Key Quest dark star
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
At the second burst of light, Amun felt the energy tear through his body already battered body. And then the rocks began to fall again, this time much more harshly. All the potter knew was that he was barely clinging to life, or whatever his Ascended existence was called.

When he fully regained consciousness, he found himself on the ground. He couldn't really do much of anything, even examine his surroundings. However, he could sense that the Temple was on the brink of collapse. So he dragged himself as best he could over to Wessex and the rest of the group, hoping they'd be able to protect him.

Amun drags himself over to the rest of the group.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Sam kept himself curled up, at this point unable to discern from the voices of those around him and the crumbling of the temple - perhaps he had recently picked up some mental fortitude, but that did not mean he was immune to great, rib-shaking panic.

In his distress the only thing he could think to do was to call The Voice back again, to drag her comforting presence back into the situation. Closing his eyes tight he pressed his hands into his face and whispered, so quiet only his Goddess could hear if she chose to listen: "Please, mother. Help me. Help us." His faith was strong that she would save him, though he still shook with fear.

--
Sam channels the Voice using Nate's blood he drank (from when he was Accepted) in terminally vague
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Wessex knows when she’s been beaten; the tiny reserve she’s been left with after a final star-energy-thingy leaves her barely conscious, spinning, and more or less hanging on solely by Amalia’s voice.

I need you.

Well, if she says so. Pulling her eyes open, the Wraith finds that the world is hazy and swimming, but as she turns her head, she sees Amun - also in super shitty condition. Grappling in her pockets, she reaches for the syringe of adrenaline and stabs in into her leg, gasping as the energy floods through her. Enough to function for a hot couple of seconds.

Can she stand? No. But there’s a slight nod to show she understands her girl. Giving it a heartbeat (and a heartbeat only) to focus her efforts, she reaches out to Amun and tries to touch him in order to teleport the two of them outside the building. Against a far Sanctuary wall and into the shadow it casts this time of evening. There’s no way she could go any further.

Window. Go. she thinks at Samuel, hoping that he can take it from there, that he can move fast enough, cause she can’t do anything else for them. Hoping that the Voice can save the Temple.
------------------

Wessex does an adrenaline shot and reaches for Amun, trying to teleport them to sitting against the far wall of the Sanctuary.

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Jigano 's earthen pillars and network of vine buy them seconds perhaps. But a supernova within an enclosed space will take more than a few magical bandaids to keep standing. Amalia 's staff splits its power between Wessex and Amun, but bandaids and all that...Luckily it seems at least Samuel is thinking.

Rocks continue to fall, for the dragon-mage can't be everywhere. Based on the amount of strength it takes to keep the pillars where they are, Jigano will know he hasn't the resources to keep the room they are in from collapsing.

Fly little birds, fly, or be crushed.

The Temple will collapse in about 3 seconds.

Temple: 21

Sam: 25/114
Ronin: 20/132 * paralyzed
Jigano: 206/340
Amun: 21/60
Amalia: 221/330
Wessex: 18/54

Order: Jigano, Amalia, Amun, Samuel, Wessex, Ronin

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Change author:
In a whisper she is there; as soon as the thought leaves Sam's mind their goddess is around them. The Voice transports Wessex, Amun, and Samuel from the temple depositing them safely outside in a whirl of electricity.

Coding base by Sky!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Damn. He'd hoped to salvage something of the Temple, prevent its collapse with the very power Safrin's lesson had accidentally seared into his soul. Some things were just not meant to be, however, and he looked to where Amalia was healing those among the Ascended who could reach her. Wessex and Amun looked well enough to make their own escape, or at least the Wraith had enough strength back to grab the potter and vanish them both to safety, but a flicker of red caught his attention and he saw Sam curled in a corner, injured foot and all. He drew in a breath, calculating time and knowing there wasn't enough but determined to at least try to get his friend out--

All three vanished, leaving only the Attuned behind.

Well alright then. At least that made things easier. With the seconds his magic had bought them he shifted to his raven form and dove towards the window. Let's go! he cried to Amalia, too much in shock over all that had happened in such a short time to process any of it yet, but with no one left inside but them, all that mattered was getting out before the temporary supports failed.

Jigano takes the hint of the Powers That Be and shifts into a raven, flying for the broken window to try and escape the collapsing structure.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
the darkest nights produce the brightest stars
The Ascended disappear, but the Temple is still crumbling.

Amalia watches Wessex and Amun vanish. She hears Jigano call out to her. She knows she has to leave, and yet---

---Safrin touching her on the cheek, the face of Vi, an undying flower---

Gods, she grew up beneath these walls. She prayed at these shrines and was answered; she gained new meaning, new purpose, a new form. How can she abandon this place in its final moments? Who is she to deserve the sunlight, when the Gods and their shrines are about to be buried, cast beneath the rubble and dust?

Her world has been crumbling for so long, and this feels like the final blow. She can feel her resolution, her determination, the final pieces of her own tremulous soul; the splintered and wounded parts of her she has worked so long to keep from shattering finally, finally giving way. Wessex is out and Jigano is out and Ronin is out and they will all live.

But this place? Her youth, and the girl she was?

That, she fears, will not survive.

Jyoti is with her still, urging her to rise, to escape- and it is only that gentle chiding, the knowledge that she is tethered to another soul, that forces Amalia to stand. Tears in her eyes, the Shield casts one last look at the shrine of Safrin, the place where her life forever changed. "I'm so sorry," the girl whispers hoarsely.

Then she shifts and flies out toward the window, perhaps a second too late.

Ama hesitates longer than she probably should before trying to fly out the window. Jyoti is ahead of her.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun felt the healing magic pour through him, giving him the energy to claw his way over to Wessex. Seeing her trying to reach him as well gave him extra motivation to try and close the gap as well. Then Samuel's prayer was answered, and the potter was swept up into the power of his goddess.

She deposited them outside and he collapsed to the ground, momentarily spent. However, he noted that only he and his fellow Ascended had been transported, and he turned to stare at the ominously rumbling Temple. He couldn't care less about Jigano, but Amalia was still in there, and Amun sent up a prayer that she'd escape safely, though he was too battered to do anything to help.

Amun stays where The Voice dumped him.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
Of course, of course The Voice came for him. Sam wept with relief as he realised the ground beneath him was the road outside, not the dangerous disaster zone of the inside of the temple. "Thank you, mother. Thank you. Thank you." He mumbled into his hands, only beginning to uncurl and look up after he could stop shaking.

His foot was in a mess and Amalia and Jigano were...he looked about, unable to see either of them. As much as he'd had troubles with both of the Portal Guardians recently, he didn't want them to die. Seeing Amun and Wessex, he called out: "Did...the others get out?"

For the moment, he did not consider Ronin. He'd started all this and frankly, deserved the consequences.

--
Sam sits up outside and asks if Amun/Wessex have seen Amalia/Jigano.
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
It doesn’t really matter who gets them out, so long as they’re out.

Thank you, she sends weairly to their Lady as the three of them come to find themselves outside, safe and sound. Except… except… something isn’t right. Blinking, she pulls herself up and looks at the three of them and realizes there are only three. Not four. Not five.

“AMALIAAAAAAA!” she screams towards the temple, blindly reaching though it would do no good. A bolt of terror and helplessness runs through her, leaving her feeling far more mortal than she has in the past year. The baker has to make it out. She has to. Because there isn't enough time for Wessex to go back in and get her.

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
In the days that come, I hope you reflect well on the choices you've made. How you've spent seconds that might translate into years off of your lives. Lives that might have ended today.

Brick and stone and all they represent, are they worth more than a friend gone mad?

Was saving a friend from injury worth the precious seconds doing so stole from you? Stole from everyone?

Consider the price paid. Was it worth it? And without your gods, where would you be? Where would anyone of you be? (hint: it's below tonnes and tonnes of rubble).

Amalia's last lingering thoughts of her childhood moments earn her only pain. Small as she is her wings break easily, part of her spine as well. It's soundless and shocking just how easily she breaks, the room crumbling around her and caring not for the small avian that tries to escape.

Well, I wouldn't call this successful! Ronin hasn't been stopped, the Temple has crumbled and Amalia? Well. You'll see.

Closing HP

Temple: 0

Sam: 25/114
Ronin: 20/132 * paralyzed
Jigano: 206/340
Amun: 21/60
Amalia: 121/330
Wessex: 18/54

Coding base by Sky!