Personal Quest Romance, or something like it

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Ingrid
Do NOT come any closer with that death lizard, Ingrid thought, her eyes widening. As Adam approached, she just about fell over in her scramble to put distance between her and Coffee.

"Yeah... I think I'll just enjoy him from way the fuck over here, thanks," she said, fighting the urge to jump out the nearest window. It was a fire-breathing dragon. Harmless? Yeah right.

Then, when Adam put the fire worm on the ground, Ingrid froze, staring straight into its evil little eyes. Fucker. Adam was right that she was scared of him, but the man had guessed incorrectly when he'd assumed that Ingrid had never seen a dragon before. She'd met multiple dragons, and they weren't particularly nice. For one, they were huge as fuck and full of teeth. Oh, and another thing: A dragon ate her parents.

With half an eye on Coffee, Ingrid finished setting up the candles around the room. Manning a shrine actually came with a lot of candle arranging, so despite the scaly distraction, she was able to place them in such a way that they'd produce a flickering, ethereal ambiance. Then, she walked to a corner devoid of all candles and sat down. "ALRIGHT. GO DO YOUR THING," she hollered in Coffee's direction. It was about to get lit.
PR

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I thought that love was in the drugs
But the more I took, the more it took away
"Yeah, yeah, good point." Adam said in agreement with Jigano, looking at the man's impeccably neat handwriting. Adam's own 'drunk spider that got into the inkwell' scrawl was hardly a match and Peter knew enough about him to know that. "I guess I'll try remember the gist of all of it then, as much as I can." He knew that in the moment it was unlikely he'd be able to recall it word for word.

The suggestion for when he should say it came with a nod, though Adam thought it might be better suited later on when they were in bed - but Jigano seemed to be a man of more sensibilities than himself, so he didn't mention it for fear of embarrassing him. "Yeah, thanks Jigano. You're a good guy."

It seemed to Adam that Amun was the sort of man to have more experience with lust than romance, but his idea about the single cake and fork was one he liked, the thought making him snort. "Good call. Not gonna do any paintings though. It'd look like two blobs having a really great time with each other." He had never been creatively gifted, at least not when it came to the visual arts.

At least Amalia could show him how to bake and with her helping, he was sure it would even be edible. He took to grating carrots well, pleased to have something easy to do while Amalia mixed the hard bits, and tossed them in proudly as if he had accomplished a great quest. "I like a lotta spices n stuff...I dunno about Pet, but he usually eats the same things as me.." Adam put in as much spice as he thought was appropriate, which was quite a lot, as it turned out.

As for what flavours Pet liked...Adam laughed. "He loves anything sweet. Goes nuts for stuff covered in sugar or biscuits or whatever." He was sure Amalia could help with that.

Ingrid still didn't want to get close to Coffee so he wouldn't force her, leaving the dragon on the ground at his feet and telling him to stay back. When the candles were all out Coffee obediently waddled over to each one and blew a flame, almost comically slow in an attempt to not unnerve her.

With all that done, Adam clapped his hands together and looked about the room, pleased to see it looked considerably more romantic than it had before - and with the smell of cake filling the room and words ready to say in his pocket, he felt far more prepared. "Thanks so much, everyone. I think I'm gonna have a hell of an evening. Before I do though, do any of you want a drink? Either to celebrate me and Pet getting closer or...I guess to celebrate me being newly single, if this goes wrong." He laughed, though the possibility did bother him.

---
Thanks!
Feel free to have a drink with Adam or leave, s'up to you
Except for Amalia who I suppose is still stuck here showing Adam how to cook :-P
(Not a very long PQ, but a PQ nonetheless.)
And I could never get enough
ADAM
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Chuckling at Adam’s comment, Amun winked at the other man. ”You say that like it’s a bad thing, hopeless.” However, the Ascended wasn’t going to press the issue.

Indeed, as Adam thanked them all, the potter smirked. "I don't think you're willing to offer the kind of drink I want." There was a playfully teasing tone in the potter's voice. "But if you are single, I'll definitely take you up on that offer." Winking again at the other man, Amun turned to the rest of the group.

His eyes lingered on Jigano for just a moment. "See you around, peppercorn." Then the Ascended grinned at Amalia. "We should catch up sometime, kitty." Giving Ingrid a nod, the potter walked away, whistling a dirty song, with a jaunty spring in his step.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Or just re-write it yourself," Jigano said again with a grin and a shrug. "Either way, I think you'll do just fine." He inhaled the spicy sweet smells beginning to waft from the kitchen appreciatively as he turned to admire how the rest of the decorating was going.

Ingrid had done a good job with the candles, and Coffee was comically lighting them one by one. Amun had scattered some petals in random places, and Jigano kept his thoughts to himself as he nodded solemnly to the dark-haired man's farewell. "Indubitably," he responded dryly. He had yet to be impressed, but that didn't mean it wouldn't happen someday. It just wasn't today.

Besides, he had damsels to rescue from fire-breathing dragons, and he was already turning to grin at Adam and place a hand over his heart, offering a shallow bow. "It was my pleasure, and I would gladly take a drink before we head out to leave you with your light-o-love. In fact, I'll take two," he added with a glance back to Ingrid. Serving himself, since Adam's hands were busy with baking, he poured two glasses of whatever the magpie man had handy, and carried one back to Ingrid with a grin and a wink. "Will some fortification help?" he asked, offering her the booze, and subtly shifting to place himself between her and Coffee.

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
Ingrid
Ingrid was paying more attention to the dragon than the glow of the candles she arranged — that was until Jigano put himself in front of the tiny hellbeast. And he had booze!

Now Jigano had more power than Ingrid could even dream of, but if there was one shitty magic trick she could best him at, it was probably her trademark alcohol-disappearing act. She grabbed the glass from his hand and emptied it in a single motion.

"Bless you, Nerd," she breathed. Then she had to pause to recover, her chest heaving, because she'd downed the entire damn thing without once coming up for air. "I forgot to ask if your library has a recent history of the Hollowed Grounds — y'know, so I can get a list of known serial killers in case one shows up in Halo with a knife. I also have a couple more questions, but I don't want to be here when lover-boy arrives," she said, stepping past Jigano and taking a strange, away-from-dragon route to the sink to rinse out her glass.

On her way out the door, she waved to Amalia and Adam. "Smell ya later! Good luck!"
PR

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
you drew memories in my mind I could never erase
painted colors in my heart I could never replace
Adam's cake takes on a decidedly spicy aroma, making Amalia practically purr as she takes a breath of the batter. She slides the cake into the ready oven while Adam offers everyone drinks and people begin to take their leave. Waving to Amun, much brighter than her earlier greeting, the girl rises and wipes her hands before grabbing Adam's sleeve and dragging him back to the counter. "No getting drunk yet. Your turn to do some work."

Not that there's a lot of work to do: she's already measured out the ingredients into small bowls, and set out a collection of flavors for him to decide between. "Here- mix the dry stuff first. And while you do you can tell me how you and Peter went from just hanging out to declarations of love."
meet me where the falling stars live
Amalia
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun and Ingrid left; Adam bid them goodbye with a wave and a final yell of 'thanks!', wondering if he'd ever see the mysteriously helpful strangers again. It seemed he wouldn't get to thank Jigano with that drink quite yet though, Amalia dragging him back to the cake. "Okay, mum." He laughed, for a moment looking to the drink then the cake mixture, wondering if he could add it in...but resisted.

He obediently went to each bowl and tried a little of each, eventually deciding on a mix and getting to work, shoving his sleeves back up so his black shirt wouldn't get ruined. "Uh..I dunno, I mean...we've just been spending a lot of time together and..." Adam shrugged, looking back to Jigano as if asking for help, but what would the bard know? This was his question to answer.

"He makes me feel special as all hell and I want to protect him and help him and everything he does makes me feel like a fucking teenager again." He shook his head, laughing embarrassed down towards his hands. "I dunno how he did it so goddamn quick, but the asshole wormed his way into my heart."
ADAM
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He grinned at Ingrid and saluted her with his own glass, watching her down hers with professional admiration. "You should read through the Chronicle book," he suggested. "When you get the chance. Travel safe!" And then she was out the door (and away from the little dragon) while a bemused Jigano sipped his drink and wandered back towards the kitchen in time to hear Amalia's question. He leaned against the doorframe, helping to keep it steady, while he grinned and waited for Adam's answer.

"Ahhh..." he murmured, expression becoming serious as he looked to Amalia with a gleam of mischief in his eyes. "It's more serious than we thought, I'm afraid. Something that's grown that organically is likely to be terminal." He kept his sober expression a moment longer before winking at Adam and raising his glass in a toast. "Congratulations on finding someone that good for you. May this be the first of many romantic nights to follow!" Because saying 'to come' would really have been dangling too much temptation in front of Adam. Jigano slid a warm grin to Amalia and a pulse of contentment that another friend of theirs had found a little romantic happiness in spite of everything Caido threw at them, content to watch (and smell) the baking for a few minutes longer as he finished his drink without rush.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
you drew memories in my mind I could never erase
painted colors in my heart I could never replace
She laughs at Jigano's serious joke, unable to contain her own amusement and delight in the situation. Shaking her head, Amalia tries and fails to meet the bard's expression without breaking character. "No cure for it. He's gone soft. Next thing you know they'll be setting a wedding date, and then adopting a gaggle of children and dressing them in leather."

They make easy work of the rest of the baking, Amalia guiding Adam firmly but gently through the steps of scones. The cake comes out just as they prepare to put the buttery treats into the oven, and the scones themselves take scarcely more than ten minutes. By the time they're finished Amalia feels she better leave Adam to it, and with a final peck on the cheek for her friend the baker heads out, though not before demanding a promise that he tell her all about sometime in the next few days.

{ama super awkward outttttt}
meet me where the falling stars live
Amalia
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Amalia and Jigano's jokes did something to Adam that very rarely happened: they flustered him. Huffing a laugh out of his mouth, he cast his eyes down, an embarrassed grin on his face. He only looked up to say something when Amalia mentioned babies. "Eeewwww. No. Last thing I want is little Adams, ever."

His smile did change to one more genuinely happy as Jigano gave his congratulations, though. A little premature perhaps, but still well-meaning. It felt good to have friends.

With the cake made and the night prepared he bid goodbye to his friends, promising to share any leftovers with them later, then shut the door, sliding down it with a dramatic blowing out of breath as he prepared for the most important date of his life.

{end! thank you <3}
ADAM