Oh, the weather outside is frightful
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

loren
Again, Loren was silent for a long while. When he finally spoke, there was a reluctant acceptance in it. I think that I have an overly inflated sense of my worth, and I’ve done little of note since coming to Caido. And I think if people are determined to go down paths I disagree with and dislike, then I need to learn how to let them. Even though the thought bothered him, which should be obvious enough to Jigano through their mental link.

I’ll have to meet this Ingrid sometime. Perhaps you should let her know there’s a fairly extensive collection of alcohol in the Manor. In response to the other man's anger, the summoner projected calm. Thankfully, the discussion of the Loreseekers proved a welcome distraction for them both. As the bard grew sad, however, Loren sent a pulse of comfort and warmth to the white-haired man. I’m sorry for your losses. There was an echo of that sorrow in the Launceleyn’s mind, far fainter, but there.

Then, however, it disappeared in a burst of surprise. Me? Perhaps it shouldn’t have been shocking, but Loren knew he hadn’t exactly proven himself a reliable ally. I am hard to kill, yes. There was a wry amusement in the Launceleyn’s mind. Most people would tell you it’s because I’m too damn stubborn to die. Falling silent, he considered the offer for a while. I am curious by nature. Though I had assumed my days as a scholar were over, I would be more than happy to be a part of the Loreseekers. He was genuinely touched by it, and his thoughts were underscored by that appreciation.

It dissipated to be replaced by a weary resignation. If I had to guess? He underestimated me, as my family usually does. Or he just screwed up. He probably thought I was just chasing rumors and legends rather than following a concrete lead, and hoped to throw me off the scent so he could use it as an advantage in negotiations. The thought wasn’t entirely certain, but it made as much sense as anything else the summoner could think of.
Never judge a book by its cover.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Loren - 12-03-2019, 03:12 PM