the wind talks back
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NERON
show me how defenceless you really are
Such terrible omens they brought with them. Neron led them quickly behind the walls of the Citadel, that his guardsmen might shut the gate again. Within, the streets were cobbled and salted to prevent any slipping on the ice, and people hurried to and fro, keen to get out of the cold unless it was impossible. For the majority, the citizens they encounted looked like hunters or soldiers; unsurprising so close to the walls, and Neron stepped into a small building which looked as though it might be an office for one of the captains. If there was anyone in it previously, they had vacated when the Warden approached.

Lit by ruddy lantern light and furnished with only a desk and a single chair, Neron did not take a seat. "The Old Gods are viewed as gods," he said simply, raising an eyebrow at Jigano. "I have heard the story about where you are from, and I assure you that the Voice and her ilk have become something of a scary story told to children. At least, that was the case until I met the Wraith." And she had suited him well enough, to be frank.

As for the rest of their questions...

"It is struggle enough for anything to grow here, as you might well imagine. If there were any reports of corruption or famine, they would have been reported with urgency. I cannot say we have seen anything like what you describe." A good thing, to be sure. "Though I am unsure what you expect me to do about restricted travel, given that your own ruler is an Ascended. Or am I speaking to those who consider themselves above her?"
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
The reminder that they are once more under the reign of an Ascended causes Amalia's jaw to shift unhappily, fur flaring up on the back of her neck. Still she does not voice her opinion on the matter, instead glancing around the frigid town. "Rexanna has promised to try and prevent another Blight." How can people live like this, day after day, year after year?

It almost makes her wonder if the portals wouldn't be the best option for them- and then wince internally at the very thought. If only they could be activated without the Voice being involved...

"Do you consider your authority higher than the Gods'?" It's a. Honest question, though perhaps there is a little bit of challenge in her tone. They are acting as vessels of the Old Gods. If one were to consider them supreme in authority - which Amalia does - then yes, their task carries more importance than any ruling of the queen.
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Curious blue eyes noted all the details of the town that he could see, from the types of clothing and furs that were worn to the signs on any shops they passed, trying to judge what trading might be useful here - besides vegetables and fruits and grains and meat, it would seem.

They were at last ushered out of the wind, and he nodded gratefully as he settled himself into a comfortable standing position beside Amalia and Phoebe, a quietly supporting presence to them both. He was not surprised to hear that Wessex had found Neron, this brother/not-brother of Loren's, but he kept his expression blank against the surge of suspicion that trickled through the Attuned bond upon hearing those words.

He nodded slightly in relief that the Blight had not made its way here, but at Neron's testing jab the bard simply snorted softly. "We have had ... hmm. Six, now?" he tilted his head at Phoebe for confirmation. "Six, I think, rulers, in less than a year. To be frank, there is little guarantee that Rexanna will remain Queen even a week from now. The gods, however, are a more permanent concern." He shrugged lightly. "As for what you can do about restricted travel, you already do, to some extent, with the toll collection at the portal in the Fangs. Asking Ascended travelers to turn back for now would not require much more effort then is already in place. Seeing how they respond to your authority and how patient they would be in respecting it, however? Might well prove worth knowing sooner rather than later, as the Fae of the Greatwood discovered too late when they initially gave the Voice's agents free passage into their lands."
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NERON
show me how defenceless you really are
Neron’s laughter was soft - dangerous, perhaps - and he gazed at Amalia with cold eyes. ”I do not consider myself above any god,” he said. ”Unfortunately I do not find myself standing here speaking with gods today. Instead I find myself here with you - those who say you speak on their behalf with no proof of this fact.”

Then to Jigano, ”Six rulers in less than a year is one thing. Having such little faith in your current ruler is entirely another, and you have made your position clear from your comments. I, on the other hand, mean to speak with the person who has been elected to preside over the Hollowed Grounds, and decide from there what restrictions may be necessary on travel or otherwise.”

He spread his hands, as if to indicate that they were to leave the little office. ”Halo is yours to explore, and I have taken your comments on board. Should there be any worrying developments I assure you I will be the first to tighten our security.”

And that, as they say, was that. The group would get little more out of the Warden, other than a warm mug of wine and free travel through the city.

~FIN