best of friends
for Sunjata
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
If Sunjata ever wanted to, Oliver would absolutely draw a picture of a penguin to show him. It was just an assumption he made, that surely the other man would know what a penguin was. Of course, he should probably realize how bad assumptions are and that they are a thing he absolutely shouldn't make. There's a small bit of teasing with his little mess up. Thankfully, Sunjata didn't seem upset at all with the little mistake he had made, which was great. Oliver already felt embarrassed enough by his poor job of asking questions. Get your head out of the dirt, Oliver.

Sadly, Haai did leave him, but that was fine because he now had a gigantic kitten in front of him...or basically a kitten. The last thing Oliver expected was to see a panther rolling around on him, but here he was. Hopefully this was helping Sunjata to feel better because hell, it was certainly making Oliver feel better.

He's so busy looking at the display of teeth that he hardly notices the batting of a paw. His hand flinches ever so slightly, but he soon relaxes. "If I ever do anything you don't like, let me know, okay?" And with that he used that hand to run a thumb along the top of the paw. It was almost as though he were about to hold the paw in his hand, his fingers on the bottom and his thumb on the top. "You guys retract your claws and stuff...that's super cool." There's a laugh as he realizes just how big the paw was compared to his hand. Hell, he dwarfed in comparison to literally everything about the panther.

While one hand focused on the paw, the other hand worked towards gently stroking his body. His hand slowly moved to run a hand along his neck. Did...did it feel good to be pet like this? Man, put that on the list of awkward questions to ask an Attuned.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
you will not choke the divine from me
A gruff nod is given Oliver’s way, understanding the words and ensuring he’d let Ollie know if he did something the panther didn’t like. Though it would depend on the control he had over his instincts, he couldn’t make promises if Oliver did something bad, like trying to harm him, if the blonde wouldn’t be met with teeth and claws. But Oliver didn’t seem like the type, and Sunjata trusts him enough to ensure that he wouldn’t.

The comment of claws has him expanding his claws safely away from Oliver’s skin, garnering an up close view of how bad the claws could hurt, how much damage they could do, before Oliver’s hands are roaming. He allows it at first, until Oliver’s hands reach his neck, petting and stroking and he stills slightly, the barest hint of a scar beneath the fur along the side where Oliver’s hand rests, and Sunjata rolls away from the blonde man to sprawl against the grasses of the labyrinth, shifting into himself. Placing his hands underneath his head, he looks to the sky and the clouds that pass by.

I can’t talk to you in that form.” He rumbles by way of apology. “The only other person that pet my neck like that was Lusea.” Another quiet offer, quiet admission, before he tilts his head to look at Oliver over the edge of the bag he’d brought. “You didn’t know, but she’s dead again. That’s why I’ve been like this.” A quiet huff before he focuses on the sky again.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Things were going well, or well for Oliver at least. Sunjata didn't seem to mind the petting for a bit. He even showed off the claws and how they could extend out. Of course, Oliver didn't flinch or really move at all. He trusted Sunjata enough to not scratch him with the claws. Instead, he focused on the moments of silence that followed, enjoying the peace it brought. All was well....until it wasn't.

In the blink of an eye, Sunjata was rolling over. Oliver retracted his hands and watched as he shifted back. At first, he thought Sunjata was just sick of being pet, but when he found out the truth? It hurt. And then he found out the whole truth...and it only felt worse. He wasn't mad at Sunjata, more upset with himself for what he had done. There's a moment of silence between the two, where Oliver takes a couple of deep breaths to mull things over.

"Do you want to talk about it? I could also tell you a story if you'd like...honestly, we could do or talk about anything you'd like." He spoke quietly and methodically. He didn't want to slip up and sound insensitive. He couldn't remember ever consoling someone after the loss of a loved one, but he would certainly try his best if that's what Sunjata wanted.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
There isn’t really much to talk about.” He rumbles in response to Oliver’s question. She’d been dead before, resurrected only for him to go and fuck things up, to have her back briefly and momentarily, before she’d left again. And it hurt worse the second time. He’d coped harder the second time. “She went to Halo I guess and something got her.” Which he still found strange, because for as much as he hated the snow, he had to have imagined the flame of Korofi would have hated it more.

His eyes remain on the sky, searching for the stars of Safrin as he contemplates, wondering if it might help to talk about her. And while he’d never really been one to talk about his past, perhaps Oliver might understand. “We were together for a while, you know? And she died a few years before I ended up here. And then suddenly, she’s here. Only to be gone again.” He sighs with a deep set heaviness along his figure, though he remains laying along the grasses.

I coped better when I wasn’t here, either that or it hurts more that she’s gone for a second time. I can’t tell the difference.” A slight sad smile crosses his face at that.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver was fine with the answer he was first given. If Sunjata had nothing to talk about, then fine, there were other options for how they could handle the rest of this. Of course, finding out Lusea had died certainly put a major damper on the rest of Oliver's plans. It would be hard to figure out how to handle this now that he knew she was more than just missing: she was dead. What he didn't expect was for Sunjata to continue speaking about it.

It turned out that maybe Sunjata eventually did want to talk about it or at least there was stuff to talk about. It was a lot to unpack and Oliver wasn't exactly sure what to say. The most he could do was lend an ear and be here for Sunjata. "Maybe....maybe it could be a mixture of both. You're in a new world that you're still getting used to, so maybe it's a bit harder to cope with things...as well, things may hurt more the second time they happen." He tries to speak as calmly as he could, so not to sound like he was being rude or disrespecting the dead.

"If you want to rant or talk, I'll be here to listen. I can try to give you advice or we could just stay here. Maybe you could show me the stars?" He hadn't taken the chance to really look at them yet, however, Sunjata was already in the perfect position for stargazing. Easily, Oliver could join him in the grass. However, all of that would be up to Sunjata.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Mmm, I suppose that’s true.” He offers to Oliver, tilting his head slightly to look over at the blonde man. “Though… Unlike before, there’s nothing there to focus my rage on.” He huffs, looking back to the sky briefly. Unlike before when he had raged and raged at his father, at the guards, planning some sort of revenge – judgement given, there wasn’t anything here. Not unless he wanted to go to Halo and try to track down exactly what had killed her, and in the end would it have been worth it in the end?

He didn’t think so.

So instead, he nods again quietly, steel eyes remaining on the sky and the waning sun. “I want to talk to Safrin, but I haven’t yet. So I look for her in the stars some nights, sometimes during the day when you can see the moon.” He offers somewhat thoughtfully. “I don’t know what I’ll talk to her about but I think it might help.” Another brief pause before he inhales, brows furrowing slightly as he looks at the sky. “Last time she died I self-exiled to a different country for a few years before I came here. Nobody knew who I was, so it made it easy.” Another pause. “Here, a surprising amount of people know me and I think that makes it harder.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
He wasn't entirely sure what Sunjata meant when he talked about focusing his rage on something. Did he mean finding a method of letting out his anger? If so, there were some things that Oliver could think of. "Well....maybe there are things? Just different from what you did before." There was a short pause where Oliver was thinking for a bit. "Maybe you could train more...or maybe you could take up some hobbies? I know of a few that help you to let out your energy and pent up emotions." Oliver wasn't trying to be rude, he was trying to be as helpful as possible. Hopefully Sunjata would be somewhat willing to accept his help.

Sunjata remains in the same position, so Oliver accepts it as an invitation. He lays down where he was, making sure to give Sunjata enough space. Didn't want to lay down right next to the dude. Staring up at the sky, Oliver sighed and allowed his body to relax. "Safrin...would be a good person to talk to. I think she'd be able to help you out a lot." Oliver could only hope that Safrin was watching over Sunjata, making sure that he'd be okay.

The way Sunjata handled his emotions didn't sound optimal. Hell, it sounded pretty dang bad. "Things will be different for you in a lot of ways, I cannot deny that....and more people may know you hear, but I can assure you that so many of those people care about you." Oliver couldn't find the words to express what he was thinking. Sunjata wasn't alone and it was okay to be sad, but it was also important to remember that nobody would judge him for being hurt. Or that he would be mistreated. Oliver didn't want to wake up one day to find out Sunjata had disappeared, gone for good. It'd break his heart and he honestly believed Sunjata may regret the decision if he chose to do it.

"Whatever you need, I'll try to help provide it to you. You can rant to me however long you want, we can train, or hell I could cook for you if you're too tired to get out of bed." It was a bit awkward, but Oliver wanted to show Sunjata it'd be okay. He could take however long it took for him to recover, but he also should remember that Oliver was there for him. That he shouldn't have to run away and deal with this all alone.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He shrugs lightly to Oliver’s first comment, nodding and understanding in a sense where the blonde man was coming from. The comment of training, however, and hobbies, he smiles softly. “I’ve got a few of those, but alas I don’t have my boxing ring up yet so.” He trails off, exhaling and continuing to look at the sky while Oliver joins him in the grasses, beside him but with enough space. He offers a quiet nod to the next statement too, a light frown crossing his face.

I haven’t gone to see her since I took you, last time. I wanted to thank her for the panther shift.” He admits, a bit sheepishly as he squints lightly against the sun as the cloud releases the view of it from behind. But soon, soon he’d go and try to talk to her, to see her and see if she could give him anything to do, see if there was something he could do for her. To repay her, in some sense.

But Oliver continues to speak, commenting that things would be different, that people cared about him here, and he wishes so deeply that it weren’t true. He knows it is, but there’s a part of him that hates that he’s made himself so well known, that he cant slink and hide into the shadows, a forgotten face among the crowd like he might have once been able to do. His life had grown intertwined with so many of those within the Hollowed Grounds, and it was difficult in more ways than one for him.

Still, Oliver offers so much and Sunjata tilts his head over to the blonde man with a small sorrowful smile. “Thanks Ollie.” He rumbles before looking back to the sky. “I’ll keep it in mind.” Though if he’s being honest, he’d much rather bear the brunt of his burdens alone. Less people got hurt that way, in the end.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There's a pause between when Sunjata speaks and when Oliver says something. It's mostly just him deep in thought, contemplating what to say next. "We could always build it? Put up a notice and then get it built...I don't really know what a boxing ring is, or well I don't remember what it is...but I'm sure we could get it built." There's a flutter of hope to his voice, a hint of him believing it could help Sunjata out. To go through the tasks of creating something and then to see the finished product. It may help fill in some gaps in his life. A boxing ring would absolutely not replace the spot that Lusea once took up, but it could give the attuned a sense of pride, a sense that he had done something great despite facing terrible events. "We should also bake some day...we could make some bread or something, you and I. I think it'd be fun." He flashes the other man a smile, hoping that Sunjata would accept his offer. Sunjata could use that, too. It followed along the same concept of the boxing ring. Creating something and then being able to see what it could do once it was complete.

Once more, there is a gap of silence between when each of them speaks. It could be Oliver savoring in the silence or maybe he's once again in thought, millions of questions and ideas roaring in his head. "I'm...sorry that this sounds stupid, but what do you mean? Does Safrin give you each new shift? Hell, I don't even know where new magics come from. Do you do something great and then a new shift appears in your like...mind space?" And that was when Oliver stopped. He had tons more questions, but didn't want to bombard Sunjata, especially seeing as he was grieving, but maybe this would prove to be a good distraction.

"You comforted me when I was drunk off my ass and sobbing over something so small and meaningless...only seems right I be here for you. If you need anything, a drinking buddy or someone to rant to or really anything, let me know."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I plan to, eventually.” He answers quietly, thoughtfully. First the bar needed to be finished and opened. After that? Well, then he could start planning the rest of it. For the time being, however, he was stuck as this shell of himself, until it got easier, until it hurt less. “I’ll let you know when I do, though.” He offers, deciding that Oliver could at least help.

But the mention of baking? He snorts lightly, turning his head to look over at the blonde man. “I’m no cook, no baker.” He didn’t want to be one, either. He was meant for fighting, for training, for physical things. Baking wasn’t included in that spectrum. But if Oliver wanted company while he baked, well, that could be arranged. He’s just certain that if he were to try and make something it’d come out like ash.

Silence expands along the conversation, however, and he focuses back on the sky as Oliver questions Safrin’s abilities. And when he mentions mind space, it confuses Sunjata for a brief moment. “Well, I don’t know if it’s from Safrin. But she made me Attuned, so I think it’s likely to assume.” He begins, trailing off momentarily. “I don’t… Have a mind space? I just reach into myself and I change. I didn’t know I had the panther form until LongNight when I became it.” A shrug.

But he comments about how he had helped comfort him during LongNight and Sunjata nods slightly. He still finds it a bit ridiculous of a moment, but LongNight had been rough and difficult for everyone. There was no judgements on his end, at the end of the day. So he nods, instead. “I’ll let you know.” He offers easily.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver nods in an agreement of sorts. He wouldn't push Sunjata on building the boxing ring. The man would get to it when he was more free and so, Oliver would just have to be on the look out for any postings. As well, Sunjata was a man of his word so surely he'd warn him if he decided to build it anytime soon.

A small frown forms on his face in response to the next remark. It was something he couldn't agree with, for once. "Don't say that...baking is different from cooking. Plus, you sometimes need to find the right thing to make. It takes time to learn. I'll get the supplies all you need to supply is that handsome face of yours." There's a teasing tone towards the end as Oliver turns to look over at him. He doesn't see any reason why Sunjata couldn't at least try to bake.

Turning to look back towards the sky, Oliver listened to Sunjata's explanation on how attuned shifts work. Or well, kind of an explanation on it. "How did you find out about the panther? Was it a thought in your head? Like 'you can now turn into a panther'. Like...how does that even work?" Seeing as he knew so little about the attuned individuals, he wanted to get a better understanding of how that sort of stuff worked. Hell, he struggled to even find out about his own magic.

That was the last thing he had to say for now, allowing the rest to conclude smoothly. He had nothing else to say on the subject of Sunjata allowing him to tag along the next time he got drunk off his ass.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A light snort is sent Oliver’s way at his reasoning, requesting his ‘handsome face’. A term he’s heard from plenty of women in his time, rarely from men at all. But he passes it off. “Perhaps.” He concedes, unsure if he even feels as though he’s up for baking or cooking or doing anything of that nature when the war that raged within him wanted to train and train again. Or perhaps, like he did in Korofi, and fight until someone took him down — blacked him out with a concussion. That was usually how he coped, dealt with it all.

But things were different here. He was bred and made to destroy and dismantle, to uphold injustices and be able to take down those that opposed him. He didn’t create, he didn’t make things. He simply just was, and that had been enough.

He scans the skies as Oliver asks him about his shifts, and he keeps his gaze steady and forward, leg shifting slightly along the grasses. “It’s sort of a feeling for me? Like this part of me I reach to when I want to become something more. When Loren was burning down the Rathskeller, I was trying to protect the door and I thought maybe shifting into a bird and flying to herd people to the door would be easier, and next thing I knew I was a panther.” He shrugs. “Now that I know it’s there, I just feel for the shift. Whether I want claws or wings, and I become it.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Perhaps wasn't a no and he was going to take it. It wasn't exactly what he had hoped for, but he wasn't going to turn it down. With a smile on his face, he offered Sunjata a nod before turning to look back up at the sky. The two obviously had different coping styles. Sometimes, Oliver would fall into a pit of drinking, one that he knew was bad and regretted instantly the day later. It could be a possible reason why he was so eager to help Sunjata find healthier solutions to dealing with his pain, ones that were creative and prove to be helpful, rather than harmful. In fact, a couple other ideas sprang to mind when his thoughts drifted off, but he'd mention them in a bit.

There is another nod as Oliver listens to him. "Interesting...so you could have another shift right now maybe? You just...don't know yet?" It reminded him in a small way of his own experiences with magic. It would possibly be a good thing to mention to Sunjata, at least so the man can be a bit more filled in on his own life. "When I found out about my magic....I only knew half of it. It came out of nowhere. I was scared and it just happened. I knew I had another magic, but Loren told me to focus on the one I knew about. Make sure I had a handle of it...and then Remi helped me to find the other one. It's kinda like yours, in a way, except I knew it was there...I could feel it."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The thought that Oliver gives him is a good one, and he focuses on that briefly before trying to reach into that part of himself, forgoing the sorrow and frustration that lingers in his chest and heart for those different variations of himself. “I suppose it’s possible.” He concedes, brows furrowing as he looks to the sky, reaching deeply for that same feeling, wondering what he was even searching for. He continues this when Oliver continues on, commenting that he knew he had another magic, just not what it was.

And for Sunjata? All he could feel were wings and claws, nothing more and nothing less.

There’s a rumble of contemplation that leaves him, deep and accented before he glances over to Oliver with the briefest hint of a smile. “I can only feel these two if I go searching.” He offers quietly, pulling himself out of those shadowed, hidden places of his soul for the different versions of himself. Perhaps one day he might get more, might prove himself and find another, but for the time being it’s either navy wings for flight, or dark fur and claws.
sunjata

Coding base by Odd!