the wine of friendship
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Never having met one of the devils or demons from his world, Adam couldn't really comment if his had been as keen on paperwork, mostly he'd heard about them burning people eternally and so on. "Did you ever actually meet any in person, then? Did they have horns and hooves and stuff?" There'd been plenty of depictions of hell in the religious buildings in his old world, so he knew what they were meant to look like.

All of Jigano's musings on his family were interesting enough, but one word stood out from his speech, that Adam had to ask about. "What...is a Worldwound? Sounds kinda gory. Maybe it's good you didn't have kids though, yeah, at least yet..." Whatever the details of Jigano's curse, it sounded stressful.

Did he regret coming to Caido? Adam frowned as he thought on the question, taking a drink and pushing the liquid around his mouth for a moment. [b]"...I miss home a lot. But I wasn't really doing anything too important there, I guess. Not that I am here....at least it's something new. And I think I've changed, too, in a way that's prolly good."
He used to sneer at the idea of maturing, but it had certainly improved a lot of his life.

"I...don't think so. Kinda hard to know, when you have the job I did - I had plenty of lady clients and well..." He shrugged, the idea making him uncomfortable. "None that anyone ever told me about, anyway."

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?
Do you wanna get drunk and stay the night?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"No devils," Jigano mused thoughtfully, a faint frown creasing his forehead at the unpleasant memories. "But a few demons, yes. Lesser ones, at least. No hooves on them, but their skulls came to a sort of... upward curving point at the back," he turned his head to gesture behind at the base of his skull. "Kind of like a horn, I suppose? They looked like six foot tall skeletons wrapped in slimy leather hide, with long tails and talons. Nasty beings." He didn't mind leaving their ilk behind on Golarion when he'd come to Caido!

"It was a portal to the Abyss," he explained succinctly, then relented and gave Adam a wry smile. "When the god Arodan disappeared a hundred years or so ago it disrupted the balance, and opened a tear between our plane and the Abyss, and the demons started coming through. That's the Worldwound. A lot of good men and women have made it their life's work to push back the incursion... for several generations now. The Fifth Crusade were supposedly on the cusp of final victory when I came here, so I guess I'll never know if it worked." He swirled the cider in his glass morosely, then shook off the shadow of frustration that not knowing always cast over him. He turned the question around on Adam, asking about what he thought of his abduction to here. The answer was very Adam-ish, and Jigano nodded wryly at the mention of changing for the better, toasting his friend in silent agreement.

"Ah well. It sounds as though Amalia will happily babysit if you do decide to have kids now that you're here," the bard said cheekily, even though he suspected neither of them were really in the market for offspring. Not now, perhaps not ever.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"Wait, there's a difference between devils and demons?" Adam asked, tilting his head. Though Jigano's description of one certainly made sure that he didn't want to see the differences up close for himself. "Back home we had uh...'The' Devil, and he was like, the big bad demon boss, I guess? But people still called demons devils sometimes..." He'd never thought so hard about the distinctions between the denizens of Hell before; perhaps he would have been more interested in church had it let him drink and ramble on about devils.

'The Abyss' definitely sounded like bad news. Seemed like Jigano didn't have a satisfying end to the story though, just like how Adam didn't know how things ended up on his world. With a frustrated sigh he sunk back in his chair. "We gotta see sometime if we can find a way to just take a look back into our old worlds. Even if we can't go back. Just so we can see what's going on."

At the idea of Amalia babysitting any potential Adam-lets, he pulled a face. "No. I've never ever wanted them. Luckily there ain't much of a chance of it with Pet..er."

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
”Yes, of course,” Jigano answered back, tilting his head to mirror Adam with owlish confusion as to why that wasn’t widely known. ”Devils are creatures of order from the plane of Hell. Evil, yes, but followers of their own rigid laws and contracts. Demons are creatures of chaos from the Abyss, sowing destruction for the joy of it.” He shook his head at Adam’s description, utterly bemused. ”I wish there was only one devil. But no, on my world demons and devils can’t stand each other and are as apt to fight each other as anyone else.” He shrugged.

”Maybe,” Jigano mused to the mention of a mirror back to the old words. ”Or… perhaps it would be wiser to let things be, and embrace our present and future.” He smiled wryly at his friend. ”Not that I’m not curious! But I think… it would be hard to see the lives we can no longer touch, and the tragedies we would ask ourselves if he would have prevented if only we had been there instead of here.” And he carried too much guilt already, as Ludo and Safrin had both told him.

Mention of the minimal risk of kids with Pet(er) had the bard chuckling and he raised the bottle in agreement. ”Aye, we’re both in agreement on that! I never know quite what to do with them.”
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

The way Jigano answered his question as if it was so obvious made Adam laugh. "Hey, it wasn't like that where I'm from. Or at least, as far as I know." Demon and Devil wars sounded very cool in a sort of story way (not to actually experience). "Did they have any big fights while you were around?"

While the bard was probably right about not actually wanting to see back into their old worlds, Adam couldn't help but wish he could check up on the few he'd cared about, as reckless as they had been - even better he'd love to send them a message, tell them not to look for him, as he was sure they had. "...D'ya...think people tried to find you? They must think we're all dead." A depressing thought.

A look of surprise crossed his face as he returned the toast. "Huh. I thought you seemed kinda....dad-ly. Like you'd wanna have a little Jigano running around to look after and teach about the world."

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"...You make an excellent point, good sir," Jigano said after a moment, grinning ruefully as he toasted Adam with his bottle. "Different worlds, different... demons and devils, I suppose. But no, I mostly ran into them on separate occasions." He had run into devils, he remembered belatedly as his writer tried to flip through old campaign notes, far worse than the babau demons, but those were memories he shied away from, drenched in blood and pain as they were.

The swashbuckler's question brought a sad smile to the bard's lips and he gave a gentle shake of his head. "Me? No. I... left them all behind several years before I came to Caido. I was running from my past for a good five years before I ended up here. If any had tried to find me in that time... well, they didn't succeed. I regret it now, though at the time I was too wounded and lost in my own head to see the additional pain I was causing them." He had never expected to see them again, in truth, which made the portal to Caido far less traumatic for him than for those who had left ties to friends and family dangling and broken in the wake of their transport to this brutal new world.

Jigano, bard par excellence, very nearly choked on his cider as the word 'dadly' was used. "Gods least fortunate, don't even joke about it!" he begged. "One of me is already too many!"
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

"Fair...I wonder who'd win." Adam idly speculated, imagining a fight in his head likely much more cartoony and fun than the real conflict would be.

Jigano had a really depressing answer to his question, one that blew his own sadness over search parties out of the water. As much as it saddened him to think of people not being able to find him, it was better to think that than that they wouldn't look at all. "Oh. Well...if..you ever disappear from here, I'll go looking. That's a promise." Though he had no idea where he'd start. People often disappeared from Caido like sand grains in the wind and were usually assumed dead in a deep forest or cave.

Swiftly pulled out of his melancholic state by Jigano protesting to his description, Adam laughed and shrugged. "You never know! Maybe more Jiganos will be in demand." For the moment, the one that was there certainly was - Adam had not necessarily expected it, but he was having one of the best 'drink and chat' nights of his life. The bard had proven himself to be good company indeed, and Adam could feel this becoming dangerous tempting to make into a tradition.

Time would tell if that would happen - but for this night, which extended into the early hours of the next day before he could bring himself to leave - he was very glad for his decision to spend the evening with Jigano.

finish!

A D A M
Do you wanna dance?
Do you wanna fight?