Dragon Scrubbies [Open]
Open
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It starts with sleep deprivation
It ends with a double life
ADAM
"Jeeeeez, and I thought my family was messed up." Adam shook his head, laughing with wide eyes. "You know what? I'll give you that you seem to be the most normal one, so well done. Guess you didn't drink the crazy incest asshole juice like everyone else." Not that he'd come around on Loren quite so easily, but at least the man hadn't zapped him with lightning within five minutes of an introduction.

It seemed 'bezzie mates' had not yet arrived into the public conscious here. "Best friends. We're close. I hang out at her bakery all the time - she's kind of a nerd, but I love her." He shrugged, smiling fondly at the thought of his devout friend.

"Yeah yeah, as I said, doesn't really apply." He waved a hand. Honestly, it took a lot of the fun out of his work. When he had been taking from lords with gold-plated carriages, it had felt like he was doing something important against the society that had killed his father. Now it just felt like a hobby. "Oh don't worry, we already know the manor is a good spot." He stretched casually.

His arms still up, Coffee coming to curl by his side, he looked sideways at Loren. "So what's your big plan, since your meeting with brother dearest went all shitty? Still going to explore Halo?"
Is there a back door in this place?
I'll not be going quietly today.
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Loren just stared at Adam for a moment before sighing. ”Lucky me.” There was a wry tone to the summoner’s voice, though his eyes had a haunted look for a moment before he shook his head.

At the mention of the dark-haired man being best friends, the Launceleyn smiled faintly. ”That’s good.” Then he tilted his head and gave Adam a quizzical look. ”What’s a nerd?” Loren’s tone was genuinely curious.

Running a hand through his hair, the summoner shrugged at the dark-haired man. ”Well. As I said, you can take whatever you want from the Manor.” As Coffee returned to Adam, Astra trotted up to them, not willing to part with her new friends just yet. Indeed, she nudged the dragon, before curling up at the dark-haired man’s feet. The Launceleyn smiled at the sight, though it slipped away at Adam’s question. ”I don’t have any plans. How about you?”
LOREN
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM
Loren asking 'whats a nerd?' definitely rated high on Adam's best moments so far in Caido and he couldn't help his snorting laughter, having to put a hand over his mouth to stop himself going too far. "Sorry..sorry, that's funny. Uh...it's like...someone who isn't much of a party person and likes stuff like maths or...gets really into weird boring little subjects. Hard to explain." He shrugged. "Don't get me wrong though, I love her. She's great."

Whatever if he wanted, huh? Adam reckoned if he took Loren's pillows it might not go down very well, or all his underwear - but he couldn't be bothered making the silly joke. Still, he smirked to image Pet running out of the manor with a handful of Loren's briefs (he didn't seem like a boxers guy).

"No plans at all? Shit. I mean I don't have any either, but I'm me. My whole thing is drifting about and being a cool sexy mess. You seem like you're meant to have your shit together." Adam commented, absentmindedly patting Astra.
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren raised his eyebrows at Adam’s explanation. ”She is. Although you say nerd like it’s a bad thing.” Letting out a huff of laughter, the summoner shook his head. ”I don’t like parties, and I like math and subjects that most people don’t know or care about. Being a nerd sounds great.” He smiled at the dark-haired man.

However, it slipped away as Adam commented on the Launceleyn's lack of plans. "You really need to work on your thing, then, cause all I'm seeing is the mess part." There was a gently teasing tone in Loren's voice, since so far he was not impressed by Adam in the slightest. Then, though, the summoner sighed. "Appearances can be deceiving." His voice came out quietly. Astra, at least, was incredibly happy for the head pats, pressing against the dark-haired man and looking up at him with adoring eyes.
LOREN
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"I guess it depends on your perspective." Adam replied, though he couldn't help the remnants of his laughter still hanging about his mouth as Loren called himself a nerd freely.

He pouted as Loren continued to not get his roguish allure. "C'mon, man. I get plenty of interest and it's not just cos I have a big cock. I mean, that helps, but I have a bit of something something too." Adam placed his hands under his chin, batting his eyelashes at Loren, though the motion didn't last long, turning into a shrug. "But really I just kind of do whatever I want and when I need money or food or whatever I work some random jobs for it. It's worked for all my life up til now, so I don't see a reason to change."

Maybe Loren needed something to change though, if his depressed voice was anything to go by. "Well have you got a house, someone to make out with and food to eat? That's at least the base level of shit you need to have together."
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren grinned. ”I think you’re mistaking interest for pity.” His tone was teasing, and not at all falling for the ridiculously batted eyes or the pouting. However, he held up a placating hand. "You do what works for you. As I said, if Peter's happy, I have no quarrel with you." Smiling slightly more gently, the summoner bent down to give Coffee some attention, scratching under his chin.

Glancing up at Adam, the Launceleyn smiled again. "I do, yes." Then he raised his eyebrows. "Surprised?" His expression and his tone were more than a bit challenging as he stared up at the dark-haired man.
LOREN
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"Peter is very happy." He insisted with a nod. Loren was so boring, which was Adam's opinion of most people that didn't immediately fall for his roguish charms. Coffee was apparently doing better than him, Loren giving the dragon more pets, which the lizard enjoyed immensely, making a happy growl and squishing his snout up into Loren's palm. "Tart." Adam commented.

He shook his head. "No. Like I said, you look like someone with their shit together and it sounds like you pretty much are. Though I pity the poor soul with you - what about when cousin Zariah finds out and forces them to marry you and produce a lot of little Lorens?" Adam teased, unable to help himself.
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren’s eyes narrowed, but that was his only response to Adam’s comment about making Peter happy. However, when the dark-haired man called Coffee a tart, the summoner grinned, and gave the dragon an extra firm scratch. ”Don’t take it out on Coffee. He just needs some affection after his bath.” The Launceleyn’s voice was far more gentle than he’d give most people.

The corners of the his lips quirked up. ”Did you miss the part where Zariah disowned me and threatened to kill me? I think she’s written off any kids as well.” Thogh he was joking, there was a bitter edge to it. However, he found himself smiling for real as he thought of Abasi. ”Zariah wouldn’t approve the marriage, and even if she did there wouldn’t be babies.” Smirking a little, he shot the dark-haired man a smug look.
LOREN
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
"He needs affection at any given moment." Not that Adam could really say much about that, given he was much the same. Coffee darted out his long tongue to lick a little at Loren's wrist, as far away from the image of a deadly mythological creature as he could get. "C'mon, you're meant to be scary. Like my guard-dragon." Adam teased.

He wasn't sure how seriously he took the cuttings-off of someone as hasty as Zariah, who would try to strike someone with lightning less than half an hour after meeting them. "I'm sure she'll come back when she needs you. But ok, no babies. Good for you." Lifting a hand as if he was toasting to something, Adam brushed himself off and stood up.

"I should prolly be on my way. Boyfriends to corrupt and manors to pillage." He winked, whistling for Coffee to come up by his shoulders, which the dragon did.
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren looked up at Adam, grinning. Then the summoner returned his attention to Coffee. The Launceleyn reached out with both hands to give the dragon an affectionate rub, laughing at the feel of the tongue. "You're a very scary dragon, Coffee, you certainly are." Astra, not to be ignored, trotting up. Letting out another huff of laughter, Loren placed one hand under her chin to scratch.

At the dark-haired man's next comment, though, the summoner stood up. Shrugging, he crossed his arms. "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it." When Adam said his goodbyes, the Launceleyn gave the dark-haired man a bemused smile. "Sure. I'll see you around, then." With that, Loren and Astra turned to leave as well.

-FINISHED, unless you want to do another post.
LOREN