Oh, the weather outside is frightful
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

loren
Loren was silent for a while in the face of Jigano’s words. Then, though the summoner was more than a bit nervous, he replied with perhaps not the wisest comment. I wonder, sometimes, who struck the first blow. It nagged at him, not knowing that crucial detail.

The conversation about illiteracy was troubling in a different way. At least there was something they could do about it, not that the Launceleyn was super confident in his abilities on that front. I don’t know Maea. But do you think she, and others, would be willing to come to a class rather than one-on-one sessions? It was clear how uncertain he was about that.

Rather than respond with words to the bard’s thanks, Loren just sent a pulse of acknowledgement. It faded to something far less pleasant. To be clear, the juggling was a dexterity and focus exercise. It just also happens to double as a party trick. Then he gave that mental sigh again and banished the dark thoughts as best he could from his mind.

Luckily, he had the white-haired man’s words to focus on instead. You’ve got quite a few hobbies. And skills. There might’ve been a bit of awe, and yes, jealousy, for a life of freedom and choice rather than the mental and physical prison that the summoner had been constrained to (by both himself and others). However, he immediately felt ashamed for feeling that way. You keep mentioning this paper-folding. What exactly is it? I just know the regular meditation.
Never judge a book by its cover.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Loren - 12-10-2019, 02:57 PM