Mini Event bellatrix audet concurrere viris
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Nate would not consider himself politically active in any sense, especially not here, and especially not given his interaction with the last queen. But this seemed important to Sam, and he wanted a chance to see this queen for himself. After all, they were some kind of family now, if the ascended worked the way he thought they did. It would be god to see her, and get a feel for her, if nothing else.

And it's important to Sam as well, so they walk into the temple together, hands entwined, Nate half dragging the other man to a spot near the back, where he can hopefully feel at least a little shielded. He doesn't exactly buy into all the paranoia, but he does scan the temple while waiting for Wessex to speak, taking note of faces he recognizes, and those he doesn't.
trouble usually finds me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter
Peter only made his way to the temple out of respect for Wessex. And, of course, the little current of fear for what might happen if he didn't show up, but that was a quieter voice than it usually was. Mostly, he wanted to support the ascended woman. As he entered the temple, he cast a look around, first catching sight of Rexanna, though the group of people around her made him hesitant to approach. To his delight, Adam was there as well, a fact that surprised Peter, as this didn't really seem to be his style, but at least it meant he had someone to sit near, which he did. He was straight backed and focused, the exact opposite of his partners slouch.
I don't wanna live that way
I do not wanna live in pain

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Cassandra Kaito

Age: 23 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 3 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Cassandra
Cassie tripped over herself a few times as she made her way through the crowd to reach Hotaru. She wasn't sure if her mother knew she was coming, but she'd seen the notice board.

"Am I late?" she asked, peering nervously at the people who surrounded her mother. A few of them were eerily familiar in a way, especially the blue-eyed woman at her mother's side.

Cass recognized the din and the bustle, the waiting for a lonely figure in the center to speak. "This is a herd meeting, right?" she whispered, hoping Hotaru was able to hear her. She gazed out over the people that were filling the space, trying to memorize their faces and look for any she knew. "Is that human the lead? The blonde? Her name is Wessex?"

Cassie was sure she probably sounded crazy to anyone else who heard her, but she was starting to get used to that.

Code base by Skylark!

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Let you go and the lonely in
To take my heart again
Phoebe arrived quietly, the boys in tow since she had bo one to sit for them. Everyone was attending after all. Keen eyes spied a spot where she could fit with the triplets, sitting them up on their pews. She still wasn't sure she trusted Wessex, so she had instructed them to stay as quiet as possible. The midwife did the same, waiting warily for the Queen to arrive. Last time such an audience was called, it had not ended well.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Lord, what fools these mortals be!
She’s almost late - and almost doesn’t care to come, but she’s trying this be more involved thing, after experiencing a rather brutal Blight and its very lonely aftermath. While Lily has always been independent and strong, she’s forgotten the importance of friends and honestly, if they knew her past, it would be completely understandable. But let’s not get into the societal implications and intricacies of that here.

Sweeping into the Temple with the rest of the crowd, the redhead keeps her eyes peeled for someone to join: she easily finds Deimos and Rex and the surrounding crowd, but something nudges her in another direction. Dodging people trying to find a seat, she spots Amun and then wiggles her way through the crowd to his side, popping into an empty space with feigned grace. Looking up at the Queen with her stern countenance and unimpressive outfit, she makes a face. “Does she always look like that? Someone needs to tell her those aren’t her colors.”

It’s in jest, of course. She has no real opinion about the woman and is simply curious to find out what will happen next.
LiLY

Age: 315 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Silphi Away
Change author:
He had seen the call for a meeting on the Notice board and had told himself to make a punctual arrival, and yet Aonghas still turned up after a good many had already began filling the hall. This would be the first time attending an address from the Queen and he hadn’t known what to expect. In fact he didn't really know much about Wessex at all. The short message had been vague and ominous enough to warrant his curiosity though.

Comfortable to linger at the back of the crowd, Aonghas took note of the faces in the crowd before settling an attentive eye on the Queen.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
I knew that somehow I could find my way back
She finds herself near the front of the gathering, steeled for the inevitable.

There are many here she recognizes, has history with, knows and loves and resents. There are those she would call friend and those she would call family, yet Amalia does not fit herself among them, does not carve a place for herself in their shadows, their safety. As much as she would like to avoid this confrontation, this scene, the drama it will lead to-

The Shield places herself front and center, her dark eyes hard as she waits for the Wraith to speak. She owes engagement to the Gods who had faith in her, to the people who look up to her.

To the woman who helped raise her.

Wessex and Amalia may have their differences, may have space between them now that is impossible to bridge - but as the girl looks at her one-time mentor she cannot help the ache of remorse, the desperate wish that things could have been different. In another world, at another time, the two women would have continued to belong to each other. They would be allies instead of enemies, they would stand together instead of apart.

But the world is a cruel and fickle thing. There is only one thing she can think to do for Wessex, one last sign of what they once had - and that is to be here, not hiding but meeting the woman's gaze, standing behind her convictions and accusations, the declarations previously made. She will not hide behind Deimos, behind Jigano, behind her anxieties and insecurities. She will face Wessex as an adult, an equal.

As the woman the Wraith helped raise her to be.

She owes her that, at least.
Then I heard your heart beating,
you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
To say that he didn’t want to deal with Wessex in any capacity was an understatement. He had little interest in hearing her give herself more airs, but there was a confrontation brewing, and as a Loreseeker he couldn’t avoid it. Nor could he leave his friends and allies to face her alone, if that was what they chose to do. He made his way slowly through the Sanctuary, perhaps not last but certainly among the latecomers as he stepped into the Temple and leaned back against the wall beside the door, blue eyes raking those already gathered. He wore the magic mirror upon his chest, a glass adornment that oddly didn’t reflect the light of the room but rather the inside of a farmhouse near the fields, but was otherwise dressed plainly in his usual garb. He saw Amalia at the front, brave and strong, and Demios and Kiada standing over by Hotaru and Rexanna. Sam was with a man who he assumed to be Nate, also near the back, and Jigano tilted his head to nod at the redhead, and to Aonghas who was also nearby.

There were no groups he felt comfortable joining, however, his own actions having isolated him, at least in his own mind. The family he had once told Loren that he had found had fallen apart, and he didn’t know if it would ever be built up again as strong as it had once been. Then, too, if trouble was going to fall on his head he didn’t want to endanger anyone else, and so he stood alone near the door, hiding his tension behind an outwardly-calm mask of indifference. Loren was there ahead of him, on the other side of the wide doors, and Jigano gave him a crooked smile and a faint pulse through the Attuned bond. You too, huh?
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 22 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
DANTE
Dante hadn’t been privy to the ongoing politics within the Hallowed Grounds until just now. He had no reason to— what was he going to do if he didn’t agree with something, sneak rotten eggs into the queens bed? Yeah, like he’d get away with that and still keep his head.

He hadn’t initially planned on going, but Evie was a natural and naturally more invested in the politics of her home world. And where Evie went, well, Dante followed. Seeing Rexanna and Clem there, in the front looking as serious as ever, wasn’t entirely a shock to the young man but he felt his heart race at the idea of Clem already being so invested in this new home of theirs. Swallowing past the thick lump in his throat, he grabbed the edge of Evie’s shirt like a child as they made their way to a clear spot in the crowd of familiar faces and strangers alike.

& the moon is the only light we'll see
no, i won't be afraid
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
EVIe
Evie doesn't exactly want to be there, but she knows she has to. Her loyalties are deeply divided, and she knows that no matter how this goes down, it's going to hurt her one way or the other. Sam is her twin brother, she likes Wessex and Rexanna, and Dante is best friends with Clemente. But she's also practically a sister to Amalia, Jigano has proven himself to be a friend as well, and even as she passes by Loren she feels her heart fracture a little more. Her hands guide Dante gently, if only to conceal how they shake.

A strained smile is given to all of them - Jigano and Loren in the back, Amalia if she dares to break her gaze from Wessex, Clem where he stands holding Rexanna's hand, Amun beside them. But she doesn't go to any of them, drawing Dante along to a private spot away from all of them. If she can't pick a side mentally, physically she refuses to do so. She runs a hand soothingly up Dante's back to squeeze his shoulder, leaning in to whisper. "If things go bad, you stay close to me okay?" Because she has a feeling it will, and she'd rather forsake her vote and get them both to safety if things get out of control.
Don't read the last page
But I stay
when it's hard or it’s wrong or you’re making mistakes
table by sky!
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Harper
One of the last to the party, but hey at least he's here. Harper slips in silently, blue eyes sharp and stoic. He has no alliances here, no sides. Whatever this is, he's here to watch and learn and nothing more. This world is still foreign to him, but knowledge is one of his greatest weapons, and so he finds his way into the masses. A smile towards Oliver, Phoebe, and Kiada are given, but he stands alone. Can't afford to be distracted and unwilling to be swayed by where they place their chips. So he leans against the side wall, ready to watch the fireworks.
?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
Wessex might be one of the few who doesn’t know what the last meeting here had been like; she has nothing to go off of except what she doesn’t want it to become. Watching the familiar faces enter, the Wraith finds herself smiling a little, first at Clemente, ‘Yes,’ she responds mentally. ‘Ascended stay together,’ and when Samuel and Nate enter, she is a bit surprised, but refrains from anything length at this point. ‘Welcome to the family,’ she offers to the newest member (and Sam) in a bit of a Godfather-ish way, but there is something vaguely… mob boss about her now and then, so hopefully the minor intrusion can be forgiven.

There’s Hotaru, whom, yes, she spends a moment looking, and Amun, whom she mentally laughs with, unsure if it will the last time she’s up there or not. Loren and his boring eyes (Weapons? Why? Does he think her so insane that she would attack someone here?) receive the same in turn, until the sides crinkle at the sight of a still-blind Rexanna. ‘Hi, Rex,’ she sends, letting the woman know she’s been seen.

Amalia makes her way up front, and though they are adversaries, it makes Wessex smile on the inside to see her hard eyes. To see her standing up for herself and what she believes in, even it’s racist to the core, even if it’s lead by a victor’s version of history, even if it sets them at odds for all of eternity. That fierce kind of pride can’t be manufactured. It’s something of a mother’s pride; a mother’s bittersweet, agonizing pride. There’s her girl. Jigano stays at the door, but he has a glance for him, too.

Finally, there are no more stragglers and though Wessex finds Remi and Ronin curiously absent, she can imagine why they might stay away. She can’t wait any longer. She won’t wait. Rising from the chair, Wessex stands at the dais and raises her hand, asking for their attention. When the room quiets, the Queen begins in a strong, confident voice.

”Thank you for coming.

I don’t usually make speeches, and those of you who know me well know that I don’t often offer long explanations - but there’s a lot to address.”
There’s no podium, nothing to hide her from their eyes. She picks a spot somewhere in the center and plants herself, settling in for what might be the most she’s ever said - or will ever say - at a single time.  

“You already know that just before LongNight a portal in the Mathair was opened by a group of Ascended. It was a mistake to start there. We should’ve tried to open the one in the Spire first. And despite our best efforts to avoid death, five Fae died.” She doesn’t elaborate on the cause of death, knowing that no one will care about whether or not it was The Voice who did it or the Ascended. “I tried to pause everything to talk, but it didn’t work. What happened at the Mathair is my responsibility, my fault, as is what happened afterwards.” Not LongNight, of course - no, she’d managed to do well during that week, even if no one would remember.

”After LongNight, War Chief Delah issued an ultimatum: I could step down as Queen and she’d allow the Grounders, barring Ascended, access to the Greatwood. Or I could keep my position and you’d all be confined to the Hollowed Ground. I would have stepped down then and there if it weren’t for two things: One, there was another portal option, and two, I didn’t want to set the precedent of allowing the Fae, or any other non-Grounder, to dictate what happens here.” And if they can’t see the importance of that, they’re all idiots, in her humble opinion.  

“So in an attempt to use the Spire portal, a small group of volunteers went to the basement of the Spire and cleared enough rubble to open the door again. There was a giant snake guarding that portal, and it refused to allow Ascended to use it. It was placed there by the Old Gods, and because I’ve never known anything of the Old Gods to be friendly toward Ascended or be convinced to change its mind,” Hell, the Old Gods once tried to kill her at a shrine, but you don’t see her out there whining about it. “there was a fight there, too. During that fight I summoned a Frost Giant from Halo and it killed the snake.” Her reasons for choosing a Giant go unmentioned, that the snake was the first to strike at her, that its venom hissed and sizzled on the ground.  

“I’m sure some of you have heard that I attacked Jigano. I did. I tried to knock him unconscious and get him out of that room, and when that failed, yes, he was still there when the Giant came. And then he tried to bite me in half, right in front of the Voice. The Voice spared him, even though he attacked her chosen child, in front of her. Let him off with a warning - not to try and restrict access to the portals again.” Her eyes fly the bard, daring him to continue to omit the whole truth of the matter. There’s no space to interject, though, as she continues without pause.

“The portal to Halo is now open. I spent a couple of days there carving a safe path for all to use and negotiating a friendly agreement with its Warden, Neron Launceleyn. Yes, the Launceleyns have control of yet another place, but you have free passage within Halo, so long as you bring a gift for his people. Food, primarily. Or fuel and supplies. They have a lot of meat and furs, feathers, or minerals from the mines. Halo citizens are also expected to bring something here. If you’d like to explore, and I encourage you all to do so, dress warmly. Whatever you need for Deepfrost, put on an extra two layers and bring yet another one. Stay on the path from the Fangs to the Citadel and be careful in the Tundra. It’s a cold and dangerous place, and with Zariah in charge of a magic school there, I would seriously urge you to be on guard if you meet her. Aggression from her will not be tolerated here.

It’s not an ideal place, but I think it’s just the first step in exploring Caido. There will be better places out there, we just have to find them.”
Like Torchline. Someplace warm. A beach, maybe.  

“You might be wondering what’s caused me to do all these things.” It’s really quite simple, and she can imagine the majority of the crowd can understand. “I’ve lived my entire life in this cage. Watched my people die from disease, landsharks, and starvation. I’ve watched our strongest throw themselves against a barrier and die against its magic. I am the last of my family; everyone else succumbed to an illness without a cure. We’ve been held captive and whether or not you agree on the reason why, there is an overwhelming desire to see more of our world. Live. Everything I’ve done is so I can give our people - everyone - the chance to choose how they want to live their lives. Whether it’s here, or elsewhere.” A single-minded task, but a monumental task nonetheless. And it’s an easy one, because it coincides so well with the Voice’s goals.  

“There are still many portals left to be opened, and I’m dedicated to finding a way to do that - peacefully from now on, if at all possible. When The Voice created the portals, She meant for them to be open to everyone: Accepted, Attuned, Abandoned, Ascended, Fae, Demi-Gods… any and all. To travel Caido as they please, as quickly as they please.”

She tries to find individuals in the crows, making eye contact with an open expression. “I also wanted to give you the chance to have your voices heard because it hasn’t been lately. Leadership decisions were made without everyone’s input. And as the schisms in the Grounds grow wider, I think it’s important to move forward the way you want to. This is your chance to choose. You’ve heard my faults and you know what I’ve done around the Grounds to hopefully help you.” She’s done more than Edy and Ronin, restored their freedoms, trained some in self-defense, helped open businesses and yes, even planted Vi’s roses to help fight the Blight. It may not be enough for some - it may be for others; it’s impossible to know who values what.

“Keep me in my position and I’ll create a council to help me run the Grounds - combine Outlander knowledge with Natural knowledge to make this home a better place. Or you can choose someone else.” Stump speech done, Wessex moves to the tables and boxes to her right, opening them and holding something up so hopefully most everyone can see.  

“Here are pieces of paper and pencils. If you vote for me to step down - thereby regaining access to the Greatwood - write in a replacement. The person with the most votes will assume leadership tomorrow, if they want to accept the position.” Bending down to write something on the paper, she slips it into a hole in the box and steps back up to the dais.  

“I won’t be taking questions now - I don’t want this to turn into a shouting match. You can demand answers about any and all things in the coming days if I end up staying. If you don’t want me to stay, there’s no point in answering, as I imagine you’ve already made up your minds. Talk amongst yourselves, if you wish. I’ll be back in an hour to count the votes along with, ahhh… you, if you please.” She gestures to a random NPC in the front row - to make sure everyone’s satisfied that count remains impartial and untampered with.

‘I’ll be nearby if anything goes seriously wrong,' she sends to the Ascended, and then disappears from the dais. If anything turns this meeting upside down, it won’t be because of Wessex. This is in the hands of supposed more responsible, ‘good’ adults now.
---------------------------
Ok! You have one IC hour or 36 RL hours to vote via this link: https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/fpDTxWHV

Chat all you want, Wessex will be back at 10:30 pm EST, Nov 26 to tally (aka screenshot) the results.

Please, please, please keep all things IC, as all leadership decisions prior to this have been done without OOC discussion.

And as usual, feel free to DM Astor with any questions!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren stayed silent throughout Wessex’s entire speech, though his eyes narrowed in parts. When she left, he sighed, then stepped forward. ”You should all know that the Greatwood will never be open to us so long as Wessex remains queen. So if you value your freedom, you should consider that.” His voice rang through the hall, and he walked to the front of the room, though he did not ascend to the dais. Instead, he stood just in front of it as he turned to face them, remaining on their level.

”I was in the Spire. I asked that Wessex and Jigano and Adam allow me to step through the portal so we could see that it was working. She chose not to wait to see if we could find a non-violent solution to getting around the snake, such as trying to lure or teleport it away, or building or finding another path to the portal. Instead, she twisted the magic I had given her to protect you to her own ends.” He paused to allow that fact to sink in. ”Jigano can speak more to those events, if he wants.” Eyes flicking to the bard, the summoner nodded in acknowledgement of the other man.

Then the Launceleyn continued on. ”As for Zariah, my cousin has already attacked multiple individuals in the Hollowed Grounds, and Wessex has done nothing to prevent it. Nor has she asked the militia to intervene, though I took it upon myself to tell my cousin that I will jail her if she assaults anyone else.” His voice was certain, and he rested his hand on his hilt.

However, he sighed. ”But that’s not important. What’s important is that the people of the Hollowed Grounds have no need of a monarch. No need for a leader who will unilaterally make decisions for them, and then claim they did it in their best interests.” His eyes swept the crowd. ”What they need is someone who will listen to the concerns of everyone in the Hollowed Grounds, regardless of race. Who will serve them, not rule them, to the best of their abilities, and if they fail in that sacred duty, will step aside so others who are better suited can serve instead.” As he spoke, a quiet intensity built in his voice.

Clasping his arms behind his back, he smiled, then. This time, his tone was quieter. ”I know many of you have issues with me, and are entirely right to do so. I have made many, many mistakes, and I make no claims to being perfect. Quite the opposite in fact. I do wish to apologize to those I have wronged and hurt, however and I swear that I am trying to be a better person.” His smile slipped away, though his posture and expression was still confident. ”But I wish to make this region a welcoming place for everyone. I know the Hollowed Grounds can be great, if we work together instead of driving each other apart." Pausing, he smiled again. "If you let me, I promise that I will do my best to be your obedient servant.” Remaining at the front of the room, he stood there, waiting for a response to his words or to Wessex’s.
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
People filed in and Oliver did receive a couple of glances here or there, but nothing to particularly note of, really.

Wessex took the stage and started what seemed to be a well rehearsed speech. Some of it, he knew of, while other parts were new and unfamiliar, where it was either brand new or things he only heard bits and pieces of. Either way, he listened with open ears, ignoring any distractions that came from around him.

One thing that severely put Oliver off was Wessex refusing to answer any questions. While others may have already formed opinions, Oliver hadn't fully decided on his quite yet. He wanted to ask for clarification and see Wessex's opinion on particular things. However, she seemed to be adamant about not answering anything as she soon left. The frown was evident on his face, but it soon morphed into curiosity when a very familiar voice rang through the room. Yet again, he was posed with new information, conflicting at times. He had formed opinions and he could easily be biased, thanks to Loren being so kind to him in the past.

There were ideas he had, but he was wary as he had only been there for a short time. Would his opinions and ideas really matter? Thanks to being at the front of the room, it wouldn't be too hard for at least Loren to hear him. He spoke loud and kept his eyes on Loren, hoping that his voice would at least be carried a few rows back. "Wessex spoke of creating a council, but had no information on how it'd be created. She said that she would be creating it, so how can we trust that it will be fully unbiased? A council is meant to put the person in power in check, but if the person in power creates it, it's just an even bigger thing for those who oppose her to fight against." It was a jumble of words and it was obvious that he hadn't practiced. It was a question that would be asked to the Queen, but of course, she left.

"We need to make sure there are people that have different backgrounds, maybe even different views entirely, to help make sure an action really is the best for us...I mean, I don't like the fact that she kept a lot of this a secret or at least decided it without seemingly asking anyone. I'm sorry for making assumptions, but it's hard not to when she refuses to answer questions at this time."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING