Dance with the Devil [Seasonal Event]
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Archebold crouched and ran his hand along the texture of the stone bridge, taking only a moment to examine it before he stood and looked to Rexanna ,who's company he found tolerable...which was enough to spare her of his thirst.

"Each day brings another wonder..." he muttered under his breath. They bathed under a pale moon light, rather fitting for what awaited them.

"I don't often seek the company of others, over the years I've learned to distance myself from those I viewed more as livestock than entities worth preserving..." somewhere beneath that rather bleak statement was a compliment to the young lady.

Ivory walking stick tapped along the stone bridge as he gathered the view to which they walked upon.

"Funny how opportunities seem to alter perception of one's being...I suppose deep within ourselves, beneath this suit to which we present the outside, we seek to belong...somewhere, anywhere.

We wake in a world alien to our nature, yet if the opportunity to return to the familiar were there...would we take it?"

Archebold asked, one hand folded behind his back, the other gently gripping the gold lions head knob of his stick.

"Should the opportunity to return home present itself would you take it?"

Perhaps Rexanna would answer his inquiry, perhaps not...the point was moot as chattering sounds began to fill the air around them...creatures like possessed jack-o-lanterns began to slowly approach from opposite ends of the bridge, surrounding the pair.

"Well...this was hardly expected..." Archebold remarked with an amused calm.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
RexannA
your battle-worn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore
that you are ruined
Rexanna had found the presence of Archibold rather intriguing. Obviously, she had done something well by meeting this “monster” though she had yet to actually see what type he was. He had explained it to her, but there was a difference between hearing what someone had to say and actually seeing it first hand – though Rexanna wasn’t particularly interested in seeing it first-hand. Instead, she willfully accepted Archibold’s offer, finding the company of him to be particularly nice, in the way where she didn’t have to explain herself or her situations, or previous lives and alternate universes. So also didn’t seem to have to worry about destroying him like she had with Remi and their encounter with that unique god. She probably didn’t need to blame herself for it, but Rexanna was great at it, and had spent a great while doing so.

She was thinking about it when Archibold’s voice reached her as he inspected the bridge, her sapphire gaze gleaning over the nooks and crannies of the odd porous bridge – noting the moonlight as it soaked and changed the hue to a blueish grey from what she was certain was probably a more menacing tan color like bone. She moved closer to him to stand by his side and offered him a small smile and a nod to his compliment – taking it as such for the fact that she remained standing and he had invited her for company again. “I’m glad to have changed your mind.” She offered the man with a small wink and half-whispered laugh.

She allowed him to talk, however, her mind falling back to the bones around them and the god encounter with Remi until he poised a question to her. For a moment, there was a slight look of shock along her face before she laughed somewhat nervously as she adjusted her shirt in a slight nervous twitch. “Gods no. I much prefer the idea of not being hunted every second of every day.” She answered, hands falling from her shirt as if she could feel phantom bindings along her wrists. “I was on the run for… a couple of years. It doesn’t do well for the body, mind, or soul.” She offered as a bit of information, wondering if he’d remember the brand she sported on her collarbone.

Suddenly, however, chatting began to fill the area – a strange sound that reminisced of a bird but yet, not quite. Her eyes slipped from Archibold to the rest of the bridge behind him to see the pumpkins beginning their ascent to meet them in the middle. “What the hell are those?” She breathed, looking to Archibold to see if he had any explanation – he was her guide after all. Then, curiously, she picked up a fist sized rock and lunged it at the group of pumpkins. She didn’t particularly want to hit them, but she did want to try and scare them away.
AND YOU WONDER WHY HE LETS YOU — THE BUTCHER
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Why my dear, they're our audience."

Archebold mused as he tossed his walking stick aside and took Rexanna by the hand.

"Just follow my lead..."

He whispered with a wink off the side of his eye as he walked over her and twirled Rex into one of the creatures. Spinning her in a way so her foot would smash right into its face.

He chuckled rather pleased with himself as he swirled around Rex, kicking and smashing the face of another.

Archebold laughed with the bow of a showman, arms extended out to his sides.

Before half dozen others began to creep through.

"How about that...seems they desire an encore. Shall we?"
archebold
Death is not a defeat. It is a cure.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
Turning her head toward Archebold after she launched the rock at the gourd, her eyebrows lifted in a silent question to his response to her. “Audience?” She silently questioned, but didn’t ask as he turned to her, tossing his walking stick, and taking her by the hand. Her brows lifted further for a moment, but followed his lead, dancing with him along the bone bridge. Her feet moved, one finding a particularly squishy place to land in the face of a gourd and that’s when she realized. A small laugh slipped her lips, but she tightened her grip onto him, turning her sapphire gaze toward him in the hopes of catching his attention.

So help me, Archebold if they bite me.” She playfully threatened, while he moved and squashed more. Then, as they stopped to view the wreckage, she noticed that more came crawling toward them. She nodded to him with another beaming smile, grabbing onto his hand lightly and taking the lead this time. She moved with him, along the bridge like a bird, her feet kicking up enough to kick a few pumpkins and crush a few more before she let Archebold take the lead once more.

She laughed again quietly to herself, shaking her head of dark hair. “So far so good.” She mentioned, referring to earlier with the threat of the pumpkins biting her.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Collector

Change author:
Archebold would take up his walking stick and hand it to Rexanna a gesture most who knew him, wouldn't take for granted.

Placing his hands over hers he would make her slip the lionshead knob out revealing a thin saber-like blade the length of the stick.

"Mind that blade, or 'so help me'..."

He teased with a grin, throwing aside the bottom half of the stick as he snatched up Rexanna's leg, running his hand along her calf and thigh and along her side as he slowly dipped her back in a swaying motion.

Had she taken his cue and gesture she would make fancy use of that sword when dipped before being snapped up til she was nose to nose with the ascended.

She'd be greeted with a fanged grin as his held the small of her back gently before dipping her back in a sultry motion two more times to dispatch the remaining pumpkins.

Slowly, seductively bringing her back up and sliding her back down to her feet before he took the sword away from her, attaching it back to the base of the walking stick.

"I envy the man who has tasted and touched your skin. I imagine it is a moment in life he will reflect on with great pride and affinity."

He teased, taking his lack of sensation in stride, as most times he thought of it.
archebold
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
She watched briefly while Archebold offered her his walking stick, and she grasped onto the handle as her eyes slid to his hand that covered her own as they pulled a blade out from the rest of the stick. Her eyes widened but a grin formed on her lips, his voice a teasing tone as he reiterated her former words with a twist. She held onto the blade with the dexterity as though she had held them before many a time, a strange familiar sensation coming over her.

But Archebold was moving again, his hands roving along her leg and side as they continued to dance. As he dipped her, she stretched with the motion, the blade sliding out and swiping at the oncoming barrage of gourds before he lifted her back up and their noses barely touched, his fanged grin greeting her as she offered a delightful grin herself. He swooped her a few more times and she continued to swipe at the pumpkins with the blade in a strange sort of dance – full of a mix of beauty and fierceness for anyone who might have been watching.

Before long, however, the pumpkins were gone for the most part and he returned her to her feet, taking the blade and tucking it back into the walking stick before speaking. She moved to stand beside him as she listened to what he said, offering a quiet laugh in response. She turned to him, then, standing in front of him, close enough to share breaths despite the fact Rexanna had to step on her tip toes to get to a close enough height. She let her gaze drift from his lips to his dark eyes as a smirk formed on her features.

You said it was like wine… Would you savor me? Or down the whole bottle?” She whispered to him. “Keep me on the shelf for wild celebrations, or enjoy me selfishly for yourself?” She hummed, before whirling away from him in a spin and a chimed laugh, creating a small amount of distance between her and Archebold before turning to look at him again with a grin.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Collector

Change author:
As Rexanna twirled away, Archebold grinned. Had she known to whom she was addressing? Archebold's brow lifted, hand rolling the knob of his walking stick, thoughtfully as she continued to prob his appetite.

As she continued, Rexanna might have noticed his subtle movements toward her, and how the blacks of his eyes nearly consumed them entirely.

Close enough, slender fingers reached and caressed her neck. Gently they wrapped around it and tiled her head aside as the ascended leaned it and closed his eyes and the sound of her heart pumpking.

"There's music inside of you, can you hear it?"

He whispered, lips pressed to the side of her ear.

"It sings to me...It lures me with its melody. There's fear in you, that's good...There's anxiety, adrenaline too. You're asking yourself, should he bite against my neck, would he allow me to move on, kill me, or preserve me."

Thumb curled under Rex's chin as Archebold leaned in and lifted her chin before his fangs slipped out.

"Music so beautiful should be preserved, not exploited. That...That comes later."

Archebold whispered again before plunging his fangs into Rex's neck. Jaws squeezing firmer if she initially tried to resist.

Had Rexanna allowed him, Archebold continued to feed, unwilling to part his lips from her until he could feel the legs slipping from beneath.

Had Rexanna succumbed to the feeding, she would find herself waking in the manor.

The smell of bacon, herbs, and eggs slipping into her nose to guide her as the echoes of Archebold humming could be heard throughout the fully lit manor, Windows black out from the sun.
archebold
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
Rexanna had always been one to tempt the fire. She had enjoyed poking the bear, so to speak, and she was well aware of the repercussions. It wasn’t something she was afraid of, in fact she was far too curious to not experience it. She only knew it would be a matter of time before he’d take the bait, though much to Rex’s surprise it was sooner rather than later. He approached her, his fingers caressing her neck as she found her sapphire gaze lingering on his pale face and dark eyes, a small smirk forming on the corner of her lips.

He spoke of music, and she nodded subtly along despite the fact she couldn’t. It wasn’t a sound she could hear other than the rhythm of the blood in her ears, pulsing with excitement and a small amount of fear for the unknown. As he spoke her questions, she quirked a smile at him. “I’d hope to move on.” She hummed to him, tilting her head as he lifted her chin. He spoke again, but her heartbeat thrummed so hard in her ear that she couldn’t entirely make it out.

But soon enough, he had bit her neck. The feeling… was unlike anything she’d experienced. Of course there was the pressure and the pain, but there was a brilliant fiery feeling beneath it that had her craving more. She didn’t resist, she knew what she was expecting from the first time that night he’d flashed those sharp fangs her way. Her hands found their way into his shirt, to try and keep herself upright or to pull him closer, she wasn’t sure.

It felt like forever, a craving feeling within her that couldn’t be acted upon as her legs wobbled and she stumbled slightly and everything went dark. The next time her eyes opened, she was in an unfamiliar spot. A room of sorts, and when she sat up her neck was painfully sore. It was likely bruised quite a bit, aside from the obvious bite marks. Leaning back into the pillows, she ran a pale hand along her forehead and closed her eyes again, catching her breath and trying to remember what had happened after, but everything was hazy and she couldn’t recall a single thing.

The smell of bacon and food stirred her stomach into a quiet growl as she sighed, not wanting to get up but knowing she should eat. If the lightheadedness from his feeding had anything to do with that, she needed to at least replenish herself. After arguing with herself, she finally managed to get up and follow her nose to the kitchen, ungracefully plopping into a chair and staring at Archebold, but saying nothing. She’d let him speak first, but for now she rubbed aimlessly at the other side of her neck, her elbow propped on the counter.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Collector

Change author:
Archebold kept his focus on the food cooking before him, simply grinning to himself at the sound of Rexanna arriving. He heard her even before she had stood up.

He'd heart beat, the sound of life pumping into her, it served as a beacon.

At the sound of the thud of her seat, Archebold would set her plate and sit across the island counter from her.

Archebold took a fork and knife and began cutting the eggs and bacon and began to motion feeding her.

"You're far too weak to really offer any sort of resistance. Allow me to cater to you. Seems only fair considering what I took from you."

His voice held a soothing, calm to it. An ease which made every word spoken instantly absorbing.

We'd wait for Rex to open her mouth before feeding her a fork full of eggs and thinly cured bacon, herbs scooped with them.

Had she brought her lips around the fork to eat, Archebold would slide the fork out gently.

"What did you feel? In those moments you felt before fading away, waking here?"
archebold
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
RexannA
that you are ruined
As Rexanna plopped in the seat, finding her eyes squinting against the lights of the manor, she sighed quietly through her nose. She didn’t need to announce she was here, she was certain that Archebold had heard her. Still, she remained, elbow propped against the counter as she stared into the back of him. Soon enough, he set her plate down in front of her and sat across the way. When Rexanna didn’t make a move for the plate right away, she noticed Arche grab the knife and fork and begin to feed her.

She offered a light huff of laughter before bobbing her head in a nod, giving him a look that seemed to suggest ‘yes, it is the least you could do’ as she began to eat. He removed the fork and prepared another bite yet not before offering another question. She swallowed somewhat hard, contemplating his question while she seemed to stare at him, though she looked as if she were looking through him. When she finally decided to make sense of it all, she let her sapphire eyes snap up toward his dark ones, offering him a roguish grin.

Felt amazing, actually.” She began, her voice a bit groggy and sluggish. “Like nothing I’d ever felt before.” She trailed off, aimlessly rubbing the other side of her neck as if she were nervous. “Does it just replenish you? Or is there another reason one might bite someone else?” She questioned with a tilt of her head and curious gaze.
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding