Can You Picture It: The Life We Could Have Lived?
Cassandra Kaito

Age: 23 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 3 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Sky Offline
Change author:
MP: 50
CASS
"Mom, is this right?" Cass called, trying to locate her mother in the shop. She wore a season-appropriate emerald green dress. It wasn't on backwards this time, which was definitely progress, however, clearly she had forgotten to button it in the back, because it sagged forward and fell off her arms.

She nearly tripped several times as her eyes scanned for her mother. Where could Hotaru have gone?

"I also put my oats in hot water before I ate them this morning even though it made them weird and mushy!" she added, hoping to coax Hotaru out of whatever crevice she might be in. Perhaps she wasn't in the shop?

Cassie pawed impatiently, which translated to her punching the air in front of her.

Huh. That's somehow less effective without kicking up a dust cloud. What do humans do when they're waiting? she wondered, trying it with a hind limb and nearly capsizing for good measure.

Hotaru

Base Code by Skylark!

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HOTARU
For a woman of secrecy and manipulation, she has fallen into domestic motherly life swiftly with Cassandra returned to her. For all her failings, she prays that she was never a bad mother to her children. That they never felt the sting of prolonged disapproval that she did, the feeling of being misplaced and forgotten. So when Cassandra calls out for her, love bubbles like a fount in her breast, and she heeds the call as swiftly as she can. Pinning one last piece of her new project, the blonde steps out from her workshop area and smiles at her daughter.

The gown is beautiful and complimentary of her skin and hair, just as Hotaru had hoped. Though the sagging in the front makes her laugh softly as she approaches, watching her daughter sway and teeter on her unfamiliar limbs. Even if this is how she moves about the world for the rest her life, Hotaru will never be anything less than charmed by it. "Very close dear. The back needs to be buttoned up, but it's easier with a second pair of hands regardless." And Hotaru is happy to be that helping hand for however long she needs. With clever hands - and a familiarity with the buttons considering she made the dress - she closes up the back and gently squeezes Cassie's shoulder.

"Next time try some berries in it, it makes the mush a little more pleasant." A teasing grin aims her daughter's way, pleased she's so willing to try new things, undaunted by all the drastic changes that have been thrown her way. "Do you have any plans for today?"
you are the sun
you heal and
you burn
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Cassandra Kaito

Age: 23 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
CASS
"If it's easier with a second pair of hands, why do I have feet?" Cass grumbled with joking grin. She still couldn't get over the fact that her forelimbs and hind limbs were so different. Cass leaned into the touch when her mother squeezed her shoulder, and she gave Hotaru a warm smile, her eyes sparkling with gratitude for the dress and just about everything else.

"Next time try some berries in it, it makes the mush a little more pleasant."

"Berries with my oats? Are all humans this picky? Don't you remember when you used to eat grass and accidentally swallowing a grasshopper or two wasn't a big deal?" Cass teased back. One thing she'd learned quickly is that humans were disgusted by bugs, and she found that absolutely hilarious.

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"Well that depends on whether you'd mind if I watch you work," Cass replied. She wanted to know how her mother had made her dress. Plus, it was bound to be better than it was in Helovia with all the diplomats and herd meetings and whatnot.

Base Code by Skylark!

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
HOTARU
"So that you have to rely on me a little longer, and I can keep you all to myself," she teases brightly as her fingers deftly finish the garment. Leaning forward she presses a kiss to the back of Cassandra's head, incapable of restraining herself physically with her daughter so miraculously returned to her these days. She has always been a loving, affectionate mother, but frankly it's getting a bit ridiculous with how she can't seem to keep her hands off Cassandra. As if she'll somehow disappear with the wind in an instant, leaving her bereft and more heartbroken than ever.

But for now there is noise, laughter, love that distracts and pulls her from the mire of such dark thoughts. Laughing, the woman heads towards her cutting table where cut cloth is laid out flat, ready for sewing. "Oh I do. I'm torn between being grateful I get to taste so many different flavors now, and hating that it takes so much more time just to find and make food now." Turning she props her hip against the table with a grin aimed Cassandra's way. "Much easier to stay trim though, can't just drop my head whenever I get an inkling of hunger." Patting her stomach, Hotaru winks.

Turning and gesturing with a warm smile towards her table, she tilts her head to invite her daughter to her side. "You're always welcome to watch. Want to help me finish the base of this blouse? I need something lighter for the warming weather." And something to display in the windows of course, to bring in the customers as the weather changed.
you are the sun
you heal and
you burn
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Cassandra Kaito

Change author:
CASS
"Just because I learn to do stuff on my own doesn't mean I'll ever spend less time with you," she said. Having been torn from her mother, Cass was happily skipping the whole teenager "ew mom" stage.

"Much easier to stay trim though, can't just drop my head whenever I get an inkling of hunger."

Cass giggled. "It doesn't matter how much you eat. In that body, there's no way you're making it to a thousand pounds ever again."

Cassie's eyes lit up when her mother not only said she could watch, but also offered to let her help! She stumbled in her excitement, having to lean on the nearest clothing rack to catch herself. "Whoops. Stupid feet again."

After regaining her balance, she gave Hotaru her answer: "Of course I want to! But... for warming weather? So it's not just the eating that takes forever now: shedding takes work, too. Oh bother. At least you get to pick the color!"

Base Code by Skylark!

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
"A blessing in itself," she assures, eyes warm and unguarded. Hotaru had suffered the teenage phase ten times over - from herself, her twin, all her children, and the children in her kingdom. She certainly appreciates not experiencing it all over again with Cassandra. She may have been made into a younger version of herself in this world, but that would certainly age her into an old maid if she had to suffer through that hormonal trainwreck.

Well, she still might, but at least Cassie seems sure that avoidance won't be part of that particular 'growing up' package.

"Something I'm grateful for! Even when I feast I know I won't end up a literal horse," she says with a wide, childish grin to match her daughter's. Though she's still young enough to be vain over her appearance, a few extra pounds wouldn't be amiss on her slight frame even if she did have the chance to constantly indulge. Grass availability notwithstanding.

The fumbling is quite familiar now, and Hotaru merely smiles as Cassie rights herself with a little help from her clothing rack. Everything in the shop had been made more durable after Cassandra's appearance, otherwise she would have ended up with far more broken things than they had already suffered through. Small prices to pay for the adorableness of the antics, and her daughter's presence alone. "Luckily shedding isn't itchy now though, you can just take on and off the clothes. No more rolling around on the ground trying to get that impossible spot on your back - unless you want to of course." Her grin says that she doesn't doubt Cass will absolutely try to if the urge ever strikes, and submits to the notion of trying to get grass stains out of whatever her daughter will be wearing that day. "How about you pick the color? What do you think I should go with?"
you are the sun
you heal and
you burn
Cassandra Kaito

Change author:
CASS
"Glad you think so," Cass replied cheerily.

She grinned at her mother's quip about food. "Yeah, I guess having food available does make it easier to keep from rekking yourself in terms of diet," she said.

Despite the loss of her glorious coat, Hotaru did have a point about the itchy shedding part. "Yeah... plus I maybe won't get hair everywhere. Then I'll get to, like... clean less." She couldn't help being a little disappointed that humans weren't supposed to roll around on their backs. That was always fun. Especially in mud. (Knowing Cass's favorite rolling spots, grass stains were going to be the least of Hotaru's stain-removal problems.)

"Really? I can pick? OMG I'm so excited!" she said, practically bouncing up and down. (Normally, a teen would be pretty nonplussed about something that simple, but Cass was excited to do just about anything with her mother right now.) "Uhhhhhhh... purple!"

Base Code by Skylark!