dancing like we're made of starlight
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Fingers of unease stirred in Loren once more, the cosmic wonder turning to cosmic horror as Safrin's tone shifted. Immediately, the honey badger pressed himself to the ground. I apologize. I did not mean to imply you were in error, and I'm sorry my words were injudicious. He sent a pulse of contrition along with the thought.

Still pressed to the ground, the summoner projected gratitude. Thank you for gracing me with your presence, and for imparting your knowledge and wisdom to me. I deeply appreciate it, and you. Then the shifted back, pushing himself to a kneeling position and bowing his head, holding his breath as he waited for her response.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAFRIN
The goddess huffed a sound of disbelief. "That the Voice made a hybrid of an abandoned merely shows her own weakness, that she needs to stoop so low to find followers. Giving Rexanna power is not the same as aiding your kin in ascending to godhood. That she would never allow."

As Loren knelt, Safrin merely regarded him with a cool stare. "I am not here merely to be used like a book, Loren. You've all but sworn your loyalty to Frey despite the fact that other than a few orgasms and a new hide, they haven't deigned to do much for you. Instead they sent you to me even though they could have answered your questions just as easily. My wisdom is not free, and your head upon the ground is hardly the price it's worth."

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
As Safrin spoke, Loren nodded. Though his concerns were not entirely alleviated, a tight knot of worry had unwound within him. ”I understand. Thank you for explaining.” His gratitude was apparent.

Then the cosmic aura of the goddess grew more terrifying and beautiful to behold as her gaze grew cool (though maybe it was all in his mind). Still, he didn’t flinch. Instead he raised his head to meet her stare with one of his own. ”Then what price is it worth?” His tone came out steadily, his breath and heart were both incredibly even, and while his expression was apprehensive, there was no fear in his eyes.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAFRIN
She might have killed him then for that look. That crisp indifference, the lack of fear, the haughty confidence that often those who thought themselves blessed seemed to carry. And he thought Frey cared for him? That perhaps they’d intervene were his life to be in peril? Safrin considered slashing his throat, if only so that as his last breath bubbled away in his own blood, that he’d know it wasn’t true.

But death was so messy.

“Loyalty. Fealty.” She replied instead, her eyes narrowing with a challenging sparkle. Each of the gods offered their chosen and devoted a different gift. Each a pathwood towards both destruction and greatness. If Loren wanted to align himself with the laziest of them, then so be it.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren was afraid. It was impossible not to be, when faced with a divine being who was less than pleased with him. Beyond that, Safrin's aura demanded awe and exuded terror in equal measure.

But he’d learned not to give in to his fear, and being afraid wouldn’t change the outcome. Still, he lowered his head and closed his eyes. "If you would deign to give me the opportunity, I would prove my loyalty and fealty to you." He took a deep and slightly shuddering breath. "However, I recognize that I have been less than respectful, and I apologize for that. Please, tell me how I can make amends. If I can make amends." At that, he held his breath, waiting for the axe to fall.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
Ahhh well. Words were just that. Reaching forward the goddess would extend her hand. Should the Launceleyn flinch away, Safrin would drop her hand and smirk. If not, her fingers would curl into his short hair, gliding against his skull. Only to me?” She purred, her challenging affect having softened considerably as she raised a brow.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren didn’t flinch away from Safrin’s purr or raised eyebrows or her fingers, which suddenly twined through his hair. However, rather than the touch providing comfort, he felt suddenly as if he'd strayed into very dangerous territory indeed. Mouth suddenly dry with fear, he swallowed. Not daring to move, he took a deep breath. "No. Not only to you." His words came out softly, and trembled slightly.

Closing his eyes, he took another deep breath. Otherwise, he was still as a statue. "Because I have been blessed by Frey. And it would be a poor display of my loyalty and fealty if I pledged myself solely to you." Again, his voice was barely above a whisper. Only then did he open his eyes and lift his head (or at least he tried), seeking out the goddess' gaze.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
Well.” Safrin whispered, her teeth suddenly needle-sharp for a moment as she smiled for only an instant. Pulling back, her hand falling gently to her side, the goddess merely shrugged. “We all give blessings, sugar. Heal a broken heart? Bring you into our fold? Any of us could have done that.” She said casually, but dangerously as she stepped away from him.

“Perhaps you should have thought a bit more about which head of yours was most important to give attention to, mm?” Sex Frey could of course provide far better than Safrin, though she’d been known to dabble. Information though? That would never be their game.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
Swallowing again, Loren nodded. He was silent for a long moment. As Safrin stepped away, though, he couldn't help but relax, even though he objectively knew he was in as much danger now as he was before. Continuing to look up at her, he tried to gather his scattered thoughts.

Finally, he just nodded again. "Yes. I should have." Once again, he was out of his depth, and he found himself speechless. So instead of saying something that would just get himself into more trouble he bowed his head respectfully. "I am sorry, again, for disrespecting you." No promises, no empty declarations, just a simple apology.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Change author:
SAFRIN
To this, Safrin had very little to say. Where Loren had stuck his dick was a mistake he could rectify if he wanted; she’d said as much. That he wanted to keep the blessings of Frey was beyond her. This of course did not need saying.

“Mmmmm.” She hummed dismissively, disappearing in a flourish of black sweetly scented smoke.

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
When Safrin disappeared, Loren breathed a sigh of relief. Now that the encounter was over, he felt more than a bit shaky, but he’d survived without getting cursed, so that was blessing enough. ”Thank you, Safrin, for your time, your knowledge, and your presence.” Though she was gone, he figured she might still be listening. Plus you know, important to be respectful to goddess who’d descended from the heavens to speak with him.

Only then did he stand, a renewed vigor in his step. While he hadn’t gotten everything he’d wanted from this encounter, he’d gotten enough (especially because he hadn’t been expecting her to answer in the first place). He could figure out the rest on his own.

Because he now knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that the gods probably appreciated and helped those who helped themselves, rather than turning to the divine for every single mortal problem.

-FINISHED
loren

Coding base by Sky!