Oh, the weather outside is frightful
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

loren
Loren tried not to let Jigano’s comment bother the summoner too much. Still, little fingers of fear crept their way down his spine, and his footsteps came down a bit more forcefully for a while. I am aware. Though I’ve also been told both that I should stay out of fights, preferably entirely, but especially if they aren’t mine, and that not all the followers of the old gods are going to follow their tenets. Particularly in regards to the portals. The summoner couldn’t stop the concern for his friends, Ascended and portal guardians both, from spilling out through his bond with the white-haired man.

Thankfully, the discussion of Fiat Lux was a welcome distraction, one that calmed the Launceleyn. However, he sent a pulse of curiosity to the bard. Some people can’t read? I was under the impression that the Hollowed Grounds taught all their children to do so. Loren was quiet for a long while. Maybe that should be my first class then. However, his thoughts were uncertain about that.

You’re probably right about the candy versus the scroll. Then, though, a great deal of chagrined embarrassment welled up within the summoner. I walked into that, didn’t I? Giving the mental equivalent of a sigh, Loren followed it up with agreement. I’ll man the booth, especially because I haven’t heard anything from Phoebe. Folded paper creatures might be a nice prize as well.

Then he mentally sighed again. No hidden talents. I like to read, though I’ve been doing much less of that lately. He was silent for a long time, thoughts clearly troubled. I was a child soldier and mage, then a spy turned farmer turned librarian. Not exactly a whole lot of time to develop hobbies. There was a great deal of sadness and regret wrapped up in those thoughts, though the Launceleyn did his best to banish them. I can juggle. Does that count? Then he decided to turn it around on the other man. How about you?
Never judge a book by its cover.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Loren - 12-09-2019, 06:33 PM