Oh, the weather outside is frightful
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
There is that, Jigano admitted reluctantly, disliking giving the former Queen any credit but too much a student of history to deny the truth of Loren's words, even if he didn't like them. He let the following silence stretch until Loren broke it with an unexpected bout of self-pity that had the dragon snorting with amused familiarity (and clearing some more icicles in the process). He'd tasted his share of that bitter draught more than enough in recent months. And what do you think of that sentiment? he asked curiously.

Ingrid came through the portal a short while ago, and sought out the Atheneum for answers, he explained, amusement coloring his mental tone at the thought of the fiery young priestess. She decided to join our ranks so we could share information about our two different regions. Also because I know where to help her find alcohol, he added after a moment's thought. Because really, he was under no illusions about her priorities, but she reminded him so much of Edy that sentiment was perhaps edging out rationality in trusting her too readily. Not too far, at least. But too readily.

And it was more pleasant to think about her than to realize that Zariah had been prowling through the Hollowed Grounds hurting his friends. The growl came back, rumbling deep in his chest, and his wings rustled in agitation. He kept his tail from lashing only through an act of will as his anger scorched briefly through the Attuned bond before he reined it back in with an effort, focusing on something he could change. The Loreseekers... yes, we are always recruiting. He snaked his long neck around to look behind him at the honeybadger prowling in his wake. His opalescent eyes were grave and a little sad as he met Loren's gaze for a moment before turning to watch the path again. We are a curious bunch by nature, but curiosity can get people killed... or at least, disappeared, he admitted with a flicker of mourning for those whose whereabouts were unknown - or worse, known exactly, like poor Caiside. I would have asked you sooner, but the blight... well. Between that and LongNight I wasn't in much shape to do much as Guildmaster. I'm trying to pull us back together, though, as best I can. A flicker of amusement, tentatively hopeful, tickled back along the bond. I don't suppose you'd be interested in joining? We could use your insight, and your ability to, well... stay alive, he added with painful honesty.

The topic of mage glass was a curious one, and at first Jigano thought Loren did mean his glasses. Glass that let one see through illusions. Apparently it had far greater power, though, and he hummed thoughtfully. No, Loren didn't need to explain the problems inherent in it, and the dragon wrinkled his muzzle in agreement. How did you find out about it? And... why would he lie about something that's so commonly rumored? The second question might be rhetorical, but if anyone would have insight into Neron's mind it would be a member of his family, even one who wasn't very close.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-03-2019, 02:25 AM