Oh, the weather outside is frightful
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
That sounds about right, Jigano agreed to Loren's thoughts on Safrin's pride with a sense of a sigh in the mental connection. Amalia and I learned much from an old book that Safrin translated parts of for us last year... back when I was in her better graces, he added, finding his dragon's muzzle ill-suited for grimacing. Among the Old Gods, there aren't rivalries that she revealed to us. Rather the opposite, with Vi and Mort being very much in love with each other and Rae content to pursue their own interests. It's their heralds who chafe and rub each other wrong. I don't know how much of that is from before the barrier, or a result of being trapped together within it for so long without the, ah, mitigating influence of their creators, though. It might be that they're simply diametrically opposed to each other because of what they are, or it may be as simple as the old 'familiarity breeds contempt' saying, after three hundred years of being stuck together. He couldn't quite shrug as he was walking, but his wings rose and fell in an approximation of the gesture. Either way, Safrin seems to want a person's undivided faith and loyalty. Ludo and Frey seem less...'attached' to their worshipers, but they also don't seem to have much liking for each other, and some of that rubs off on those humans who follow the other gods. A combination of what he'd learned in the book, from observation, and gathered from stories of others who had visited the shrines over the past year.

It's possible to walk a line between the three of them. Amalia does, at least. But it isn't easy, and I think she gets some leeway because she's a Natural, he admitted, just glad that Amalia remained in the good graces of those deities she had worshiped all her life.

Fiat Lux was never far from his mind at the moment, and he had hoped Loren could add something to his thoughts on the stall. His suggestions were so simple and obvious that Jigano had missed them completely, and the dragon barked a booming laugh into the snow, setting off an avalanche on a distant peak. Couldn't see the forest for the trees, he admitted cheerfully. Sly humor tinged his tone as he slanted a brief glance back, the edges of his scaled mouth curling briefly upwards. Not just Amalia and I, though, my friend! You're a Loreseeker now, too, and you'll can have a chance to spin your own tales 'afore the festival is through! He chuckled to himself before another thought caught him, and he hummed in lingering amusement. How do you feel about riddle games? And if we did one, what sort of prizes could we give?

Messages In This Thread
Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-08-2019, 12:39 AM