the pressure there. His eyes shut tight again, a heavy sigh leaving him with a combination of the pressure and a small amount of relief, though it’s fleeting. He can feel the pounding return at any time she stops, but at least for the moment it’s slightly relieving to have a few moments of respite.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Slowly but surely the medicine should begin to kick in, relieving his headache, aided by the scents if the oils. The blonde remained quiet as she worked, gently coaxing the headache to relent so he could sleep, which would help alleviate the other symptoms of his hangover. Phoebe only stopped one to better close the shades of the window, casting the room into complete darkness. But she was quick to return to her minstrations, finger tips gently working her way over the more sensistive parts of his face. Jaw included.

"Stop clenching your jaw." she said softly, massaging small circles against the joint.