the running free
Phoebe!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
in the right heaven-yellow light, anything could be
holy enough to save you
Like she had done with Jigano, Rexanna slips toward the College. The sun has set, and she’s dressed much like before in dark but well fitting clothes. And she makes it to the college in fairly record time, able to see everything on her way there. A feat that still wholly rocks her, absorbs her, endears her to her goddess further. Her eyes are green now, but it doesn’t bother her in the slightest. The fact is that she can see again, and so see she does.

Knocking lightly on the door to the College, she opens the door soon after and pokes her head through the door frame, emerald eyes alight as she glances around the room. “Phoebe?” She calls out into the room. It has been too long since she’s seen her friend.
REXANNA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
in a world where you can do anything: love
the honeysuckle princess
The last thing Phoebe expected while she took stock of the College and all the upgrades it needed was for Rexanna to show up. The two had left things on very bad terms. Phoebe had been needlessly cruel, thanks to the blight, and Rexanna had taken full offense and left. The midwife was still a bit bitter about it, as the content of her words had been correct, even if the words themselves had been more unkind than they needed to be. But since then, she had seen neither hide nor hair of her, and so assumed their friendship had reached its end.

That is, until she heard her familiar voice ringing out through the halls of the College.

The Dean made her way to the top of the stairs, looking down with surprise to behold Rexanna, their new queen, standing at the bottom. She pressed her lips together in a thin line nervously, before dipping a curtsey with practiced ease. ”Your highness…to what do I owe the honor of this unexpected visit?” she said softly, holding her notebook flush to her chest.
PHOEBE
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
holy enough to save you
Well, that’s not expected at all. The moment Phoebe comes into Rexanna’s sight, and the Penumbra’s smile grows wide as she looks to her blonde haired friend, it falters with pause as soon as Phoebe dips into a curtsey, and then the your highness, the formalities. It feels like she’s back in Halyven, in Asciend, and it gives her pause enough to let her emerald gaze scan over the midwife, dean, friend, before a small chimed laugh leaves her.

Oh, you don’t have to do any of that.” She finally says, deciding that she’ll stay put unless Phoebe comes down the stairs or tells her where they can go. “I came to talk, and to catch up if you have the time? It’s been a while, and now I have new eyes so I can see everything again.” She aims a wink up to Phoebe with that same brilliant smile along her lips.
REXANNA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
the honeysuckle princess
The midwife stared in confusion at Rexanna’s reaction, unsure what to make of it. Last she had seen her, they had fought terribly. And now here she was, acting as though none of it had ever happened. She was so caught off guard, Phoebe wasn’t able to hide the uncertainty and surprise from her features. Had there been some reconciliation she had missed? Was this some sort of ploy to get something out of her? Now that she was a Queen, had come to mock her, and was using this guise of friendly familiarity to do so?

”I have time...” she said softly, though her tone was laced with uncertainty. ”But…why do you want to catch up? You made fairly clear that you do not like me anymore after my blighted outburst.” she said, brows furrowing a bit.
PHOEBE
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
holy enough to save you
Phoebe is wary, and Rexanna instantly is on alert for something she might have done, something that might have happened that she was unaware about in the time since. But when Phoebe begins to speak, uncertain and confused, it’s mimicked on Rexanna’s own face, emerald gaze lingering on the midwife in her own surprise. “Oh.” She pauses before a smaller smile breaks through her face.

That’s not true. A lot of that was the blight and the uncertainty… But it’s been awhile since then, I sort of forgot about it with everything else going on.” She looks away from Phoebe for a brief moment, gaze following the walls for a brief moment. “The wedding, LongNight, losing my eyesight, getting it back, voted as a leader in interim.” A small shake of her head. “You’re still my friend, Phoebe.” She looks back to the midwife with a soft smile crossing her face.
REXANNA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
the honeysuckle princess
Phoebe listened quietly, still not entirely sure she believed all that Rexanna was saying. Moreover…she had forgotten? The midwife had been blighted and she remembered the fight but Rex didn’t? The blonde looked upon the Queen dubiously, not sure she believed that her memory was that bad. But…well she desperately wanted her friend back.

”Even though I’m a portal guardian, so I will have to work against the Ascended in some capacity?” she said, recalling how proud of that racial status Rex had been when they fought. ”Even though I had been right, that it was the work of the Voice spreading the blight through an Ascended?” How much fault was she willing to take? How much of a rift was between them – and would Rex be willing to cross it?
PHOEBE
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
holy enough to save you
There’s a brief unnecessary sigh that leaves Rexanna’s lips at the comment of Portal Guardians, and she nods to Phoebe. “Yes.” She answers easily. “I’ve spoken with Amalia about that too. I told her I will try to work with the Voice and see if we can work together.” She offers, green eyes flitting back to the midwife. Amalia and her had wanted to work together, wanted to prevent more blights, but there was nothing Rexanna could do to prevent the portals from opening if the rest of the Ascended found a way there.

She couldn’t control them, she was only a part of them.

As for the blight, yes, you were right. And I hadn’t realized until the information had come out. But I was the first to willingly help with the micro lens in learning about the fluid, wasn’t I?” She tilts her head slightly, that same soft smile along her lips. “And I’m sorry it happened. My daughter was afflicted too. But I plan on working hard to make sure nothing like that happens again. I’m doing what I can.” She says softly, hoping that it’s enough for Phoebe – to see that she’s trying.

But I came here to chat, to catch up, as well as things about the council.” She offers, tilting her head slightly.
REXANNA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
the honeysuckle princess
Phoebe listened to Rexanna quietly as she spoke, addressing each of her concerns and points of potential contention. ”You were, but you are also the first to not believe me.” she said to her question, her hurt clear in her voice. Rex had been her friend, hopefully still was, but her lack of faith in her was hurtful. But it seemed, Rex was trying to make amends in her own way, using her newfound power to try and change the potential course of the future to be one of peaceful coexistence rather than non-Ascended eradication.

She bit her lip at her final request, hesitating for but a few moments longer. ”Then…come up and we can chat in my office.” she said. If Rexanna followed, she would lead her to the small, but tidy office, which held a desk, a few chairs, a bookshelf and storage shelf, and had one small window.
PHOEBE
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
holy enough to save you
She nods in agreement. “I was, and I’m sorry for that.” She offers briefly before she runs a hand through her dark hair and focuses back on Phoebe at the top of the stairs. “I also had many people telling me that I should regret the decision I made and what I became, when I’m still the same inside. I’m sorry I lashed out at you.” She frowns lightly, tensions had been high that entire time. And yet, Rexanna still went and planted flowers, still went and tried to amend and amend.

Part of Phoebe’s hesitation worries her, but Rexanna pushes past it as she nods and follows the request, stepping lightly up the stairs until she reaches the office. Emerald eyes scan the office briefly before they land on Phoebe again, that same soft smile crossing her face. “Well, I’m divvying up the council a bit. To cover more ground so we aren’t all just scrambling like we have been. And so I thought a section of it could go to health and the like. And since you’re running this and you’re a midwife, I thought I’d give you the heads up on it.” The offer is there on one condition. “Its voluntary, of course, and will be up for a vote. But I thought I’d let you know.
REXANNA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
the honeysuckle princess
Phoebe considered her for a moment, and Rexanna’s reasoning for the things she had said, as well as her apology. ”Apology accepted.” she said quietly at length, taking a seat in her chair at her desk. ”And…I’m sorry for how harsh I was during the blight. I…wasn’t in my right mind.” she said. Quite literally she hadn’t been – no one with it had been.

The proposition that Rex laid out though was far from expected. Wide honeyed eyes blinked slowly, trying to comprehend exactly what she said. ”You…you want to nominate me for a seat on the council?!” she said, completely shocked by this sudden turn of events. First the gods called upon her to be a portal guardian, and now she was being asked to represent the health of the Hollowed Grounds?! Phoebe wasn’t sure what to make of it! She was just a common girl, trying to make the world a little bit better and brighter – was she actually leadership material?
PHOEBE
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
holy enough to save you
Her apology is accepted, and Rexanna smiles brightly to Phoebe as they settle in her office. “Apology accepted.” She replies, relaying Phoebe’s own acceptance before her head tilts and she looks to her blonde friend. A good start, she thinks, despite everything that had happened. Regardless, Rexanna focuses on explaining her thoughts on one part of the council and then waits to see how she responds, and it’s a bit better than she imagined.

A light chime of a laugh leaves Rexanna before she dips her head lightly. “Essentially yes.” She says, waving her hands in front of her slightly as if to gesture. “I’m letting some people I know that I think would do well at it know a bit ahead of time to prepare speeches or what not for when we go to vote.” She says softly. “So long as it’s something you’re interested in?” Her head tilts lightly, smiling that same bright smile, green eyes glimmering in the light of the college.
REXANNA
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
the honeysuckle princess
”Sp-speeches?!” she sputtered, definitely not having expected that. Phoebe didn’t have stage fright per se, but she absolutely had stage fright. Speaking about things she had a specialty in, like midwifery, wasn’t so bad. She knew she had authority and a strong place to speak from. But politics? Worthiness to represent the health of the entire Hollowed Grounds?! She had only just learned how germs were spread and what cells were, and she had utterly failed to help Frey cure the blight!

But…did that make her unqualified? Or was it her resiliency to do better exactly what qualified her?

”I…I mean, it would be an honor but…” But I don’t know if I am smart enough! she wanted to shout, insecurities bubbling up to a hard boil. ”Do you really think people will listen to me? An Outlander who…is so young?” she asked, knowing that her age was a constant hurdle she faced.
PHOEBE
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
holy enough to save you
At Phoebe’s sputtering, Rexanna’s verdant gaze slips toward the midwife with a bright smile and a nod. Yes. Speeches. A reason to prove to the people of the Grounds that should they be voted for, what exactly they’ll be getting into. And with it, she waits to see what questions Phoebe might have. And the question itself isn’t exactly one that Rexanna had thought would be asked.

Dark brows raise in quiet surprise at the question, but her face blossoms into a bright smile. “Of course they would.” She tries to ensure to the blonde woman. “You’ve saved my life once before, saved plenty of others. Made a College to help inform people about how to keep themselves well. Helped plenty of women within the Grounds as well.” She lists out the accomplishments as though she’s looking through a book.

Besides, the council will have Naturals on it as well. It’s a group effort.” Here her smile softens slightly, as though it may alleviate some of Phoebe’s worries.
REXANNA