Personal Quest Romance, or something like it
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I thought that love was in the drugs
But the more I took, the more it took away
Adam had had to come to some personal revelations recently.

1. He really was not very happy with the Launceleyns.
2. He was maturing, as disgusting as that was.
3. He was-- he was in l-- he was..

He could do this.

3. He was in love with Peter.

As much as 2 and 3 terrified him, they were still true and could help him with 1. Eventually. Sort of. He wanted to tell Peter that he loved him anyway, had to to stop the words banging around his brain like a ricocheting bullet - but he also knew the closer they got, the more chance he had of extracting his boyfriend from what was seeming more and more like a dangerous group every day.

But he was Adam Pikely. If he was going to do something so dramatic for the first time, he had to do it right (no, he had never said the dreaded words to his wife, not until after they had divorced. It had only been true in the platonic sense, anyway). It was going to be big, it was going to be sexy, it was going to knock Peter's socks off.

And hopefully at the end of it, Peter would say it back.

He had ideas, but Adam was not all that crafty nor creative, so he hoped he could gather the skills of some of the townspeople to help out. He would take more a directorial role, at least until he had to step into the limelight (and everyone else would fuck off) to invite Pet in for the night of his life.

There were 4 hours until he would come over and a lot to do. Adam stood in the doorway to his home, tapping his foot and wondering if this was a mistake. He'd asked about, told friends to bring themselves and anyone else they knew who could help with decoration, romantic words, writing, cooking.

----
Come help Adam set up a romantic evening!
4 spots, anyone can join! (except for Peter for it is a SECRET SURPRISE)

1. Amun
2. Jigano
3. Amalia
4. Ingrid
And I could never get enough
ADAM
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Romance was in the air, so obviously Amun had heard about it. He sauntered up to the other man's house, whistling cheerfully. Coming to a halt, the Ascended's eyes swept over the stranger, making no secret of the fact that the potter was checking the other man out.

Grinning wickedly, Amun winked. "Adam, right?" Sweeping into a graceful bow, there was a mischievous light twinkling in his eye when he straightened up. "Amun Arlun, at your service. It's a pleasure to meet you." His tone was clearly flirtatious. "I heard you were looking for someone to help you have a very special evening." Spreading his arms, he winked again. "Here I am."
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He wasn't sure if he and Adam qualified as friends, but he'd been teaching the bombastic man to read (secretly, of course) and Adam had been there for him when days had been at their darkest after Caiside's death. If it wasn't genuine friendship yet it was certainly the foundations for it, and Jigano tried to repay his debts.

Besides, he was also an inveterate meddler and a romantic at heart. Peter seemed like a nice enough guy, aside from that whole Launceleyn issue, and if he could help Adam out to win a heart and free the princess from the gelatinous cube? He was in.

So it was that the bard sauntered up to the door with a grin, Isuma perched on his shoulder with her long tail curled around his neck. "I hear you need a wordsmith?" he asked, arching a brow and indicating his own impeccably-dressed self.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
you drew memories in my mind I could never erase
painted colors in my heart I could never replace
Is Amalia a secret romantic?

Well. I wouldn't go that far.

Truth be told, Amalia feels incredibly out of place as she makes her way to Adam's home, her arms full of baking supplies, and more in a bag on her back. She wasn't sure what her friend would want so she brought all she could think of: enough to make cookies, or cakes, or muffins, in any flavor he might like. There's a loaf of fresh baked rye bread, too, still hot from the oven, the most attractive one of the day.

She hadn't expected anyone else here, especially so soon, and a sharp stab of jealousy tightens in her chest for a moment before coming quickly undone. Smiling a little uncertainly at Amun she makes her way around him, aiming to scoot inside past Adam and deposit her bounty upon the kitchen table, while Jyoti brazenly approaches the Ascended for more adoration and scritches.

Coming back to the doorway Amalia sheepishly rubs her wrist, face coloring up a little at how ridiculous she must appear. "I... I brought baking supplies. I thought you might like to... to bake. Something. For tonight." She doesn't realize Jigano has arrived until she is back in the doorframe, and she flashes her friend an uncertain, shy smile, still unsure on where they stand. "Hi Amun. Jigano."
meet me where the falling stars live
Amalia

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Ingrid
Ingrid was still in town. She had been planning on leaving that night, and was actually on her way back to the portal when she spotted Jigano entering a house that Ingrid (wrongly) assumed was his own. Since she'd had time to mull everything over, Ingrid realized she had a few more things she wanted to ask the tall mega-nerd, so she trotted up to the door, hoping to catch him on his way in.

"I'm sorry, but I forgot to ask..."

Of course, all she ended up catching were a few tidbits of conversation. So, this was definitely not his house, and everyone was gathered here with an oddly specific task to complete.

Welp, I guess this might as well fucking happen, she thought to herself. She waved awkwardly to the Provost, and then she turned to Adam.

"So we're getting you laid? Alright. I can decorate."
PR

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
It did feel pretty good that he could ask for something as egotistical as 'set up my date for me' and people would come. Still, Adam took a different kind of joy in it, now that he was becoming older and wiser: one more built of gratitude of friends and strangers kindness, rather than obsession with how much everyone wanted to do things for him.

The first man to arrive he did not know. As Amun checked him out Adam just as obviously returned the favour, laughing a bit at the irony of it - too late, mate. "Hey, Amun. Thanks for coming. I am looking for a good evening...though...I think you might be wanting one where someone fucks you, and I'm afraid that's not on the table here tonight. Still, if you want to stick around I'll find a way to repay you." He promised with a wink.

Jigano was next. In some ways his arrival made Adam cringe a bit, because the bard could sometimes be a little bit of a fuddy duddy. He couldn't imagine the dude ever having a night of crazy passionate...saying that he loved his boyfriend, as Adam was about to. Still, he was good with words and they were something close to friends, so he smiled and welcomed him in. "Yeah, could do with one. Thanks. Just waiting on a couple more."

Amalia had been a given, he had thought. Perhaps it would have been nice to extend her a special invitation, but he thought she had to know that she was an expected part of this anyway. He could hardly set up a whole thing without his best friend around. Especially when she came with so many delicious looking ingredients. "Holy shit, Ama, you're a fucking legend." He enthused, going to give her a hug, not noticing the embarrassment on her face.

With three people he was about to begin, but a woman came in looking rather confused, first of all going to talk to Jigano. Though as she agree to help, Adam laughed and shook his head. "I wish it was that simple. No, everyone's helping me do the next step up from getting laid. Doing the 'I love you' stuff, which is considerably harder."

Everyone there, he looked to Jigano and Amalia, knowing their skills already. "Amalia, you gotta show me how to cook something nice, yeah? It'll be really cool if I made it...uh..with some help. Last time I tried to make something it ended up all black and crispy and stuck to everything." Like tar.

As for Jigano.. "And hey, I...wrote out some words for Pet, but y'know they're not great, so maybe you could edit them for me?" With that said he passed Jigano a little scrap of paper with scrawling handwriting on, hoping he could make it all sound a little more fluent.

Ingrid and Amun, he was less aware of their talents. "I need some decorating help too. I've got these petals.." He held up a basket. "That need arranging somehow, and uh..." Looking about his house, the mix of colourful wall hangings and trinkets coming from the ceiling, the scattered items all around the floor from various market trips (obviously legitimately bought. Obviously). "Maybe if one of you knows how to make stuff look nice and romantic? There's some candles and I got some prettier bowls and stuff in the cupboard. You can get Coffee to light them."

--
No Order! Feel free to say Adam comes to you/move him about as you see fit in your post.
He has asked Amalia specifically to help with cooking and Jigano with writing his feelings - Amun and Ingrid can choose between the remaining two tasks, arranging petals wherever you please or lighting candles around the place with the help of Coffee!

Of course, you can refuse.
ADAM
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Smirking, Amun winked back at Adam. "I'll stick around, then." The Ascended's voice dropped to a sensual whisper. "I'm sure we can think of something, hopeless romantic that you are." Waggling his eyebrows, the potter leaned languidly against the closest wall.

Then Amalia arrived, and Amun gave her a brilliant smile. "Hey kitty. Long time no see!" His voice was easy-going and friendly, without a hint of heat. "Hope you've been doing alright. We should catch up some time." He opened his mouth, then closed it as she went into a backroom.

Raising his eyebrows at the next arrival, Jigano, the Ascended crossed his arms. "Are you a wordsmith, ginger?" There wasn't a hint of hostility in the potter's voice, simply a slightly teasing tone. It disappeared when the second woman arrived. For her, he swept into a graceful, but shallow bow. "I don't think we've had the pleasure of being introduced. Amun Arlun, at your service." He straightened up, then turned to face Adam once more as the man started giving instructions.

Glancing at the unknown woman, Amun quickly jumped in. "I'll deal with the petals. Though I gotta ask why you don't have living flowers, hopeless." With that, he took the basket and began wandering through Adam's house, scattering petals here and there.
AMUN
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Jigano gave Amun a cool nod of greeting, courteous but not overly friendly after how their first meeting had gone. ”Indeed,” he said gravely. Still, there was much to be done and Adam was the man of the hour – or at least, the next several – and besides, Amalia showed up soon after and Jigano’s expression softened and warmed, though there was still a hesitancy on it as he smiled back and bowed his head deeply to the baker. ”Hello Amalia. It’s good to see you.” Wherever they were going, he wasn’t sure if he would ever be allowed to hug her again, but this wasn’t the place to ask. He sent a pulse of tentative hope/query/warmth through the Attuned bond, but before he could do more a recently-familiar voice drew his attention back to the door.

He couldn’t help but grin at Ingrid’s appearance, waving back with a laugh. ”Ingrid, good to see you again so soon! This is Amalia, a fellow Loreseeker, and Adam, our host. If we can’t find a moment during the preparations I can answer your question afterwards,” he promised cheerfully before turning back to their host.

He grinned at the declaration that the ‘I love you’ stuff was harder than getting laid, but forebore the low-hanging fruit for the moment, taking the paper and looking over it thoughtfully. His smile turned downright pleased as he nodded. ”Oh yes, I can definitely work with this.” He took himself off to an unoccupied corner and pulled out a small notebook and a pencil stub before pausing to think.

Peter, he wrote neatly in his little book, Every day is better with you in it. Love always seemed out of my reach, but since meeting you I’ve learned what it really means. Seeing you happy makes me happy, and your quiet honesty inspires me to be a better man. I want to be with you, and I hope you want to be with me, too.
I love you,
Adam

When he was done he copied the words over in a simple, clear, easy-to-read script onto a new page, then tore that out and went to find Adam. ”Let me know if you have any questions about it,” he murmured, though he’d tried to keep the words simple and forthright enough to match Adam’s style – and to be easy to work out for someone who was still learning how to read.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia's eyes widen in surprise at Adam's enthusiastic hug, a laugh leaving her as her cheeks flush pink, her gaze anywhere but at the men - and woman, the stranger among them met with a rare enthusiasm from Jigano, causing something in the baker's heart to ache and clench. Still she manages a friendly enough smile, looking between the woman and the bard, her dark eyes unreadable, her expression quiet. "Hello, Ingrid."

Smiling crookedly she rubs her wrist, fingers tracing over the bracer on her left hand as the others finish their introductions and Adam sets about assigning tasks. Baking alongside him sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, yet Amalia feels herself growing excited as they make their way back to the kitchen. The commentary on his cooking skills earns an arched brow: "I don't think you can call it food anymore at that point," she points out with a laugh, spreading the ingredients for a couple different options out on the counter before them.

Turning to Adam, Amalia tilts her head. "So... I, ah, over-prepared. I brought you a loaf so you don't have to make bread, but... did you want to make dessert? Do you know what kind Peter likes? We could do a carrot cake, or blueberry lemon scones, or spiced ginger cookies..." She trails off with a shrug that clearly says: or all three.
Amalia

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Ingrid
"No, everyone's helping me do the next step up from getting laid. Doing the 'I love you' stuff, which is considerably harder."

"Doubt it," she quipped almost instantly. If a well within Jigano's mind stored his thousand gallons of self-restraint, Ingrid's was too shallow to reach the water table and had a bowl of day-old mac n' cheese at the bottom.

Ingrid raised an eyebrow as Amun bowed to her. What about her demeanor this week was screaming bow to me, motherfuckers? She was more or less trying to pass off a bra as a shirt, and she had a collar brooch pinned onto her hair-tie. Amun might as well have bowed to a dumpster fire. "I'm Ingrid," she replied.

Then, Jigano saw her. Are you going to bow too, Nerd? I swear to the Gods... He waved instead, and Ingrid grinned in response. He introduced Adam, who she'd never heard of before, and Amalia, who Jigano mentioned personally received a book from a goddess. Ingrid looked at the baker with something between jealousy and amazement and gave her a wave when she introduced herself.

Since Amun had started petal-sorting, Ingrid supposed she was on candle duty.
But who the hell is Coffee?
That's when she saw it.
A DRAGON? Oh Gods. Oh shit. Fucking perfect.
She went about gathering candles and dishes with one eye on the death lizard at all times, making sure she didn't go within thirty feet of it.
PR

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
"Yeah, maybe hit me up in thirty years and I'll give you a sympathy suck if you're still this desperate." Adam teased Amun, rather amused the guy was still trying for it even though he knew what they were here for.

It seemed that most of his guests knew each other to some extent, even if he didn't know two of them. Jigano went off into a corner to write (Adam shooting him nervous glances, just waiting to see the bard laugh, the quality of his writing about the only thing he was truly conscious of) and Amalia began to lay out food, as Amun and Ingrid went about decorating.

Though...Adam noticed Ingrid seemed hesitant to interact with Coffee. Terrified, even. He guessed they didn't have dragons in her world - he whistled for his companion to come to his arms and walked closer to her. "Hey. He won't hurt you. He's a good boy, mostly, just nips a little on your fingers when he's too eager for snacks. He'll only blow a tiny flame for the candles, like -- cmon." He bounced Coffee a little and the dragon obediently breathed out a tiny flame, at it's biggest only a couple of centimetres. "See?"

He put Coffee down a little distance away from her and went to speak to Jigano. Adam took the edited words and looked at them, mouth moving as he sounded out each word in turn and made sure he could understand the whole thing. Finding he could, he smiled and nodded at the bard, putting the paper in his pocket. "Great. Thanks. ...Hey...I dunno if you've got any experience in this kinda thing. But...do you think it'd be better to read it out or to give it to him like this? And...at the beginning or the end of the evening?"

Amalia really had over prepared, but Adam admired the effort and loved her all the more for it. She always put all of herself in for her friends. "Pet likes cake, so I think the carrot cake sounds good. Uh.." Adam rolled up his sleeves, sure that would be a part of it. "How do we start?"

Amun criticised his lack of living flowers, something Adam had not even considered. "Well fine then. What would you want to decorate with? And don't say cum. I can feel you'll wanna say cum."
--
No Order.
Tasks:
Jigano -- Advise Adam on how to use the writing
Amalia -- Cooking with Amalia time
Ingrid -- Candles
Amun -- Decoration suggestions?

As always, you do not have to do these!
ADAM
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Jigano arched his signature brow at Adam, though it was softened by his grin as he considered the questions. "If you give that to him he'll probably know someone else wrote it," he pointed out with a chuckle. "So memorizing it so you can try and say it naturally would probably be better. Otherwise, copy it down in your own handwriting on another piece of paper." The words came from Adam's heart, but they were definitely written by another hand, if Peter had ever seen Adam write anything at all.

"And you should tell him when the moment feels right." Jigano shrugged. "That will all depend on how the rest of the night goes, but you don't want it to feel too rushed, or on the other hand, too tacked on at the end. No one can really decide when that moment will be but you when it's happening." He tried not to praise Rory with too much poetry unless he was teasing him, though the leatherworker deserved it all and more. But they had built their relationship without words at first, and it was a very different scenario than Adam's. "Perhaps you'll have a chance when you're serving the meal, as a way of letting him know why you're doing all this tonight, if you think he doesn't already."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun winked, not at all bothered by Adam’s words or tone. ”Counting down the days, hopeless.” The Ascended's voice was as teasing as Adam's if not more so. Then they were off on their various tasks. The potter's was probably the easiest of all of them, though he did his best to make sure the petals were artful.

As Adam swung by and asked what Amun suggested, he laughed, the sound dark and low. "Subtly is key to romance. You're looking to communicate love, not lust aren't you hopeless?" Crossing his arms the Ascended glanced around the space. "Well, living flowers, as I said. Got any paint? If so, you could paint scenes of your relationship. The not sexy ones, of course." Although the potter smirked and his eyes held a mischievous light, his ideas were serious. "And then cushions, curtains, and nice plates to put the cake on. Well, single plate. And single fork." He winked again at Adam. "That way you'll have to share."
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Nodding agreement at carrot cake, Amalia sets about putting the other ingredients into drawers where hopefully Adam will one day find them and feel inspired to do some more baking. "Okay, well... if you want to grate the carrots I can start on the batter," the girl suggests, beginning to measure dry ingredients into one of the bowls she brought.

It is easy work, a standard recipe, and before long Amalia is ready for Adam to add the carrots to the wet ingredients and mix them all together. Pulling out her spice collection, the girl half-smiles self consciously. "I'll let you season it- I like to put in a lot of spices, but some people prefer simple flavors." Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all wait to be distributed.

As Adam makes decisions about the seasoning Amalia goes to check the oven which she definitely began to heat up earlier because I totally thought this through. "Do you know what flavors are Peter's favorite? Maybe next I can teach you something he'll like more- though I suppose let's see how this one turns out first, and if it's edible at all." A playful smile is flashed across to him, and then, because there seems to be plenty of time and little to but wait, she begins to assemble the ingredients for scones, too.
Amalia