glazed and confused
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun had sent Deimos a short note. It was written in the Ascended’s distinctive scrawl, developed on the high seas. Short as it was, it had contained quite a bit of information, namely that the potter was indeed interested in joining the Artisan’s Guild now that his pottery studio was all up and running, he still needed a kiln, and if the General wanted to help Amun with that problem, the other man should meet the Ascended after sundown.

Hopefully Deimos would be up for it. Indeed, the potter was already inside, doing a bit of clean-up in case he had a guest. As he swept and whatnot, he whistled a jaunty tune, a spring in his step.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

Notes and missives, drawn from one campaign to another, and not a battlefield in sight – the General drifted on the ethers of the sun’s disappearance, the letter stuffed into a pocket, marching down lanes and avenues, streets and corridors. Zuriel had opted not to come, accustomed to her place before the hearth, and the notion of hunger, of dinner, of home with the people, the companions, within it, ensured he’d like to make this a quick errand. It had its own machinations, recruitment for the Artisan’s Guild, small and minimal as it was, their little cluster of creations and contortions; so his pace was swift, his stride certain. He understood the nature of the request, of kilns and their necessities, especially for those working in the pottery field, and took no further time, efficient in his movements and motions, towards the location detailed in the scrawl. The Sword’s eyes focused on the refurbished shop, on thresholds, on apertures and doors, presuming he’d followed the directions in his precise manner, before knocking on entrance, announcing his presence in his usual poise; without a single word.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Although Deimos hadn’t said a word, his presence was unmistakable. Indeed, as soon as the General arrived, Amun glanced up. Seeing who it was, he grinned easily, not at all perturbed by the silence. ”Hey big guy. Thanks for coming.” Winking at the other man, the potter set aside his broom.

Stepping closer, he slipped his hands into his pockets. "Excited to be your guildmate, mate, but as I said in my note, I gotta have a kiln to do my best work. Well, in the studio, that is." He chuckled, the sound dark and low. Pointing at the corner where he'd planned to put the kiln, he smiled. "Think you can help me out with that, big guy? I'd be oh so grateful." He winked again for good measure.

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

For the most part, Deimos remained silent, listening as Amun thanked him, a nod contorting in acknowledgment, never quite certain what to say towards the potter. He listened to the affirmation of a kiln, and though he’d never constructed one on his own, he’d seen enough between street vendors and artisans, in lives stretched well beyond this one. The fiend’s eyes glanced towards the confirmed corner, “I can,” brandished across his mouth, before maneuvering towards the chosen station. He crouched for a moment, returning to his quiet, concentrating, magic assembling in the cluster of his fingertips, starting low and across the floor, the gilded glow unfurling beneath his stilled, hushed manifestations. Before long, the bottom layer had been created, and so he steadily rose as it unfurled and unleashed, placed portions for the oven, for a firebox, for a flue, for anything Amun might require in order to get the means and measures started, the flames coaxed for adequate temperatures. It grew and grew as he spread his palms apart, meticulous, unwinding efforts curling and coiling from his motivations – until the kiln seemed to be the only thing meant to reside in the corner, massive and commanding in its own rite. Before he finished, before the golden aura ceased and desisted, because he wasn’t certain what else Amun would require, or would need, he looked over his shoulder, face impassive and neutral. “Is this sufficient?”

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As Deimos looked in the direction that Amun indicated, and then said he could do it, the Ascended grinned. "Awesome. Knew I could count on you, big guy." Following the General to the corner, the potter gave the other man some space to work. However, the potter followed the Deimos' action closely, eyes tracking the construction process.

When the General asked if this would work, the Ascended walked closer, bending down and leaning forward to take as close a look as he could. He checked the the firebox, the flue, the inside and outside of the kiln, everything he could think of.

Everything seemed to be in order, so he stood up, winking at the other man. "This'll do nicely. Thanks, big guy." Grinning again, eyes a little mischievous, the potter leaned languidly against his new kiln. "Howsoever shall I repay you?" He waggled his eyebrows suggestively, though also comically.

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

With acceptance of the construction, the Sword finished off the parameters and particulars, etching some musical notes in the back, recalling, remembering, every damned tune Amun had managed to muster on every occasion. He stepped back as Amun roamed closer to examine and scrutinize the wares; but Deimos’ construction was rarely flinty, delicate, or feeble – usually meticulous, scrupulous, and detailed, well-acquainted and anointed with completed, strong, sturdy productions. Thereafter, upon its granted, accepted inspection, he nodded, confirmation of a job completed. “You are welcome,” short, simple, to the point, nothing else required. He turned to leave, except the potter was now leaning along the newly-established kiln, too much mischief on his face; Deimos’ eyes narrowed, immediately suspicious. “There is no need.” The suggestive brow movements alone put him off for staying any longer than necessary; devilry and amusements amongst friends and family were welcomed, but Amun wasn’t amidst those configurations. With that, he motioned towards the door, another hastened nod granted and anointed, intending departure.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Deimos was no fun, and Amun pouted a little, though the wicked light in his eyes showed that he was getting a kick out of teasing the other man. However, no need to keep him around if he wasn't going to play. "Alright, big guy. If you say so. I'll see you around." The Ascended winked at the rapidly departing figure of the General.

Then the potter got the unfinished pieces he'd made while waiting for his kiln. He was a bit out of practice, so these were a little shoddy looking. However, they'd get the job done just fine, and once he regained his confidence (something that usually took him very little time) he'd be selling much finer pieces in no time.

-FINISHED

Coding base by Sky!