Trying My Best (OPEN)
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

At least Jigano didn't seem to mind him asking questions about why the bard would want his fluid - at least they were not so far apart now that Jigano wanted his blood without any explanation for it. He supposed that given Wessex had apparently bitten without his consent, it was reasonable for Jigano to want protections against it; personally Sam considered drinking to be something intimate, close, not to be done with someone you were not close to - most other Ascended felt similarly, he thought (wrongly). While he was not sure it was worth the fuss to guard against one Ascended's bite....

He wanted Jigano to like him still. And he did trust the bard, perhaps foolishly, to not use the fluid for violent means towards his family. "...Alright. Um...do you...have a knife, then?" He asked, unsure how else to gather the fluid. "I'm not sure if just my ah...saliva or tears or anything would do, since the strongest fluid is in our veins..."{/b}

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He had never said that Wessex had bitten him, only that he had history with her, and reason not to trust her since they’d fought before, but Sam had a habit of hearing what he wanted to hear and Jigano couldn’t know what misconceptions filtered into his friend’s head, even at the best of times.

As for the rest, he agreed completely that drinking was something to be done for intimacy or emergencies, not on a whim as those like Amun seemed to think. And there was no telling what other Outlanders would arrive as Ascended, and what their moral codes would be like. No, he sought safety and protection from more than just Wessex, but she and the Voice had certainly given him the fear and impetus to do something about it rather than relying on the (all too rare) kindness of strangers.

”Ah, good point,” he grimaced slightly at the necessity of asking a friend to literally open a vein for him. ”I should pick up a small vial to put it in, too, so I don’t need to ask again if I spill it. There’s a bottle I got from Remi for the glow-light chemical back in the Guildhall, if you’ll join me there? And… thank you, Sam. I really appreciate this. I’m glad we can still help each other, even if we disagree on our theologies.”

In the interest of moving things along, if Sam would join him he’d lead the way back to the Atheneum, where the Hall would provide a small, clean bottle and a clean blade for the bookmaker to use to ‘bleed’ himself with.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Jigano speaking of the practicalities, vials and so on, really drove home to Sam what it was he was doing. He knew Wessex would hate it. Most of the Ascended would probably be vehemently against it. Yet, to keep Jigano's approval, he would trust him with this; if it was misused, it would be the last time he gave anything so important to the bard.

"Yes. Let's go. ...I'm glad too." He smiled, though it was quick and weak. After their conversation, he was finding it hard to keep his spirits up too much. Jigano had a use for his fluid, but he knew the man still thought him at best misguided, at worst stupid and dangerous. Still, they walked off in the same direction towards the guildhall, even as Sam was wondering how long it would last.

~fin~

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child