Site Wide Event The Festival of Fiat Lux!

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
flowerbirth

It’s that time, that time again. The preparations have all been building up to this; healing the wounds left after LongNight is always a painful process, but the sun is well and truly back after Caido’s bleakest season. And it shines today on the festival of Fiat Lux, represented in a wheel of bright fire at the very centre of the celebrations. A perimeter has been set up, flanked by stalls and games and food, and music fills the air.

The season is jolly, happy - a far cry from still, cold nights and distant screams. Of course, there will be those who still bear the scars of that darkness, mourning friends and family and loved ones, grieving failures or bracing through successes, bittersweet as they may be. But those scars may be warmed, at least, by Fiat Lux and the promise of rebirth and renewal that it brings.

What will you do with this celebration? Where will its light take you?

Welcome to the SWE for Fiat Lux! You must post at least twice in order to receive credit for the event.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
The only thing that would make Phoebe miss Fiat Lux was if a woman was in labor, and that was certainly not the case this year. So she arrived early with the boys in tow, scrubbed clean and hair combed to compliment their festive attire. Atop their blonde heads sat the same honeysuckle flower crowns she had made the year before, and just as before she brought enough to go around. The midwife herself was dressed to suit the event, a pastel pink flowy dress with embroidered flowers fitting right in with the feel of the festival.

Even Pim joined in, a flowery crown hanging from his silvery horns.

Phoebe refused herself anything but happy emotions for this festival. This was for her friend Frey, and the god Rae – she would not tarnish it with anything but joy, even if she felt a twinge of melancholy thinking about who was and was not present this year. ”Auntie, can we go get strawberry puffs?” Jax said excitedly, pointing at the stand with the sweet fried pastries. ”Of course! Here, now make sure to give them crowns too, okay?” she said, sending the boys off with the crowns and what they would need to acquire the sugary treats.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Fiat Lux was upon them, and Loren was equal parts nervous and excited. He was excited because this was his first festival in Caido that was actually, well, festive, instead of dark or depressing in some way, shape or form. However, he was nervous, because it was his first festival accompanying? attending with? going together with? Abasi since they’d agreed to their courtship.

So the summoner had dressed up for once. It wasn’t much fancier than his normal attire, but he’d traded his normal plain brown, black, or grey clothes for something a little more colorful. His shirt was a rich blue, with silvery embroidery. His pants were black, but tighter than he normally wore, and while his boot were brown, they were much more fashionable. It had taken him a while to acquire them, what with the bartering and all that, but hopefully they were worth it.

Although the Launceleyn had agreed to man a booth, he was hoping he could steal some moments with the undertaker. So as Loren walked through the fields, marveling a little at everything on display, he stole shy glances towards Abasi. ”What do you think?” Weirdly, the summoner was a bit nervous.
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
ABASI

Abasi was interested to see what merriment and celebration looked like in Caido: he had been there for the Blight, Longnight...not a lot of happiness, as of yet. While he was sure it would be different from the festivals of his own home, he hoped he might still be able to have a good time - at least he was going with Loren. It made him feel a little ridiculous to think it, but at the moment he was rather sure he could enjoy anything with Loren there to see it with him.

Always one for elegant yet simple clothing, Abasi wore clothes he had bought from the market specifically because they reminded him of home; a long pale skirt and a wrap for his torso, his usual golden bracelets adorning his wrists and a small line of kohl on his eyes. A look that some might consider feminine, but the thought did not enter his mind.

He walked between the stalls with Loren, taking interest in what was being displayed, what each member of the community took pride in. As Loren spoke he looked over with a smile, the one he only really showed to the Launceleyn. "Interesting. That the people here are so conflicted, but come together for this...is it in honour of any Gods?"

The gods who existed before me
rest now in their tombs
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
With Aoife nestled against him, Remi went to one of the various stalls to get for her a flower crown. He could make her one of course, but that was hardly in the spirit of the season. So after a moment's worth of bartering, the star-eyed girl was crowned with a circlet of honey suckle and small yellow flowers.

"Now where has your father gone, mmm?" Remi asked as Aoife's plump hands patted softly against his face, her fingers working into the unshaven hairs on his cheeks. "Getting wine you say?" He mused in response to her burbles of delight. "Well I certainly hope that he is."
we were ring-around-the-rosy children, they were circles around the sun
never give up, never slow down, never grow old,
never, ever die young

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Getting all the stalls set up had certainly been an undertaking, but they had managed it admirably and now the festival was finally underway. The Loreseekers were recruiting, and they would be telling stories and offering riddle games throughout the days of the festival, but for the moment Jigano had his harp in its bag over his shoulder and was making his way towards the musicians. His mate would be along later, once the animals at the farm were tended to (they didn't know or care that it was festival time, only that they were fed and watered and had clean bedding), he hoped, but if not he'd do his best to put in an appearance for both of them.

He waved at Loren and Remi as he passed them by, nodding to Phoebe with a smile for her flower crowns as well, and proceeded to approach the dance floor and music stage with an eye out for old friends and new - and especially Lily, who he'd heard might be leading some sing-alongs throughout the party!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Unlike many of the others, Oliver didn't quite know how to dress up for the festival. Still, he tried his best to pick an outfit that was clean an appealing. He didn't have much to choose from so he ended up picking an ecru tunic and a pair of black pants that hugged his legs. He wanted to look appealing and after finding out that the festival somehow involved Frey? Might as well make an attempt to look sexy. Attempt was the key word.

There were many things he wanted to do, but lacked the resources. So instead he focused on making his hair look nice and went with that. He arrived to the festival and looked around at the others who were currently in attendance. Loren seemed a bit occupied with Abasi, so he chose to stay off to the side, waiting for someone to join him or someone that he could join. After all, it didn't sound fun to attend a festival all alone.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
He’s never gone to Fiat Lux before – having arrived almost a year ago but further into the season of Longheat. He had missed it entirely the first time. But he still manages to arrive, fairly well put together all things considered. He wears a dark navy v-shirt that almost matches his tattoos, the compass peeking out over his collarbone, and along his arms the peeking of feathers are seen beneath the edge of the sleeves. It’s not exactly Fiat Lux appropriate with bright colors and pastels, but at least he’s put himself together enough for it.

A few have already arrived, and he offers a small smile to Phoebe in greeting. Approaching easily, he offers her a small nod before taking one of the flower crowns and inspecting it. "This should do, don't you think?" He rumbles to her with a light smile, placing it atop his head before looking around at who else has arrived. A nod of greeting to Loren is given, but it’s the sight of Remi that Sunjata beelines to, recalling the note and the drink left at the opening of the bar with no Alchemist to be seen. “Hey Remi.” He rumbles in quiet greeting, a brighter smile crossing his face at the sight of him. He looks to Aoife next, to the flower crown. “And my what a beautiful crown you have there.” Ducking his head to speak to Aoife, he smiles to her, before his slate eyes lift to Remi. “Glad to see you’re doing well, and thank you for the bottle, by the way. It’s the best gin I’ve ever had.
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bullet proof
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Obviously Amun was going to be in attendance at Fiat Lux ignoring the fact the narrator already placed him there. He showed up in a form-fitting bright red shirt, black pants that left nothing to the imagination, and sandals. Strangely enough, he didn’t have any companionship, but that was alright. He was already on the lookout for suitable company for the festivities.

While he did that, he strolled around, perusing the stalls and goods on display. Nothing really jumped out at him quite yet, but then again he didn’t really need anything either. So instead he just feasted his eyes on the life on display, lips curled in a smirk. Then, however, a group of people started gathering and he meandered over to them, pleased to discover they were playing spin the bottle.

They were making his search easy, apparently. And Amun liked easy.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
The Sword had already been back and forth along the intervals of the festivities, assisting in the preparation, and then placing wares along their artisan stalls. Weaponry, armor, and any other makeshift munitions made up the portions of the militia contortions kiosk, a blend of merchant enterprise with the concoction of warrior emblems – hoping it might entice anyone interested in joining the soldier bombardments and barracks – placing finishing touches on certain other fringes. By the time he’d actually completed and concluded the production (including some miniature targets, in case anyone wanted to try anything out), his bag of holding tucked behind booths, Zuriel grazing nearby, he actually had time to wander, enjoy.

Because he had last year – a grand, shocking amount.

A less piercing, savage stroll, lacking ultimate purpose, he wandered along the entryway, glancing at newcomers, at those at their turn of the festival, at those who appeared to have found a routine in its existence. He nodded towards Remi, Loren, and Jigano, before angling himself towards the Wheel of Fire, the fire already pulsing at his fingertips.
You aren't afraid of throwing yourself
in the path of danger
but you're terrified of letting anyone in
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
Melita already had a cluster of flower crowns on her head, incapable of picking just one, and so they were blended together in a formation of orange, crimson, and lavender blossoms and petals; whatever she’d managed to find along forest edges and oasis scavenging. Some were already free and trickling down through her locks, and continued traipsing, skipping, and bounding towards the festivities without a single care; free to unburden herself from the trappings of winter, from the burdensome, overbearing whims of everything else before. No LongNight now. No blight now. No hostile, blistering, scathing tendencies billowing and curling through her ears. She wouldn’t let any of it hold her back – sunshine smiles and daffodil maneuvers, casting fond waves and merriment through her nymph maneuvers along the crowd. “Hi Remi!” as she passed through, the same delivered to Jigano, Sunjata, Amun, Oliver, and Phoebe – coasting her way along stalls and games, pondering which to choose; Fangorn rustling behind.
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Age: 118 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:

It’s all well and good to hover around the borderlands, ducking in and out of the trees as I please, but well... I’m not going to meet anyone fancy that way. Fancy, here meaning the kinds of people who were not apt to go traipsing around the borderlands to come meet me. Not that I mean any offence to those I’ve already met, even within my own head.

The grounders Fiat Lux celebration is the obvious place to start meeting people, critical mass of people and all that, but that doesn’t mean I have any idea how to actually integrate myself into the crowd. I see Jigano, and offer the silver haired man an excited wave, the pinks and yellows adorning my arms shining in the sun. Then, with my greeting done, I mingle, moving through the crowd easily and taking everything in.
Tarasha
the adnascentia of my soul will crack the earth
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Returning greetings to Jigano, Deimos, and Melita, the alchemist looked towards Sunjata as he approached. Knowing nothing of the flood's feelings of perceived discord between them, Remi simply flashed him a bright and boyish smile, waving at the taller man with his free hand. As Aoife is addressed, she trills her own greeting, babbling animatedly as her hands wave around, no doubt telling Sunjata all about her ascent to queen of the world, as evidenced by her crown.

"Ah!" Remi chuckled with slight bashfulness. "I am glad you liked it. Sorry that I could not stay longer for the opening, though it seemed you had quite the turn out."
we were ring-around-the-rosy children, they were circles around the sun
never give up, never slow down, never grow old,
never, ever die young

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He offered greetings to Melita and Deimos as he passed them by, grinning at Remi and Queen Aoife as they said hello back, and was just about to return to the Loreseeker stall for his sheet music when he saw Tarasha waving at him. He ducked through the growing crowd to greet the tattooed Fae, bowing extravagantly. "Tarasha! Glad you could make it," he greeted with a grin. He kept his hands seemingly folded behind himself while his magic pulled together flowers and leaves growing around and through each other in a vibrantly colored living braid. "I can show you around, if you'd like? Introduce you to some of the rapscallions and rogues of our little town?"

He proffered the completed crown with a charming grin, the flowers chosen to compliment the current tattoo colors on Tarasha's skin. "I need to head to the music area soon, but no one will mind if I'm a little late today! We're all a little haphazard getting started, I think." And he was far from the only musician on the stage, which helped, too!