Drew A Line Across the Middle of my Broken Heart
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
another night you wish you could forget
making yourself up as you go along
Pet smiled and Adam couldn't help but lean forward to kiss that smile, glad he was able to take away some of the pain of the past for him. He'd keep making jokes forever if it'd help.

To hear that the 'magic' forced into Pet had not been like what he used here was a relief; Adam did not have to worry about him when he used his powers. However the old ones had been created, though, it certainly sounded unpleasant. He frowned, made sickened faces as Pet described the process. "Jeez, I'm so sorry babe. That sounds fucking awful."

Speaking of awful, Pet got into his description of Alex, which did nothing to help Adam's expression of disgust. He'd dealt with a lot of assholes in his line of work. It came with the territory. But this all seemed like a level of cunt that simply shouldn't exist. Leaning in to hold Pet tight against him, he whispered into his ear: "Pet, I'm gonna promise you. I love you just as you goddamn are, and I'm never gonna make you do anything you don't wanna do. We're...a team, equals. Me and you against the world. Okay?"
who's gonna take you home tonight?
ADAM
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Loneliness... is such a sad affair
and I can hardly wait
It put some things in real perspective, to see the reactions Adam had whenever he added a new detail, a fresh horror. Peter had never really put too much thought into his past, entirely on purpose. The less he thought about it, the less bad it was, the less it could affect him. Nevermind the fact that his past was beaten in every inch of his skin, that it hung over every move he made like a noxious cloud. Adam broke through every wall of denial he had, making something shatter in Pet's chest.

The apology just made everything worse, caught it all up to him in a sudden hot prickling in the backs of his eyes, the feeling of years of unshed tears finally trying to escape, breaking past the crumbling dam. He shook his head, almost confused about the reaction he was having, and took a breath, trying to hold himself together.

Adam pulled him close, and the sting, the crack, finally reached it's tipping point, tears flooding from Pet's eyes in a hot, silent flood. How many times had he cried now today, for how many reasons? His arms wrap around Adam, holding him like something precious, something that might be taken from him if he lets go, his fingers scrabbling to hold onto something. He pressed his face into the crook of Adam's neck and lets everything he can out. There's no sound that comes from him, which seems to only make the whole experience more painful, like he's choking on it.

Pet's lack of air makes it hard to try and respond, but he nods, desperately, trying to agree, trying to voice everything he wants to say. Everything the promise means to him, being the first one he's knows won't be broken.
to be with you again
PETER
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
another night you wish you could forget
making yourself up as you go along
Adam had expected that tears might fall at some point during Pet's story, but that didn't stop his heart sinking as they did, desperately reaching to hold his love as close as he could, as if his lips and hands could erase the scars on his skin if he just tried hard enough, loved hard enough.

There was a nod, hardly noticeable but there; Adam had never been good at keeping his promises, but he knew he had to try his best for this one, even if it took him to the bitter end. He could not be another failed chapter in Pet's life. He wanted to be the happy epilogue, the ride off into the sunset. "You can depend on me for anything." He whispered into Pet's hair, the first of many such statements that night.

{FIN}
who's gonna take you home tonight?
ADAM