Honey, I Can't Keep Up
For Rexanna
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
"In a way there would be tasks to do anyway if we were not Ascended, though normally they might be more entertaining than these are likely to be." Bastien laughed, leaning down to kiss Rexanna's cheek - it was too hard to resist, when she was looking up at him so close.

She was silent for a moment as she considered and he tried his best to not think on it. If he spent too long remembering what she had told him about her past pregnancies he would become irrationally angry at someone he had no way to punish. The best way to solve the heat in his chest about her treatment was to give Rexanna everything he could now, he knew - he stroked her arm softly, waiting for her response.

"Then we will ask her. Either way, it would be our child." The words still felt a little strange, like a fantasy he was finally giving voice to; he felt fear in his heart as well, though he suspected that was likely normal. "...Do you have any ideas for what would make a good name? I'm afraid if it's up to me it will be the name of one of my cherished painters from Venice, which may prove difficult to pronounce for some here."
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
you are like the golden hour. it all glows different
At Bastien’s laugh, a chimed one of her own joins his. She leans into his kiss gently, holding him gently to her as she looks up at him through unseeing eyes. “Far more entertaining, I think.” She agrees with a brighter smile before she considers it deeply, weighing the pros and the cons of what it could be like. She eventually she agrees, listening for his commentary, what he has to say to her acceptance, the excitement of the possibilities of a life and family.

It would. And how wonderful that would be.” She admits, smile ending softly along her face, until he asks for names. “What is the name you’re thinking of?” She asks in a small amount of amusement. She’d likely pick something Latin, something like her own name based off of habit. How she had named the first child that she’d bore Tiberias, without anyone else to help her decide on it. But this was almost more exciting, figuring out that she can bounce names off of him for input, they can come to the decision together.
when you're here
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
Rexanna seemed to want to hear his names anyway despite his warning, so he was quiet for a moment to think of them then began, idling stroking her hair as he spoke: "Well, for a boy...Lorenzo, Paolo or maybe Pietro...all of them Venetian painters of the past, all very respectable artists in their own right." Perhaps there was a part of him that hoped by naming their child after an artist, they might form a painter together. Though he had sworn to himself he would love and support his child in whatever they wanted to do, even if it was something entirely incomprehensible to him.

"And for a girl...Rosalba. Sofonisba...Caterina. I have always cared for the names of the Italians; they roll pleasantly off the tongue. For a while I played with trading my own French name for one of theirs, but no - I was too proud of my heritage. Besides, I have been Bastien for so long now it would feel odd to change." He had been using the same signature at the bottom of his paintings since boyhood, had developed his reputation under his name; he could not have so easily adopted a new identity.

"Do you care for any of those names? I will not be offended if you do not." He laughed.
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
He strokes her hair, and likewise her hand strokes his arm gently while he thinks, while he begins to announce the names that he has hidden behind that creative mind of his. And the options he gives for a boys name causes a smile to spark along her face. “Pietro and Paolo.” She hums thoughtfully, replicating his accent the best she can to ensure she says it correctly, before she grows silent again as she listens to him list out the girls names.

And she listens to those too, though as she mimics the way her tongue would shift to follow the lines of the words, she finds those to be perhaps a bit more difficult, aside from Catarina, of course. But she understands, snorting lightly as he comments he wanted to change his name but how strange it would feel. “I’m lucky that when I married you, our last names have the same initial. All I have to do is add a ‘D’ to the signature.” She gives him a light, chimed laugh at that before she shakes her head.

I like Pietro and Paolo… So how about this.” She tilts her head away from him a bit as she contemplates. “If it’s a boy, you can pick the name. But if it’s a girl, I get to pick.” Angling her head toward him, the bandana along her face shifts lightly, just enough to see the hint of a raised eyebrow beneath it. She contemplates their now-shared last name, what the name itself means and how the language of her name was one he understood intimately, and she smiles faintly. “For a girl… What do you think of Fleur? Or Rosalee?” She questions, tilting her head.
when you're here
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
Bastien's mouth formed an amused smile as Rexanna pronounced the names - she really wasn't too far off and he knew he would probably struggle with names from her world, but he could feel hardcore Italian linguists cringe from all the way in the Doge's Palace. Still, they had time to get it right and now that they were the only ones in the world that knew of the name anyway, they could say it how they liked. "Pietro and Paolo? Are we planning on two now?" He teased.

"Ah! You are right, that is fortunate. It might have been less so for you if we were still in Europe. My name was popular in some circles, less so in others." He laughed. At least here he had managed to shed the sins of his past, even if he'd immediately picked up new ones.

Her suggestion was one he could agree to. "That sounds fair." The raised eyebrow he could just see caught his attention because it reminded him suddenly of what he could not see - when they were just talking like this, it was so easy to forget about her eyes. Still, he hid the sudden lump in his throat well as he said: "Rosalee De Rosieres is probably too many roses. So I think Fleur would be better, yes? We do not want to curse a child to a life obsessed with what are honestly rather boring flowers."
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
His question amuses her and she laughs lightly to him before shaking her head softly. “I imagine we’d have our hands full with just the one and Pittore, hm?” She gives him a bright fanged smile, shaking her head again at the thought, the amusement that lingers in the lines of her face. Yet the comment of his name being popular in some circles and not in others has her shoulders rising and falling in a small shrug. “As if mine wasn’t either?” She chides playfully, squeezing his arm gently.

Reyes was my mother’s maiden name. I kept it when I married Cal much to the dismay of everyone else. Though they’re probably thankful for it now.” She jests, amused despite the dark topic. At least they couldn’t say she sullied their name too.

But he agrees to her terms and she smiles brightly at that, and to the agreement of the names despite roses being boring flowers. “I like roses.” She comments rather quietly, before reaching up to pull him close to her to press her lips against his gently. “I especially like this one.” She smiles brightly up to him.
when you're here
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
"Absolutely. Though Pittore I believe is able to care for himself; after all he was in the guild all Longnight on his own. I just can't help myself spoiling him." Bastien had been surprised by just how easily he'd fallen into the role of a father, a caregiver - it seemed teaching, comforting, helping were just in his nature.

He laughed and shrugged as she pointed out her own name was hardly a social benefit. "I suppose not. It is fortunate for the both of us we are here, then, where we can be free from our reputations." Not that he'd made himself a fantastic one upon arriving in the Hollowed Grounds, but a questionable reputation of a year was easier to get away from than one of several years and two cities. "I am honoured then, that you chose to take mine upon our marriage."

Returning the kiss, his lips pressing to hers despite his smile, he stroked a thumb along her jaw then leaned back to look over the water, still smiling (a little goofily. Rexanna was one of the only people ever able to get Bastien what some may have called 'flustered'). For a moment he simply watched the water, then his wife, glad he could be so happy even in the midst of this chaotic place.

Occasionally it still crept into their space though. Looking at her, seeing her as both the woman he knew and loved and the new Queen, he wondered if the crown would be too heavy for her head. Not that she wasn't strong enough; he knew she was. But tensions were high in Caido and Rexanna had always tried to do the fair thing: would she be able to make the hard decisions? "Do you know who you might choose to bring to a council? When you make one? I absolutely do not want to be a part of it, so do not feel obligated to include me." He laughed, drinking and waiting for her answer.
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Nor can I.” She assures him with a light hum of laughter. But she’d always carried that maternal instinct, and regardless of her abilities to recreate anymore, it was a personality factor of hers that she couldn’t part with – nor did she think the Voice particularly wanted that part gone, or she might have done something about it. She’s thankful her goddess hadn’t.

But neither her nor his names had been pleasant topics back home, and she can’t help the wider smile that crosses her face as she nods to the fortune they’ve been granted. Things had calmed, things had quelled, and now there were mere ripples where their names stood in comparison to tidal waves there may have once been. As he tells her he’s honored though, she snorts with a light smirk. “New beginnings, remember?” It’s almost all but a whisper as her lips meet his, as his thumb strokes her jaw, and she settles against his chest as he looks out over the water – unable to look at anything but enjoy the presence of having him there.

Still, she’s somewhat surprised at the question of the council, smiling lightly to him when he mentions to not feel obligated to have him on it. “I’m letting a few people know some plans, but for the most part it’ll be up to vote so people can decide whom they wish to represent them.” She announces, tilting her head slightly with a brighter smile at that. “I’m afraid there’s no section in it for loving artistic husbands.” She jests, nuzzling her cheek into his chest again. “Though you would absolutely excel at it.
when you're here
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
"He is going to grow fat if we keep giving him so many sweets." Bastien laughed. Not that Pittore was skinny anyway, but he found it far too easy to slip the gremlin a few chocolates or pastries any time he entered the guildhall.

New beginnings was right and there was no one he would rather start again with. As Rexanna laid against his chest his eyes wandered to her instead of the waters and he wondered what it was she saw under the bandage. Was it blackness or truly nothing at all? She was taking it incredibly well, as he'd known she would (she'd always been strong) but he wondered just how terrifying it was to be without the sight she'd had her whole life. He couldn't quite bring himself to ask though, just in case she was somehow unaware of how much she'd lost.

"Even if they're voting, you will need nominated candidates, hm? Is there anybody you would put forward? Or...let me say it like this; who would you vote for?" Truthfully, he had no idea who he would choose in such an election.
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Her own chime of a laugh accompanies Bastien’s comment about Pittore and how they spoil him. “I suppose you’ll have to show him how to shed the pounds.” She teases lightly, poking at his middle – not to insinuate anything, but simply to mention how he’d remained so fit with everything and the Ascension that he had to have a secret of some sort.

She settles along his chest, in his lap, content despite not being able to see the water he claimed was so beautiful today – she knew they’d have more chances, more beautiful moments of being together and simply enjoying the world outside their home in the future – once she got her eyes again. It wasn’t long now.

As he questions the voting, she nods. “I figured I’d let people offer if they wanted the positions. Though I plan to let a couple of them know ahead of time just in case they wish to prepare anything.” A slight roll of her shoulders before she angles her head up toward him again. “We’ll have a section for Military, which I think Deimos would probably remain in should he want it. I want an advisor for the Naturals and for the Outlanders. Just to have someone to speak both sides. Someone for the health and healing aspect, to ensure that we can remain safe from disease and what not the more portals are opened… I imagine Phoebe might excel in that role. And lastly, I want someone for Caido’s history, which Jigano would be well suited for should he want it too. Someone to be able to recollect and ensure we don’t make the same mistakes as before.” She pauses, head leaning into his chest a bit more as she snuggles in.

And then I’ll let them all decide if I should remain queen, or who should take my place.
when you're here
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
"I've always just been blessed with a Godly metabolism." Bastien bragged, though this was actually untrue - in Venice he had simply not been able to afford much food for himself and had done a lot of physical work. While that was not as true in Caido, his Ascension had stopped any loss of his shape.

Holding her in his arms was one of the joys Bastien held most dear to his heart and he could do it forever. Listening to her decisions, her choices, he nodded along to most of them, occasionally raising an eyebrow or frowning out over the water as he considered others. "You feel we are in need of a military, then?" Was his first question, carefully kept free of judgement either way for the moment.

"You may come up against some resistance, choosing an Outlander such as Jigano to chronicle the histories of Caido. I agree he would do well in the role, but..." He tutted. "People do not like when outsides come to tell them their own stories." Not that he could think of anyone else to do it, so perhaps it was more a matter of working out how to sell it to the people correctly. "I have no doubt that you will remain queen, though. How could anyone take the crown from you, when it so wonderfully sits upon your head? Even my anarchist eyes cannot deny it's suitability."
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Mmm.” She comments in a hum of a sound at Bastien’s bragging. She doesn’t deny that the Ascension has effected his shape, and she snuggles in closer to his body as if she might forget the curve of his biceps, the edge of his shoulder where it dipped to find his collarbone. But she doesn’t comment further, not until he mentions the military, and she nods slowly. “I don’t trust Zariah.” She admits ruefully, a slight frown crossing her face from her unseeing eyes. “Though I won’t do anything like a draft. I just want to be sure we won’t be invaded.” Another small pause before she goes on to explain the positions she’s worked on, who she’d planned on giving a small heads up.

They do not, you’re right.” She says, tilting her head back to him, as though she can look through the blindfold to see his stunning face. “That’s why I’ll put it up for a vote. Let those that think that they can do it, offer themselves. Let the people choose.” A smile for that – because in that way, if the people had their say, could they truly be fully upset in the end when they had approved, agreed?

He does offer a small amount of certainty that she’ll remain queen, though she finds it half unlikely. Still, she can’t help the wrinkle of her nose, the snort that leaves her and the chimed breath of air that leaves her lungs. “Well, perhaps I might just take it too much to my head and bring it to the bedroom, hm?” She teases him, hand wrapping around his arm to keep him near. “See how this anarchist feels about that.” A laugh, a bright smile sent his way.
when you're here
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
We could watch the waves
We could watch the sky
"Ha, who does?" Bastien asked rhetorically, unsure if the ex-Queen had made herself any friends at all during her short-lived rule. "Without a draft do you think we will have enough heads to make an army? Not that I am advocating for such a thing, absolutely not. But I see around this town farmers, creatives, homemakers. Not soldiers." There were exceptions, but an army could not be made from a handful of aggressive citizens.

At least they were on the same page as far as the position of chronicler went. "A vote I will be very interested to see the results of. Will they allow an Outlander to tell them their own histories?" He had to admit, this was something he understood. He would have been very defensive indeed of his own cultural stories (the few that he had known, the few his mother had told him) in Venice, had someone there tried to remake them as their own.

Chuckling under his breath, he moved with Rexanna so they were holding each other. "That sounds rather fortunate, as I am a hedonist too. I am sure I can find a space in my ideals to make room for a bedroom Queen." With a wink, he leaned closer, a smile on his lips turning to a deep kiss.
Or just sit and wait
As the time ticks by
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Exactly.” She teases Bastien at his rhetorical question, before she listens to him thoughtfully. “I think that if we made it worth it for people? At least to learn how to protect themselves, it would be worth it. And perhaps it might focus a bit more on… Defenses rather than bodies until we have the people willing?” She suggests thoughtfully. If the people of the Hollowed Grounds felt safe, perhaps more would be willing to try it out.

The mention of the vote, however, has her bobbing her head again to that with a brief smile. “We’ll find out, I’m positive.” She hums, though her face almost takes on a whimsical look crossing her face. It doesn’t last long, soon as they’re both in the position to be holding one another, and her eyeless face angles toward him with a brilliant, playful smile that crosses her face when he speaks – though she misses his wink, she can hear it in his words, and she opens her mouth to respond something surely cheeky.

But it’s lost as soon as his lips are on hers, giving her a deep kiss that she returns as her fingers find their way into his hair, along the base of his neck.
when you're here
REXANNA